Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missing Headshot "crunch" Sound

superbot34

Has anyone else noticed since, well, since around update 10-ish, if you are a client, headshots don't deal that satisfying headshot "crunch" sound when killing the enemy? It's certainly not a big deal, but the sound of headshotting that grineer who is peeking around the corner then hearing the messy "crunch" sound adds to the fun of using the weapon.

It may sound odd, but one of the reasons i stopped using my ogris is because i wasn't satisfied anymore when i killed a grineer with a headshot and just heard the explosion, as if i hit a dummy instead of a living thing. So i was wondering what you think, if you are shooting an enemy in the head and you hear that distinct crunching sound, does it add to the "feel" of the weapon or the fun of using it? It's one of the reasons i stopped using the Ogris and other weapons.

I have never seen this topic ever discussed about before, which adds to my sadness of it eventually probably being removed or never "fixed". 

It not only needs a sound it needs to leave a mark as in DECAPITATE enemies, those grineer that have the face cleanly open are fun to headshot BUT nothing happens !! where are the brain chunks and the headless bodies ?

they do have guts and body parts when slicing up enemies and swords at least. 

I also noticed it. And its not the only thing that I miss. I also miss when their head exploded in pieces or were decapitated by a single shot from a pistol. 

Give us Fallout 3 'blood mess' where a single shot turns a body in a pool of entrails. Put it as a option in the menus, so that the more sensitive people can play without seeing it. 

Edited by Wolfstorm18

Headshot crunch sound: very good idea, we will be looking into this.  There is currently a sound that plays when you kill an enemy but there never was a distinct "headshot" sound.

Thanks for noticing the thread but no, you guys do have a headshot crunch sound. Several, actually, but they do not seem to play unless you are host or a warframe power targets the head.

• 2 weeks later...