The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zanuka As A Playable Warframe ?

I think perhaps some kind of minigame involving the Zanuka (akin to Flappy Zephyr) wouldn't be a bad idea.

However, a playable Warframe in normal missions? No thanks.

Would be awesome if we could hi-jack the Zanuka, and use it to wreak havoc in a corpus ship.

Didn't Alad V place the starting bid at a billion credits, if I remember the trailer right? Wasn't the Zenuka you kill the only one?
Wouldn't really work lorewise, unless the Tenno reverse engineered it which I doubt they'd do because of what the Zanuka truly represents. 

Edited by Murdermancer

I assume this is inspired from Metal Gear Rising?

I agree that this could work as a pet (moreso now that Kubrows have been revealed), but I'm not sure how well it would work as an actual frame - I do find the idea very interesting (and doable, as MGR demonstrates), but I'm not sure if it would be executed that well.

The concept of specifically the zanuka being a playable warframe seems to be beyond what would be right. Though reading along the posts I think the idea of a non-bipedal frame would be extremely inreresting. I think it might be out of place though, the mechanics are smooth as is, and you would have to make it just as smooth so it wouldn't be super drastic adjusting between frames.

I think it might be out of place though, the mechanics are smooth as is, and you would have to make it just as smooth so it wouldn't be super drastic adjusting between frames.

The game being 3rd person really helps. In fact, I'm pretty sure that we already have all the assets in place for a four legged frame due to the fact that we have Zanuka.

The only problem might come from how different weapons are used. I can only really think of an extra appendage coming from the back, though.

pic2_id400.jpg

evolved2_promo1.jpg

Edited by Grascen

The game being 3rd person really helps. In fact, I'm pretty sure that we already have all the assets in place for a four legged frame due to the fact that we have Zanuka.

The only problem might come from how different weapons are used. I can only really think of an extra appendage coming from the back, though.

pic2_id400.jpg

evolved2_promo1.jpg

Those were good times back then :D

I've been thinking about this and how it would probably play a whole lot like the Blade Wolf DLC for Metal Gear Rising, and now I really want this to happen in some way, shape or form

Time_to_Leave_Them_All_Behind.gif

So much this, pls

It would be sweet as a multiplayer mini game type thing. Maybe in started from the hubs?

Although, we are already getting kubrow pets. It wouldn't be far off to expect robot versions ala blade wolf. It'll be something. Then again we will also be able to get armor and stuff for the kubrow most likely so it'll still be bad &#!.

Edited by SolidSp33d

I don't think it would need to be an attachment, it would be inside the Zenuka or on the head like it is when you have to fight it. I do agree however that an additional style of warframe would be cool for people who want to specialize in say abilities. Perhaps a warframe that only uses abilities like projectiles, so you have a basic ability like a file type ability and then of course secondary weps and then your normal cool down abilities or whatever.

I've been thinking about new warframe ideas but a warframe i would want to see the most is a playable Zanuka/Harvester. Like or whatever if you agree :D.

That's disgusting...

The story behind Zanuka is that he was made from pieces of dead, tortured, disected Tenno. You'd be less liked than a Nazi Zombie.

• 3 weeks later...

Strictly speaking, the Tenno manufacturing a Zanuka IS technically possible and WITHOUT using dead Tenno. How? Because of the fact that we craft these suits in the first place. They ARE weapons. They ARE something that is not wholly alive (in my head canon). Technically speaking, you could very well craft a helmet, chassis and system for a Zanuka-esque Warframe and then craft it together same as we do all the rest. Completely possible.