Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Rare Yet Most Easy To Obtain. (Bo Needs A Buff)

LusterSounD

I'm talking about the weapon "Bo". It is NEVER used (or at least I've never seen it.)

This weapon appears so underpowered that no one will use it. Naturally one says to buff stats on such a thing, but I feel it needs more than that to get an audience. When melee 2.0 comes out, THIS weapon needs a good amount of tweaking to become considerable. I feel like it's just sitting on the servers collecting data dust.

Agree. The "Bo" feels slow, clumpsy and has no flow in its attackpattern.
Think thats wierd, cause a guy trained in staff can easly repell two trained guys with swords.

Quick, nice flow and some more paindealing would make this weapon more considerable

Edit: At the time, equiping the "bo" is like being the older brother in "Napoleon dynamite", when he states: "You can not hit me, i´m a trained cagefighter", and then he gets slapped in the face  

Edited by Grimfrost

In Chinese Wuxia novel(martial arts novel), staff weapons like Bo have powerful utility.

They may not be able to deal high damage, but they have many advantages:

-good at knocking down, stunning, staggering enemies

-good at blocking attacks

-wide attack range when used like swords

-long attack range when used like spears

-light, which means you can wield quickly

-make enemies underestimate your power

I have to say I'm kind of disappointing when I first got Bo.

And I totally agree that Bo needs some love.

Edited by yles9056

I used, Bo before Damage 2.0. Was a beast weapon imo when stacked with attack speed and armour pierce, would chew through Grineer and Corpus all the while stunlocking them. And it just didn't get attention and who could blame the players when in the same game there are cool swords and giant swords and axes or dual daggers etc, and when it comes down to it, Bo is just a stick.

And not The Stick of Truth, just a regular stick.

I used, Bo before Damage 2.0. Was a beast weapon imo when stacked with attack speed and armour pierce, would chew through Grineer and Corpus all the while stunlocking them. And it just didn't get attention and who could blame the players when in the same game there are cool swords and giant swords and axes or dual daggers etc, and when it comes down to it, Bo is just a stick.

And not The Stick of Truth, just a regular stick.

you've never played sould calibur , 

And a Bo staff can kill in good hands 

With your logic Stug is a goo gun , just a goo gun

You guys are missing the point, BO is a weapon that new players can easily acquire. It's not the thing you can one hit a boss with. (galatine) it's a scrub weapon. Don't expect to to be anything but that.

If I was to redesign Bo, I would make the status very high, but still have very low damage.  Make the weapon have average to fast swing speed designed to inflict statuses and a large knockdown radius on jump attacks.  Also, change the swing animation to something more akin to ether reaper instead of orthos.  The fluidity would be more visible without looking choppy.  Charge attacks would do decent damage, but make wall and slide attacks knock down enemies.

Whoa this Bo right here works 2lw6og8.jpg

Especially with Loki or Ash melee buff.... That knock back is Kestrel sweet. I just hope the knockback bug gets fixed soon.

I really look forward to the new animations coming... They should be exclusively for the Bo and the Amphis grips.... I wonder what they have in store....

This seems to be the build I like best until Melee 2.0

t6w6jk.jpg