Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's A Great Sidearm These Days?

Ransurias

On PS4. Akboloto 5 Forma, unbeatable for itchy trigger fingers . Decorate the walls. If you did the Cicero event, Twin Wraith Vipers. Any form of throwing dagger, ninja star is amazing for high levels and scales really well for higher level enemies.

I like Aklex for sniping, just love the sound of it and headshotting Grineers. Stug is fun to use. Akbronco is ok. Akmagnus, not a huge fan of how it sounds but love the look and its powerful when modded right. Haven't tried Brakk yet, will have to wait till next update. No luck yet with getting a Detron.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

Akbolto, Akvasto, Slug or Marelok. Do note that while the Slug is powerful and has a great damage type, it's the queen of suicide (where the king is the Ogris and the prince is the Penta).

The spammiest is the Akbolto (42 rounds per reload if you equip Ice Storm), followed closely by the Slug. Akvastos have a decent magazine size, but need precision. Marelok is a headshot weapon.

Here's how I mod them:

(All)

Hornet Strike

Barrel Diffusion

Lethal Torrent

(Akbolto)

Convulsion

Deep Freeze

Ice Storm

Pathogen Rounds

Pistol Pestilence

-Total: puncture, magnetic and toxin. If you expect to fight infested, swap ice storm for heated charge.

(Akvasto)

-No idea. Clanmates love this, but I prefer the akbolto for my secondary needs. I'd probably give it corrosive and cold damage.

(Slug)

Magnum Force

Convulsion

Deep Freeze

Pathogen Rounds

Pistol Pestilence

-Total: natural corrosive, magnetic and toxin. Again, if you really expect to fight infested, swap pistol pestilence for heated charge.

(Marelok)

Convulsion

Tethra electric/status mod

Pathogen Rounds

Pistol Pestilence

Seeker (so you can proc multiple enemies at once)

-Total: natural impact and slash, magnetic and toxin. Kills *everything*.

Edited by DoomFruit

OK not Brakk

Detron is one of the top anti Grinner weapons

Marelok fights its way to be the best gun in the game

Despair deals insane single target damage

Kunai is the cheaper little buddy of Despair

Hikou is the crazy fun sister of Kunai

Akvasto is a solid choice

AkBolto also amazing against Grinner

And Stug being your tiny Spamta

And my go to weapon the AkMagnus

I put 3 forma into it now.

The DPS is only second tier, but the thing might be the best sidearm for hybrid builds, damage or crit or proc.

Amazing Crit and Status chance. Put multishot in it and you will crit and proc on every shot.

Damage type is balanced with around 40% impact, 30%puncture, 30% slash, making it viable for all types with a slight bonus against corpus.

Only downsie is the long realod, but thats ok as you will kill most things in 1 shot up to 50+  and everything that will not simple melt will get 50 different status effects on them. 

My build 3 V polarity

Maxed:

Hornet Strike

Lethal Torrent

Barrel Diffusion

Convulsion

Pistol Pestilence

Pistol Gambit

Target Cracker

Rank 1:

Quickdraw

This will give you around 26000-30000 Burst DPS while having better range then Brakk

Target Cracker can be switched for another element like the new Electric/Status mod, but i dont think you will need it as you will already get 50-70% proc chance.

Edited by Ttariel

Castanas.  Not only are they knife-grenades, but they stick to other players.

So you can give people fancy hats that explode.  You can cover a LEEROY JENKINS-style player with them and, when he jumps into a crowd of enemies, detonate them.  Fun times.

Please, don't mention the Brakk.

Twin Gremlins used to be pretty sick before I took a break from Warframe. Are they still viable, or are weapons along the lines of the Akmagnus / Akstiletto / Marelok / Akbronco Prime starting to overshadow it? For that matter, is the Akstiletto decent? It looks pretty sweet.

Depends on what you're looking for. Most accurate? Biggest DPS? Or overall best?

And my go to weapon the AkMagnus

I maxed the single one and i'm thinking of making the AK, is the recoil much worse in the dual version?

My main issue withy the Magnus is the sound tho', it's like i'm hammering a steel bucket.