Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Balance Some Mods

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

Now not many people talk about this but I felt that It should be brought up, rare mods are not how they should be. Now this does not apply to all rare mods that would be silly. There was the quick thinking balance which was really uncalled for considering that I spent A LOT of time trying to obtain it and its rarity. So here are two mods that i propose need changes so that their ability is equal to their value.

Exhibit 1

250px-SA.png

Now considering the drops, this is a pretty rare mod. It's not given out, un traded and the mobs that drop this mod bear a low drop rate. If one were to obtain this mod it would be disappointing to see that the number only goes up to 20%. For that value it's not even worth equipping. Please increase this percentile to at least 40-50% or even more!

Exhibit 2

250px-MasterThiefMod.png

This one is more well known. This mod takes 10-15 points! And the payoff is not even worth it considering locked lockers don't even give out that much loot. I propose to increase the loot value or to dramatically decrease the cost.

For me I enjoy trying out all my mods and implementing them into builds. But with weak rare mods like this that have a lot of potential, It's saddening to see that these mods don't have the importance they deserve.

Edited by TraparDensity

• 3 weeks later...

Faction damage dealer mods needs also a minor buff and the older stuffs which buffed but after nerfed back like : Flechette. Now again +5% puncture damage given before dmg 2.0 it was +10% / level and before was +5%. The mods which never was changed but needed is the capacity and reload speed increasing mods. The ammo mods now useless mainly because of the mutation mods just step into their place. Some aura would be good if increased a bit like speed boost (+30%) and physique (+50%) and siphon just slightly +1.5 energy regen at max. Not bad if the first two not stacked like the speed boost because then 4*30% is too fps killer. Enough if that aura just improve the person speed not need every aura become stacker.

Zoom mods also need more love and the warm coat need another duty to become more useful. 

All the mods need to be rebalanced, but until melee 2.0 comes out they will not do it. Hopefully it will be what they do next when it comes out (or be a part of melee 2.0). EDIT: Right after they fix Eurasia.

Edited by liavalenth

Ok since you got some luck you should be invulnerable?? Quick thinking nerf was deserved.

As for master thief, how do you want to compare its usefulness to lets say shields increase?? If you had common mod with same effect but higher chance i would understand but there isnt such so this point is invalid. Its niche mod and DE decided that not everyone should get it thats why its rare. There should be more incentive to use it but it cant be considered imbalanced.

Rare doesnt mean more powerful, rare means rare. 

Edited by Davoodoo

Rare doesnt mean more powerful, rare means rare. 

This is a good point - should rarer and harder to get mods be more useful and/or powerful than uncommon things? I would say yes, but what do others think?

If they should be more useful/powerful wouldn't it be valid to point out that something rare isn't as useful/powerful as multiple common ones?

This is a good point - should rarer and harder to get mods be more useful and/or powerful than uncommon things?

The fairest and most straightforward way to balance the rare effectiveness vs. common viability is usually to make rare mods less useful in general play but more powerful for situational play. Easy example:

Common mod: Bane of Corpus - 9 mod points - +30% damage against Corpus units

(Ficitonal)Rare mod: Bane of Techs - 14 mod points - +165% damage against Corpus heavy units