Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ankyros Prime Typo

pzykotik

In the description, it is written: 

The orokin variation of the Ankyros is superior to its SUCCESSOR in every way.

Doesn't make much sense, does it?... It should say:

The orokin variation of the Ankyros is superior to its predecessor in every way.

/e: Just got informed of a piece of lore I wasn't aware of; the orokin variations that we have are reverse-engineering of weapons that were there before, therefore making sense.

Edited by pzykotik

The Ankyros does chronologically come after the Prime version. Orokin (Prime) tech is the original version of the weapon, while the normal one we use is an attempt at replicating it. Same as Warframes (Excalibur Prime is Orokin tech, Excalibur an attempt at replicate said Orokin tech).

In the description, it is written: 

The orokin variation of the Ankyros is superior to its SUCCESSOR in every way.

Doesn't make much sense, does it?... It should say:

The orokin variation of the Ankyros is superior to its predecessor in every way.

No, I think you've got it backwards.

/e: Just got informed of a piece of lore I wasn't aware of; the orokin variations that we have are reverse-engineering of weapons that were there before, therefore making sense.

You've got it backwards. The Tenno versions of the weapons are reverse-engineered from the Orokin weapons which are both ancient and generally superior because we messed up aspects of the reconstruction.