Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Founders Pack Exclusivity Is Hard To Defend

Sniperoth

@Emeere

The problem is that even if they did that and released it for 2 weeks or a month or whatever the people who come in right after it ends will throw this exact same hissy fit and it will just repeat over, and over, and over and over and over and over again like it is now.

DE just needs to stick to their word.

I'm fully aware, but at least it would shut them up for a little while

I guess?

The movement for bring the Founders Package to PS4 is present. They never got a chance.

If you didn't buy it for the PC when you had the chance, that's your own damn fault.

Good, good, let me just call up my buddy with a PS4, so I can buy it on my PS4 account and transfer it over to my PC account.

Exclusive, schmooclusive.

@Emeere

The problem is that even if they did that and released it for 2 weeks or a month or whatever the people who come in right after it ends will throw this exact same hissy fit and it will just repeat over, and over, and over and over and over and over again like it is now.

DE just needs to stick to their word.

I think the main reason that most PS4 players are upset is because PS4 as a whole never got the chance.

I would think that if they gave it to us for just a little bit, those who come after should understand that they should have picked up Warframe a bit earlier than they did.

So far you have all managed to prove the point of:

Q: How will this affect you?

A: It will not.

I mean, if your jumping around the answer of "i wont feel special enough" or anything close to it, just say so. I know it is just about the only logical explaination.

Im saying, open it up on the ps4 for a couple of weeks, it wont affect you, and it will shut a lot of people up. And people who complain after the fact, well, they dont have any excuses do they? You cant tell a PS4 player, "shut up you missed it" until it actually happens.

Good, good, let me just call up my buddy with a PS4, so I can buy it on my PS4 account and transfer it over to my PC account.

Exclusive, schmooclusive.

It seems there is no PS4 to PC transferal planned, because Sony.

Also: Ha.

Alright, let's re-release Founders on PS4. You guys win.

Disciple pack starting at $999.99 and +$250 per pack. 

I like it.

Of course, then people will hack it and then say it all sucks and want more...

Just like all other forms of blackmail, it will have a tendency to grow when people give in.

Edited by Kalenath

Hey now, that's just... platform-ist, I guess...?

No, it is human nature. I won, I want more. Simple.

We deserve more because we are the center of the universe. Who cares if it is possible? Who cares if it is right, or legal, or ethical? Who cares? Not important as long as the have-nots get what they are screaming for. There will be no happy ending and no one cares.

Edited by Kalenath

Well, I'd like to remind you that DE wants to never release Founders pack on PS4, but offer exclusive PS4-only items on PS4.

If they were to offer the packs, $200-250 should probably be the price. To my understanding, it won't feature any physical swag obviously, no solar landmarks and no design council on PS4, only items and plat, right? $200 sounds reasonable.

@Kalenath Sorry what? Hack? Or did you mean mass-purchase, like that time when random matches with 4x Misa Sydanna were common on PS4? What's the issue?

I think the main reason that most PS4 players are upset is because PS4 as a whole never got the chance.

I would think that if they gave it to us for just a little bit, those who come after should understand that they should have picked up Warframe a bit earlier than they did.

That's what they said to the ps4 players in the first place and you wouldn't take no for an answer. What is it exactly that makes you think that new ps4 players and even new pc players will take "no we offered it twice already" as an answer. Especially after DE already set a precedent of caving?

That's what they said to the ps4 players in the first place and you wouldn't take no for an answer. What is it exactly that makes you think that new ps4 players and even new pc players will take "no we offered it twice already" as an answer. Especially after DE already set a precedent of caving?

Because it is normal, accepted industry practice, while current situation isn't. Sorry but it is not ok to leave pieces of exclusive content on a system where you never offered it.

@Kalenath Sorry what? Hack? Or did you mean mass-purchase, like that time when random matches with 4x Misa Sydanna were common on PS4? What's the issue?

The ISSUE?

People are DEMANDING that DE go back on their word. For some people, a company's word is very important. For others, it is obviously meaningless.

ANY game can be hacked. Consoles are harder to do, since much of the software resides at the main hub, but it IS possible. But the people who hack are generally not the ones who consider things like 'fair business dealings' to be important. After all, why buy something when you can steal it? When you can demand it and be given it because you deserve it without earning it.

I SAID that I wouldn't MIND a PS4 Founder's pack, but that wasn't enough for many. They must have it all. And now, they want it to drop in the Void. (as in, NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT AT ALL!) Tell me how that is fair to US? Oh, wait... double standards again! Fair only matters if it is fair to THEM. Who gives a S*** about fair to US?

Tell me that YOU wouldn't be P***ed if you paid a good chunk of money for something and then found out that the company handed it out for free to someone who scream loudly when they couldn't get it when it was offered. Please tell me you would wouldn't be.

Yes, I am upset by this. Not surprised unfortunately. But definitely upset. The ONLY good news is that DE seems to have a good grasp of the ethics of the situation and have said 'no'.

Edited by Kalenath

I don't know. It just seems like less PC players are complaining about not being able to have the founders pack than PS4 players, so I just assumed it was because PC had the chance.

I mean, even if the complaining doesn't stop, it should become less, right?

The ISSUE?

People are DEMANDING that DE go back on their word. For some people, a company's word is very important. For others, it is obviously meaningless.

ANY game can be hacked. Consoles are harder to do, since much of the software resides at the main hub, but it IS possible. But the people who hack are generally not the ones who consider things like 'fair business dealings' to be important. After all, why buy something when you can steal it? When you can demand it and be given it because you deserve it without earning it.

I SAID that I wouldn't MIND a PS4 Founder's pack, but that wasn't enough for many of you. They must have it all. And now, they want it to drop in the Void. (as in, NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT AT ALL!) Tell me how that is fair to US? Oh, wait... double standards again! Fair only matters if it is fair to THEM. Who gives a S*** about fair to US?

Tell me that YOU wouldn't be P***ed if you paid a good chunk of money for something and then found out that the company handed it out for free to someone who scream loudly when they couldn't get it when it was offered. Please tell me you would wouldn't be.

Yes, I am upset by this. Not surprised unfortunately. But definitely upset.

This is unfair to you and completely unacceptable to anyone. But I don't remember anyone ever mentioning that. We wanted the option to buy that $250 pack on PS4. Not asking for items from it for free.

This is unfair to you and completely unacceptable to anyone. But I don't remember anyone ever mentioning that. We wanted the option to buy that $250 pack on PS4. Not asking for items from it for free.

YOU PERSONALLY did not ever say that.

Several OTHER PS4 players, naming no names, have said that they want the Founder's items to drop in the Void. TELL ME that is fair. Please. That all you have to do to get what many people paid good money for is to play the game.

I am not one of the players who would have a problem sharing IF YOU PAY FOR IT! If you support the company making this game!

If you don't? If you want it for free? My responses have been to the ones who want the items for free and the people supporting them. You have supported them, maybe unknowingly. Maybe not. Doesn't matter. My answer is the same.

Nothing against you personally. But as far as the game is concerned? Support it or stop the F***ing whining.

Edited by Kalenath

Several OTHER PS4 players, naming no names, have said that they want the Founder's items to drop in the Void. TELL ME that is fair. Please.

I am not one of the players who would have a problem sharing IF YOU PAY FOR IT! If you support the company making this game!

If you don't? If you want it for free? My responses have been to them and the people supporting them. You have supported them, maybe unknowingly. Maybe not. Doesn't matter.

WHAT IF, the prime stuff got released to the void (like primes should be IMO) and the founders got something else! Ex. Excalibur Wraith, Vandal, something.

IDK

If it is was available again i would say it should be same price(as the original) with the prime stuff and plat and nothing else, like the prime acces, but well that wont happen... 

Edited by Aeon66

Several OTHER PS4 players, naming no names, have said that they want the Founder's items to drop in the Void. TELL ME that is fair. Please.

I am not one of the players who would have a problem sharing IF YOU PAY FOR IT!

If you don't? If you want it for free? My responses have been to them and the people supporting them. You have supported them, maybe unknowingly. Maybe not. Doesn't matter.

I believe we reached the point of mutual understanding. I'm all for offering these expensive packs on PS store and I am strictly against releasing any items meant as premium-pack exclusive for free. If Skana prime is advertised as part of $150 pack, then it should only be offered in $150 packs. Same with misa sydanna, excalibur prime etc.

I am simply against platform-wide mistreatment. You could buy Founders pack on PC, can't buy via Sony PS store.

WHAT IF, the prime stuff got released to the void (like primes should be IMO) and the founders got something else! Ex. Excalibur Wraith, Vandal, something.

IDK

I don't know either.

The problem is, not only do we have egos at stake, but also DE has legal questions added into the mix. We DON'T have all of the information. People ASSUME we do and are making assumptions based on their lack of information. Others are just demanding things and still others on all sides are trolling to stir the pot.

Thing is, I wouldn't MIND if PS4 got the REGULAR Excalibur Prime, making the Founders THERE our brothers. If they pay what I had to. I may be in the minority here on PC, but I THINK that adding more Founders would be a good thing. Now if you are ALREADY a Founder here and transfer over...  Ick... it gets complicated.

This is a VERY cool game. It isn't finished by a long shot. We have a chance to make something great here.

Will we rise to the challenge? Or will greed and avarice doom this title as it has so many others?

I believe we reached the point of mutual understanding. I'm all for offering these expensive packs on PS store and I am strictly against releasing any items meant as premium-pack exclusive for free. If Skana prime is advertised as part of $150 pack, then it should only be offered in $150 packs. Same with misa sydanna, excalibur prime etc.

I am simply against platform-wide mistreatment. You could buy Founders pack on PC, can't buy via Sony PS store.

I think we have too.

I HOPE DE is coming up with something cool to offer PS4 players, some cool 'exclusives' of your own. I personally wouldn't mind even if I can't get them on PC. I think it would be more than fair as long as people support the game.

Edited by Kalenath