Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can The Gorgon Wraith Get A Slight Buff?

GONZI2013

So as you know, the Gorgon Wraith is a slight disappointment due to the fact that it isn't that much better than the regular gorgon. I think a slight and fair buff could fix that. I was thinking that the crit chance would be increased from 10% to 15-17% making it preform like the Gorgon of old sort of. Thoughts?

According to the wiki, both have the same crit stats. The difference comes to an increase in impact damage, but a decrease in slash and puncture. The Wraith also has increased proc chance and a decreased reload time. I'd say it's already better than the original without being too far of an improvement.

Edited by CaptainPeanut

I agree it needs a buff. I am tired of guns that are only useful against one faction, personally. I don't want it to have only Impact damage. I want a decent all around machine gun. The reload speed is decent, but that is the only thing good about the Gorgon Wraith as of right now based on the stats only.

Edited by TheSeannachaidh

I agree it needs a buff. I am tired of guns that are only useful against one faction, personally. I don't want it to have only Impact damage. I want a decent all around machine gun. The reload speed is really awesome, but that is the only thing good about the Gorgon Wraith as of right now.

Since the corpus are the Grineer's main enemy it makes sense for them to do damage against them. And I agree with you apart from the reload speed there isn't that much of an improvement, defiantly not as much as the Strun Wraith.

Triple the status chance, faster reload, more damage per bullet, and a higher rate of fire... isn't that enough?

at fist glance,not really. Definatly not as big of improvement as we all hoped for, even more for those who used the Gorgon when it was the best gun in the game.

Edited by GONZI2013

To me the issue here is that the Wraith weapons have all been very powerful things that you want to keep around and use; but unless the Gorgon Wraith has some REALLY unexpected feature it is vastly outperformed in general by several other primaries, and outperformed specifically by other fully automatic rifles that do its job better than it does. (on the other hand, this Wraith is stupidly easy to get)

Edited by Momaw

I agree it needs a buff. I am tired of guns that are only useful against one faction, personally. I don't want it to have only Impact damage. I want a decent all around machine gun.

I'm glad the guns are semi-specialized to force a change in loadouts, force a strategic combo of weapons, etc. otherwise everyone would be using the same damn guns (although that already happens anyway ._.)

Edited by DarkTails

I think people are underestimating what all those speed/output buffs actually do, myself.

But I won't lie, I raised a disappointed eye when I noticed it was in the codex before looking at the more subtle buffs. Not that I expected it to stand up against the Soma/Boltor Prime or anything.

A proc chance buff couldn't hurt, especially not in the current state of proc chances.

Edited by KoshLovesYou

Triple the status chance, higher accuracy, faster reload, more damage per bullet, and a higher rate of fire... isn't that enough?

Nope.

"nope"? Gosh, yeah, I can see how massively increasing the DPS and status chance doesn't meet what you want. Boiled it down to what you're actually demanding:

the best gun in the game.

is stupidly easy to get)

Ah. Yes, that sounds about right.

Before the accuracy factor, and before the procc factor the Gorgon Wraith hits a sustained dps value that is 27% greater than the standard gorgon. 

Really, that isn't enough for people? 

Hits harder, more reliably and with added tricks? Sounds like an update to me! Looking forward to it,

I agree about the buff, but buff the crit chance? I think the damage should be 30 minimum, its a spaciel weapon and the target is that people will have a reason to keep it besides the look, it needs to be an actuel reward, and not something thats worse in every way when compared to some weps in the market

I agree about the buff, but buff the crit chance? I think the damage should be 30 minimum, its a spaciel weapon and the target is that people will have a reason to keep it besides the look, it needs to be an actuel reward, and not something thats worse in every way when compared to some weps in the market

I'm assuming you mean Soma. 

Gorgon Wraith proccs 90% more often.  

Thinking about the math, Gorgon Wraith works out to an 88% chance, per second, to proc status, without a single mod on it. Maximized status chance modding would give it 99.1% per second, and that's not including the upcomming status chance mod we'll be given along with it.