The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helmets With Status De !

5stareraser

Can we have status on all helmets DE ? Every little helps when you fight out there. Last thing, make the status removable. Everyone will be happy now. A lot of wonderful helmets but I see no use for them. Just for the look is not enough its a fight not a beauty contest like in DOTA. Tyvm.

Stats on Helmets have been halted for a good while as they are not conductive to a healthy game.

we don't have a new place to move those stats quite yet though.... (seems like a reasonable enough place to put them would be a 'traits' tree to choose an option on out of X choices).

so in the future expect them to have no Stats at all, and instead have them tied to a completely different mechanic. one that doesn't control the appearance of your Warframe.

First people complained about how they don't want stats on helmets and skins so they don't feel like they're forced to have to chose one over the other.

Now that the stats are gone, people are crying about how they want stats on helmets and skins because they don't want to be able to chose something based on their own tastes.

Tell me, would you prefer the Gauss Mag helmet over the Coil Mag helmet? You can't choose default because it's just that, default. 

DE stated they would no longer make helmets with stats since people tended to like the cosmetics but not the bonus/drawbacks, or vice versa. Personally I think they should remove the stats from the older helmets as well and instead make some non-cosmetic items that give each warframe a bonus, but I heard DE has no intention of removing the stats from the old helmets (I'm hoping that's not true because it seems a bit lazy).

EDIT: Evidently DE is doing something about the old helmets as well. Wasn't doubting them, just wasn't 100% sure due to hearsay.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Stats on Helmets have been halted for a good while as they are not conductive to a healthy game.

we don't have a new place to move those stats quite yet though.... (seems like a reasonable enough place to put them would be a 'traits' tree to choose an option on out of X choices).

so in the future expect them to have no Stats at all, and instead have them tied to a completely different mechanic. one that doesn't control the appearance of your Warframe.

Mod slots for body parts ?

Like Rush going on the legs.

And Intensify on the Codpiece

DE stated they would no longer make helmets with stats since people tended to like the cosmetics but not the bonus/drawbacks, or vice versa. Personally I think they should remove the stats from the older helmets as well and instead make some non-cosmetic items that give each warframe a bonus, but I heard DE has no intention of removing the stats from the old helmets (I'm hoping that's not true because it seems a bit lazy).

Don't ruin it! 

I enjoy wearing my Espirit Vauban helmet for a reason tyvm.

i dont think they will allow the helemets alone to have a option to remove stats , as this will effect everyone , and well everyone would turn on stats if they could thats if they were good enough , so i would just say turn all the stats off on the helmets or keep it they way its going the now and have them just have no stats when ever they release new helmets...

@5Stare Why should I have to wear a helmet I find ugly just because it's the best thing around?

For example, I love Nyx's base helm- Yet everything points to going Vespa due to it's 15% Efficency at the cost of 5% armor (And 15armor-5% is 13 armor, so it's not even a loss). DE has decided that that isn't fair, especially since the most common method of atainment is buying them off the shop. With the stats removed from helm the game becomes just a little less pay to not have to work (Or P2NHTW if you will)

Don't ruin it! 

I enjoy wearing my Espirit Vauban helmet for a reason tyvm.

How would it be ruined? If the stats were moved to a non-cosmetic item, like a booster or something, you could just wear the helmet and the booster item (which would have it's own slot). The only difference is you would still have the altered stats even if you switch to another helmet.

How would it be ruined? If the stats were moved to a non-cosmetic item, like a booster or something, you could just wear the helmet and the booster item (which would have it's own slot). The only difference is you would still have the altered stats even if you switch to another helmet.

I know. I was just being dumb. 

But seriously..some of the helmets are fugly..like Mag's alt helms...like anybody would like to go around(with no effects, mind you.) with his head looking like a mutant vagina because of that Coil helmet.

I heard DE has no intention of removing the stats from the old helmets.

The last thing they said was that they were thinking about how to go about it. The main and I think only reason they don't want to flat out remove helmet stats is because some people may have bought them with plat for the stat advantage and that it would be a hassle to reimburse all helmet purchasers. They'd need a way to keep the value of the helmets without keeping the - in certain cases - broken stats, and depending on how the focus system is implemented, they might have found their solution.

If you can only choose one focus ability for one piece of gear and helmet would count as gear, alternate helmets would keep their value as providing players with more build choice while removing the imbalances some of old alternate helmet stats(Vanguard/Coil) have created.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Mod slots for body parts ?

Like Rush going on the legs.

And Intensify on the Codpiece

how is completely changing Mod slots even remotely related to the stats on the Helmets?

Mod Slots have a consise enough UI as it is. no need to make them annoying like they were early on where the slots were all over the screen and hard to find.

all we need is a system that can reasonably hold these stats so that all frames may have these optional stats generated for them.

edit:

You don't want status SWITCH IT OFF !!! Quite a simple solution.

there's no reason to tie game altering stats to cosmetic items at all. that defeats the purpose of a cosmetic item.

Edited by taiiat

The last thing they said was that they were thinking about how to go about it. The main and I think only reason they don't want to flat out remove helmet stats is because some people may have bought them with plat for the stat advantage and that it would be a hassle to reimburse all helmet purchasers. They'd need a way to keep the value of the helmets without keeping the - in certain cases - broken stats, and depending on how the focus system is implemented, they might have found their solution.

If you can only choose one focus ability for one piece of gear and helmet would count as gear, alternate helmets would keep their value as providing players with more build choice while removing the imbalances some of old alternate helmet stats(Vanguard/Coil) have created.

Good to know that was just hearsay. I thought it would've been a bit lazy of DE to just leave half the helmets with bonuses and the other half without. Being able to attach stats to these items with Focus actually sounds pretty neat. Not that removing the stats from the helmets and reimbursing the players with the new booster items would be too hard for them to do either, but I'd rather see where they go with that first.

It's easier to just release future helmets without stats and pretend that nothing is wrong with the current system. I'm done feeling mad about DE's attitude regarding this, been bitter about it for far too long. Now I'm just plain saddened.