The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Founders Pack Exclusivity Is Hard To Defend

Sniperoth

If the pack does get re-released its likes saying that every event in the past should be done over again so everyone can get the badges that are exclusive. there are also many other weapons that were released with special skins that were for a limited time as well like all the vandals. why isnt anyone complaining about those

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If the pack does get re-released its likes saying that every event in the past should be done over again so everyone can get the badges that are exclusive. there are also many other weapons that were released with special skins that were for a limited time as well like all the vandals. why isnt anyone complaining about those

????????????????????

It's a concern on many people's minds. And, most people who wants Founder's items don't care about the Forum Badges, or Solar Shoutouts. They want the in-game items, to complete collections / gain mastery points.

If you're talking about in-game shoulder badges themselves, then, there is a difference again. Every new event comes with a new badge. A player is free to choose their own, and there is an element of... well, it's easily replaceable. Didn't get the very first badge ever? Less likely to care because some later badges might fill that void. However, with Excalibur Prime, Lato/Skana Prime, there are gameplay advantages to owning it (Mastery Points, as well as being better weapons. (Insert "BUT THEY AREN'T THEY GOOOOOOOD" counter-'argument'.),) as well as finishing a tangible collection. You see all your Warframes in the inventory when you open it up. You need to go into menus to find your badges.

If the pack does get re-released its likes saying that every event in the past should be done over again so everyone can get the badges that are exclusive. there are also many other weapons that were released with special skins that were for a limited time as well like all the vandals. why isnt anyone complaining about those?

I admit being a little late to the party. I'd love for the developers to rehost and/or rework the events and re-release the weapons by succeeding in those events. I've even submitted a little bit of feed back to that effect. I have yet to give DE any direct feedback about the founder's gear, because I don't have a good solution.

I don't think vets are going to be up in arms if DE decides to re-host past events like once every year or two. But, maybe I'm wrong.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hardly the lack of badges will make people rise and demand anything, now a prime warframe, thats a whole different story, hell I dont care about any wraith/vandal I missed, dont care about lato and skana prime, only Excalibro, and thats what 90% of us want, Excalibro prime.The warframe collection just doesnt feel right without him, i swear to god that if it wasnt for the forums i would have sold my wraith twin vipers, I only keep useful or fun to use gear.

Exactly ^ Can we please lock this already? Not sure why people feel the need to repost thread after thread when they keep getting locked because DE has already said no.

Only one got locked and the reason behind it is clearly stated in the link you kindly provided us.You have absolutely zero authority to ask something to be locked.

Only one got locked and the reason behind it is clearly stated in the link you kindly provided us.You have absolutely zero authority to ask something to be locked.

And you have no authority to tell him about the authority he doesn't have. Interesting loop we're in huh?

founders want come back but they still could make something new with Excalibur prime in it. But if not codex it is looking at Excalibur prime the only Warframe we cant get because of it being  exclusive for PC only it really has no words of justice for it at this point all we can do is wait and be upset or happy with this great idea for him to be on ps4 its not right but  i see now in Warframe that dont matter because it was exclusive still should be in our game tho but codex is fine for now i guess.  

founders want come back but they still could make something new with Excalibur prime in it. But if not codex it is looking at Excalibur prime the only Warframe we cant get because of it being  exclusive for PC only it really has no words of justice for it at this point all we can do is wait and be upset or happy with this great idea for him to be on ps4 its not right but  i see now in Warframe that dont matter because it was exclusive still should be in our game tho but codex is fine for now i guess.  

If i remember correctly didn't they say somewhere about merging the ps4 and pc servers so that we can all play together?

-snip-

1st amendment.

-snip-

Uhm, the first amendment doesn't apply here. The Internet isn't the sovereign property of the United States, ergo your amendments aren't in any control here.

Not that you can't speak freely, I just through I'd point out some facts.

Uhm, the first amendment doesn't apply here. The Internet isn't the sovereign property of the United States, ergo your amendments aren't in any control here.

Not that you can't speak freely, I just through I'd point out some facts.

Well pointed btw, I am not even American so I wouldnt consider them mine, just thought it would be more in the lines of an american answer towards the freedom or lack of it subject, since that is the predominant nationality here, but i will take the interwebz freedom of speech rights. :P

Well pointed btw, I am not even American so I wouldnt consider them mine, just thought it would be more in the lines of an american answer towards the freedom or lack of it subject, since that is the predominant nationality here, but i will take the interwebz freedom of speech rights. :P

Fair enough. DE is actually Canadian, and this website is their private property and they have the rights to censor, delete etc any messages/threads they please. 

I'm no scholar, but I'm sure DE is more than comfortable with us speaking our minds. And in the cases they aren't, they CAN just delete the threads, but lets go back on topic before this derails.

The founders package is closed and should stay closed, thats certain. It had a purpose and that purpose was fulfilled.

A possible solution is simply to rename the frame, Excalibur Legend or something and free up the Excalibur Prime slot again. The founders keep their exclusive as they should and the new version of the frame can be inserted into the game and earned by everyone. Oh and only have the legend version appear in the codex of founder players.

Eventually someone is going to start demanding that it gets released again but if its off to one side they have even less of an argument in their favour for it.

FOUNDERS packs were for those of us who proudly supported the game during its FOUNDATION

For all other enquiries ..see Prime Access...

Also...there are hints that there MAY be new exclusive packs coming in the future, but they will NOT include any of the Founders pack items...

What if the fouder package owners are compensated with another exclusive such as Excalibur Prime version 2 and we get the package for a higher amount than Prime access then all will be happy :)

What if the founders got what they paid for (instead of having their item hot-swapped after the fact) and the non-founders got nothing, because that's what they paid for?

Then everyone would get what they were entitled to.

What if the founders got what they paid for (instead of having their item hot-swapped after the fact) and the non-founders got nothing, because that's what they paid for?

^This is logic.

^

This is NOT logic, this is Greed

^

This is NOT logic, this is Greed

Greed is wanting something you don't have! Stop calling Founders GREEDY! It may be considered selfish, but anyone without the Founders stuff who wants the Founders stuff, after the fact, is greedy!

*curls up in a ball polishes Excal Prime*

Myyyy......pre...cioussss 

They wants to takes it from us

We won't let them my precious

But they wants it, they are willing to hurt poor hunter

We will leads them to her

Aaahh and whens they go in!

They won'ts be coming out

And precious will be all for MEEEE!

For us

Yes yes..for us

Edited by DeathMavrik

I mean I don't care really.

I gave them some money because I liked their product and got a silver badge.

Let me tell you, I used excalibur prime for mastery and called it a day.  Still own him but he really isn't that big of a deal.

If it becomes available to the public?  Not a care in the world, It doesn't bother me one bit.

Greed is wanting something you don't have! Stop calling Founders GREEDY! It may be considered selfish, but anyone without the Founders stuff who wants the Founders stuff, after the fact, is greedy!

Wanting what others have is envy.

Wanting more than others have is greed.

Edited by PoorCensored