The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Should Be The Fastest.

Onae

I honestly fail to realize the importance of speed to you guys. I really don't. So what if the tank moves as fast as a Loki? A Loki scales much, much better into metagame runs than Rhino, plus he gets a melee advantage. Rhino on the other hand needs to keep up with you speed freaks so that he can do his job as a tank. Remember that generally Rhino becomes weaker the faster he becomes. The 0.1 difference you guys are talking about is not even worth talking about tbh. If you feel a bit butthurt about him racing past you, you're doing something really wrong.

But DrPandisimo, they do have an advantage. They have special effects in the Orokin Void. Beyond that, no other Prime is more powerful then its normal counterpart, since both can be Forma'd. 

Not entirely true, Prime weapons tend to have better stats and even the distilling extractor prime collects twice the amount of resources. The only exception to this rule are the syandana primes. Personally I feel like makes sense that prime gears have an extra boost in their stats but I do agree it shouldn't be anything game breaking.

I honestly fail to realize the importance of speed to you guys. I really don't. So what if the tank moves as fast as a Loki? A Loki scales much, much better into metagame runs than Rhino, plus he gets a melee advantage. Rhino on the other hand needs to keep up with you speed freaks so that he can do his job as a tank. Remember that generally Rhino becomes weaker the faster he becomes. The 0.1 difference you guys are talking about is not even worth talking about tbh. If you feel a bit butthurt about him racing past you, you're doing something really wrong.

For me, there are two facts that are bothering me, about Rhino Prime.

First: He is heavy - and the -heaviest- frame should not be the fastest (but I understand that Rhino needs to be a bit faster, to catch up with that rushers)

And the second reason - and for me the more important one - is, like I already said, that his Primed version is overall better than the normal Rhino. There is no reason anymore to put more effort in Rhino, because hes not as good.

(And I dont like to play Rhino Prime, because his look is more then terrible, imho)

Prime weapons are a kettle of worms I'm not sure how to approach in the context of the current problem. For now, let's just stick to trends established by Prime Warframe's. I'm not really sure how to unite the two idea wise, since Prime Weapons and Prime Warframes have, till now, been made on a somewhat different principle.

I don't blame people for wanting Prime Warframe's to be more special then their vanila brothers, I just don't feel stat changes are the way to go. More environmental interactions like the Orokin Void interaction, that's how, for now, I feel Prime Frame's should show their value. As it is, even if I ignore the fact I'm against Prime Frame's being statistical upgrades to their normal counterparts in ways that its not possible to catch up, I feel that there aren't enough Prime Warframes in the game yet to justify them having a hard advantage in every situation. To me, that functions as a limiter on what frames can be called viable, and what frames are worth potatoing, which is already a choice not to be made lightly.

That said, wanting Prime Frame's to be a upgrade is a perfectly valid viewpoint, and your right to have it. I just don't feel that Prime Warframe's should necessarily go down this road yet.

That change of 'only' 0.1 speed increase makes him better in every single part of the game than his not golden brother. Isnt that enough?

Oh? So it increases the durability of Iron Skin? Increases the radius of stomp? Duration of Roar? Didn't think so, I get the feeling you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Oh? So it increases the durability of Iron Skin? Increases the radius of stomp? Duration of Roar? Didn't think so, I get the feeling you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Than let me tell you:

That movement speed advantage will increase your survivability and your killspeed. So yes, that 0.1 runspeed plus is overshadowing the whole vanilla Rhino directly.

And the second reason - and for me the more important one - is, like I already said, that his Primed version is overall better than the normal Rhino. There is no reason anymore to put more effort in Rhino, because hes not as good.

(And I dont like to play Rhino Prime, because his look is more then terrible, imho)

That right there is the simple fact. Prime. PRIME. Just because others are subpar doesn't mean that they all need to be subpar. He is a direct upgrade to Rhino. So what? Mine has 3 forma. No matter how many expensive mods I add, I always have a lot of mod points to spare. Newbies will always start off with Rhino anyways, since Venus is easier to do than grinding Voids.

Also, just because you don't like to play Rhino Prime because of his looks doesn't justify your dislike for how he is built. Also, just another thing, heavy things CAN move fast. I'm a fat guy irl, but I can outrun most of my friends. If I could use mods, hell, I'd be quick too.

Than let me tell you:

That movement speed advantage will increase your survivability and your killspeed. So yes, that 0.1 runspeed plus is overshadowing the whole vanilla Rhino directly.

No, just @(*()$ no. You increase your survivability with power strength for Iron Skin, and stat mods for health and shields. Kill speed is to do with guns and roar. I honestly believe you are either trolling, or extremely new to the game, I just don't accept a competent person would believe the bullS#&$ you're spitting out.

I always felt like Rhino should get a tad bit slower when using Iron skin. I also always thought the Thrak Hem needed a change. Vanguard should have a slightly bigger disadvantage. But I will take him as he is, since he is one of my top 3 favorite frames

And why should Loki be the fastest frame??? He is a trickster. Not a speed king. Volt should be the absolute fastest. and right now he is slower than Zephyr who has higher LP and SP with the same amount of Armor. I really think Loki is in a good spot where he is. If you are mad about Rhino Prime, just say that

No, just @(*()$ no. You increase your survivability with power strength for Iron Skin, and stat mods for health and shields. Kill speed is to do with guns and roar. I honestly believe you are either trolling, or extremely new to the game, I just don't accept a competent person would believe the bullS#&$ you're spitting out.

I do play that game for 1 month now - so Im really new so far. But thats just a logical thing that more runspeed means more survivability, because you can get faster out of fire or something - and it means more killspeed because you are traveling simply faster through the map. You cant arguing against this facts, siriously.

Please tell me, where Im talking bullS#&$?

@bejuizub: True, that I dont like his look isnt a viable argument, I know that and I would be fine with the Rhino Prime,

if all of them are better as their normal variants ("better" in a rhino-prime way). For now the Rhino Prime dont fit in the picture of the other Primes.

Edited by Monster-T

I do play that game for 1 month now - so Im really new so far. But thats just a logical thing that more runspeed means more survivability, because you can get faster out of fire or something - and it means more killspeed because you are traveling simply faster through the map. You cant arguing against this facts, siriously.

All of a metre or two a second, not a huge difference. Faster movement does not have any effect whatsoever on your ability to kill enemies, nor their ability to kill you. 

Edit: Think of it like this, Loki is still the fastest warframe, and yet, without proper use of cover or his skills he goes down like a sack of S#&$ in direct combat. Speed does not equal survivability. 

Edited by Letter13

All of a metre or two a second, not a huge difference. Faster movement does not have any effect whatsoever on your ability to kill enemies, nor their ability to kill you.

Edit: Think of it like this, Loki is still the fastest warframe, and yet, without proper use of cover or his skills he goes down like a sack of S#&$ in direct combat. Speed does not equal survivability. 

And Im start thinking that you are maybe not quite good in the maths.There IS a difference, maybe not gigantic difference, but there is surely one.

I always felt like Rhino should get a tad bit slower when using Iron skin. I also always thought the Thrak Hem needed a change. Vanguard should have a slightly bigger disadvantage. But I will take him as he is, since he is one of my top 3 favorite frames

And why should Loki be the fastest frame??? He is a trickster. Not a speed king. Volt should be the absolute fastest. and right now he is slower than Zephyr who has higher LP and SP with the same amount of Armor. I really think Loki is in a good spot where he is. If you are mad about Rhino Prime, just say that

I really like the idea of beeing slower while Ironskin is active.

Edited by Letter13

@bejuizub: True, that I dont like his look isnt a viable argument, I know that and I would be fine with the Rhino Prime,

if all of them are better as their normal variants ("better" in a rhino-prime way). For now the Rhino Prime dont fit in the picture of the other Primes.

How does being faster make you a better killer? As far as I know I only run and gun for fun, but in a serious battle I actually aim. Any use if I run and gun and use whole clip but don't kill $h!t? Doesn't matter if you have better speed but not a team player

How does being faster make you a better killer? As far as I know I only run and gun for fun, but in a serious battle I actually aim. Any use if I run and gun and use whole clip but don't kill $h!t? Doesn't matter if you have better speed but not a team player

I didnt said that more movespeed will made you a better killer - Ive said that more movespeed will result in a better killspeed (in other words: you reach the boss faster as with the normale rhino. just a example).

My whole point is that Rhino Prime is too much better than Vanilla Rhino, compared to other Prime-frame relationships.

i thought the rhino prime speed thing was already debunked when someone posted a youtube vid of him and a clanmate and had a rhino and rhino prime moving together and were exactly the same?  or is it confirmed 100% as intentional?

Edited by Methanoid

My whole point is that Rhino Prime is too much better than Vanilla Rhino, compared to other Prime-frame relationships.

Gawd people  dat 1.0 Speed is surely game breaking to my ego so game breking its @(*()$ murdering my emersion in the game i am do damn jelly dat my frame lack a speed boost helm its not even funny so jelly i want Rhino helm speed removed and will *@##$ complain and  say its so damned unbalanced till DE dose something about it and when they do i will still complain Rhino is OP thanks to it iron skin and Rhino stomp abilities til they are both nerfed into the ground also.

Gawd people  dat 1.0 Speed is surely game breaking to my ego so game breking its @(*()$ murdering my emersion in the game i am do damn jelly dat my frame lack a speed boost helm its not even funny so jelly i want Rhino helm speed removed and will $#*(@ complain and  say its so damned unbalanced till DE dose something about it and when they do i will still complain Rhino is OP thanks to it iron skin and Rhino stomp abilities til they are both nerfed into the ground also.

then its no problem if the other primes get some form of useful and noticable boost.

i thought the rhino prime speed thing was already debunked when someone posted a youtube vid of him and a clanmate and had a rhino and rhino prime moving together and were exactly the same?  or is it confirmed 100% as intentional?

Maybe this will convince you... The videos were not altered in any way.