Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detron Is Overrated. You Have Been Warned.

(PSN)natek_morzy

I know a lot of people want the Detron and even more are trying to find it via Harvester. I'm here to tell you that I got the Detron a day after Update 12[PS4] and shoved 5 forma's into it with a lot of haste.

It's awesome that it's elemental and you can crowd control the hell out of anything with the Seeker mod but it doesn't replace the Bronco Prime[as I hoped it would].

If I remember right.. I can get around this with a rank 7 hornet strike. And before you say "go max a hornet strike" let me inform you that I gave my maxed HS to a friend.

1100 BLAST

750 RADIATION

1800 CORROSIVE

I'm not trying to S#&$ on the Detron. I'm just posting this thread for those who want to replace their Bronco Prime. Yes I know the Brakk is coming.

Cheers,

Morzy

All I can is that the only reason I would think about caring for it is because

not many people have it.

Now, wouldn't that be the reason most people want anything?

I mean, if you wanted to get damage, just slap on BP, Brakk, Ogris, or Soma, even Acrid!

my only 'complaint' about Detron, is it isn't a Charge Weapon. i would have liked quick shots as well as Charged Shots with somewhat improved Accuracy(and Damage ofcourse i suppose).

Thats a interesting way to make it differ from the Brakk as well.

I'm not trying to S#&$ on the Detron. I'm just posting this thread for those who want to replace their Bronco Prime. Yes I know the Brakk is coming.

Just so we can have some #s in the convo. My personal opinion is the Detron is much more well rounded and better at range, but lacks the instant stopping power of the Bronco Prime. I have a 4 forma Bronco Prime and a 1 forma Detron. Detron also needs a ton of forma to perform.

Bronco Prime

Burst: 35505 DPS, Infested: 15522 DPS, Grineer 10643 DPS, Corpus 16261 DPS, Void 7045 DPS

Total per shot: 5284

Detron

Burst: 27800 DPS, Infested: 17296 DPS, Grineer 15035 DPS, Corpus 17047 DPS, Void 7808 DPS

Total per shot: 5265

Just so we can have some #s in the convo. My personal opinion is the Detron is much more well rounded and better at range, but lacks the instant stopping power of the Bronco Prime. I have a 4 forma Bronco Prime and a 1 forma Detron. Detron also needs a ton of forma to perform.

Bronco Prime

Burst: 35505 DPS, Infested: 15522 DPS, Grineer 10643 DPS, Corpus 16261 DPS, Void 7045 DPS

Total per shot: 5284

Detron

Burst: 27800 DPS, Infested: 17296 DPS, Grineer 15035 DPS, Corpus 17047 DPS, Void 7808 DPS

Total per shot: 5265

I think your numbers are off, because the difference in base damage between the two is very very large. One mod that the Bronco has over the Detron for base damage is Concussion Rounds. With Concussion Rounds alone the Bronco gets 179 impact, 13 puncture and 14 slash compared to Detron's 105.

As for your Bronco in general I would try using corrosive because I usually do well over 5284 damage. And if you're using a calculator I wouldn't put too much faith in them.

I think your numbers are off, because the difference in base damage between the two is very very large. One mod that the Bronco has over the Detron for base damage is Concussion Rounds. With Concussion Rounds alone the Bronco gets 179 impact, 13 puncture and 14 slash compared to Detron's 105.

As for your Bronco in general I would try using corrosive because I usually do well over 5284 damage. And if you're using a calculator I wouldn't put too much faith in them.

Concussion Rounds does not affect base damage, meaning elemental damage doesn't get boosted by it - so that's not an effective mod. Leave physical damage mods out of your build in general.

Also, Bronco Prime *needs* quickdraw in order to be effective bc of the punitive reload time, so that's another mod slot lost compared to the Detron.

All in all, you end up with very comparable weapons. The Bronco could be built for better damage per shot, but that 2 second reload and tiny clip will end up with you holding empty steel more often than not. Whereas the Detron can use those 1 or 2 mod slots for Moar Damage.

EDIT - additionally, never overlook the critical importance of  dat swag.

Edited by notionphil

Let's not forget that Impact damage is the least useful physical damage type given that Toxin exists.  I roll with Radiation/Toxin vs Grineer and Corpus alike.  In the void you may want to change to Corrosive because the heavy gunners have outrageous armor scaling coupled with their doubled health.

Let's not forget that Impact damage is the least useful physical damage type given that Toxin exists.  I roll with Radiation/Toxin vs Grineer and Corpus alike.  In the void you may want to change to Corrosive because the heavy gunners have outrageous armor scaling coupled with their doubled health.

I usually stick with corrosive on my bronco. It rips heavy gunners to shreds since I *can*[with max HS] do over 3000 corrosive. It's actually well balanced that way because it's great for ancients, too, and it already has impact for Corpus.

I usually stick with corrosive on my bronco. It rips heavy gunners to shreds since I *can*[with max HS] do over 3000 corrosive. It's actually well balanced that way because it's great for ancients, too, and it already has impact for Corpus.

you could do the same with Detron then, and to better result since you can manage some extra range. 

any Weapon with Corrosive will absolutely destroy Heavy Gunners. because you have a large Bonus as well as they have only above average survivability. the Bombards and Napalms with more survivability, more dangerous Weapons, and a different Armor type though...

you'd have a more flexible Weapon if you put Corrosive on Detron, honestly. you'd then have two highly effective Damage types.