Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Ankyros Prime Of All Melees?

Kaotyke

Prime stuff is picked according to what the artists think they can pimp up. There is no gameplay logic behind it. They go through the existing weapons and warframes and when they have an idea to prime it up, they will pick up.

Also all other fist weapons are Grineer and Corpus based.

I can easily explain why this of all the fisted melees: It's big. They're easy to see and they show it well. Prime is MOSTLY a visual upgrade, with some small boosts here and there. Furax might have been good too but the problem is that Furax is most likely a Grineer Weapon, as it's used by the Powerfists. The Obex and the Kogake are just too small to give them the Prime Details. maybe Kogake could have looked more claw-like? But they really aren't claws, more like literal knuckle extensions. So I think that while the Ankyros aren't the best statwise to use, they are REALLY EASY TO SEE that they are Prime weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, since we are talking about pre-Melee 2.0 here, and only 2 out fo 10 Tenno actually use melee nowadays, Ankyros Prime isn't that bad of a choice. It's hard to argue that it is the best-looking fist weapon.

EDIT : Dangit. I like how it looks.

Edited by kaboomonme

I would've preferred Kogake Prime as well. The Ankyros are without a doubt the ugliest fist weapons in the game, but after giving them a spin I fell in love with them to the point where I instantly put a potato in them.

Mod some Blast into them (Fist weapons have a "hidden" synergy with Blast; it makes Charge attacks send the enemy flying rather than ragdolling them on the spot) and go to town with them.

I would have thought Furax would get primed first since it existed even back in the closed beta. 

I think Furax are Grineer weapons so they wont get prime versions. They'd look dumb as prime anyway, the rugged beefy look is much cooler.

I hope Kestrel gets a buff but not a prime, it looks good as is.

A Corpus boomerang would be interesting lol

My one turn-off with some fist weapons is how much they clip with the guns, and Ankyros is the worst offender because of how huge they are. But I guess it's not entirely a deal-breaker... And hey, come Melee 2.0 I can just put the guns away.

1st prime weapons are alway Tenno faction based. So this excludes the obex and furax.

2nd the Ankyros needed something to stop people from laughing at them..

3rd Now we have a fist weapon prime.

If you're going to put in a 'hugging range' melee weapon, then Rhino was the right frame to pair with as his Iron Skin ability.

They're almost unusable in another frame, the enemy meele hit seems to have longer range and they stagger you on almost every hit without iron skin.

The enemy meele hit seems to have longer range and they stagger you on almost every hit without iron skin.

To be fair, the Ankyros do the same.

So against individual enemies, they are pretty good actually.

Especially the older bosses. Stun-lock them all day!

They're almost unusable in another frame, the enemy meele hit seems to have longer range and they stagger you on almost every hit without iron skin.

So Rhino Prime was definitely the right thing to bundle them with. You're right.

I really don't know why they chose Ankyros. However I'm glad they didn't go with what we [probably] wanted and created Galatine Prime.

Why not Galatine? Because a weapon like that would only belong to our residential Berserker class, Valkyr.

Anyway. For all we know they could just be blindly pointing a finger on a list of prime-able weapons. Though I mus admit the art team did well making Ankyros and Rhino match.

Edited by (PS4)natek_morzy

I always figured the Prime Equipment was more of a lore thing. They're pieces of equipment from the Orokin Era,recovered by the Lotus and the Tenno. Better than the knockoffs that were made by guesstimates and current materials that may or may not have the qualities needed to fully replicate what the original Orokin device did. Thus,Prime gear has better stats,better/more/different Polarities,and a stereotypically more noble appearance,though I think it's just plain ostentatious.

I believe it's not the gameplay developers but the arist who decide upon the next Prime stuff.

So instead of looking at what players use the most and make prime version for that, they look at the stuff they might have the most fun with turning it into prime stuff.

So someone liked the Ankryos more than the other punching weapons. Though i think the Ankyros are the ONLY Tenno punching weapon.