The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested "stalker" Idea.

Retrikaethan

i had an epiphany, the infested are, as they are, constantly being driven out of a mission. so i thought, what if it was the other way around? why not make an infested stalker that when inbound changes the mob-types-that-spawn to infested and have them overrun the mission(converting humanoids as they go), with a single elite unit meant to kill the targeted tenno blended into the siege? a proper shape-shifter who would mimic the appearance of another random infested unit, that when engaged, springs to life with renewed vigor (maybe an explosion to match?) while ignoring the damage/death that would have occurred from that initial shot and blitzing the relevant tenno. maybe even use the inbound melee revamp to make it lethal at closed quarters? the changed mobs should be harder than the base mission type i would think.

well, anyway. that's the idea. i just thought it would be cool to have an infested stalker who, unlike its counterparts, takes over the mission mob type and tries to get to you from within a crowd

I wouldn't be surprised if DE implemented an infested type stalker considering we currently have 1 from each faction, except orokin void. Speaking of stalkers and orokin voids... there should be a corrupted stalker ;o

Thats exactly what I been discussing with the community moderators. They are thinking of recycling the J3-Golem into a type of hunter.

I'm for this idea. Would be cool to have the old, original "Golem" back in action.

Thats exactly what I been discussing with the community moderators. They are thinking of recycling the J3-Golem into a type of hunter.

This has been kicked around the forum a lot. J3 still had a codex entry I never scanned, I'm all for having him in game again.

Hi i have the perfect subject for that ... anyone remembers Dark Sectors Stalker ??? he was the perfect Hunter: High Agility, Climb/Wallrun , Cloak and Kill with one swift motion of his arm Blade atop of it all he is probably canon bein a "very old" technocyte virus victim thus implying it was at a very high state of its evolution and that this kind of hunter/stalker. I really LOVE the Art and Concept of this enemie and it was the main reason i "liked" Dark Sector and started playing warframe (yes i have weird motivations that keep me playing but i simpply ADMIRE the Art that way)

I can only think of either humanity has released enferon to cleanse the infected or the infected have won ... in either case this "Stalker" lives mostly underground making it hard for the Enferon Gas to kill them anyway.. so what i wanted to say: Very High chance that some of them Survived Dark Sector

RoFBaIk.jpg

http://imgur.com/RoFBaIk

Edited by Severuslanskerr

What i completely Forgot to say is: the Infested dont seem to have the ability to "communicate" with the warframe stalker and cant even "hire" him for an assasination ... the infested in game rather only assimilate things ... so they NEED a special Evolved Predator rather than an "outside Stranger" who

can be on charge of hunting single tenno down ... i would really love HIM (the old stalker) to return or to se some new kind of his evolution tree XD that takes his place!  (Im sorry for my english im not used to it anymore and mix things up alot)

The Regular Stalker sees to simply "Teleport" into the room if all players "group up" against him ... then someone spots him if he is appearing and we are all firing at him which makes an instant kill before the warframe stalker can actually move ..i think this one should appear somewhere in a mission and be completely invisible and follow a SINGLE target but before he attack he makes some noises just barely enough to confuse the player! this way it adds more adrenaline and makes you "feel" hunted till it strikes ... the alternative would be a group of players "watching each others back" as they can barely see him and use "poison or bleeding weapon effects" to make him temporary visible!

I dont wanna spam (sorry for multi posts) but i just remebered his "breath" attack ... this way he could also release nano spores into the air that infect other organic (unprotected) beings and turn some of them into infected ... he had quiet some variety in his attacks altogether i also remember a pretty decent Ranged attack that could easiely challenge a Penta Grenade only more accurate which always hit me before i figured out to use my shild!

I just replayed the original game to find out more information i could use.