The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0? Not The Top Priority

Wut unpredictable ? I use parkour all the time just fine and I can land anywhere I want, you just don't know how to use it(figures your playin with a controller...), and AC please thats not parkour thats holding a button and letting the game do everything for you.

Whoa easy there. I use a controller and do just fine with the parkour. In fact I find it to be superior for movement (maybe not for aiming but that's not what we are talking about). Don't blame the control method for someone not knowing how to use it properly

Edited by NevanChambers

Whoa easy there. I use a controller and do just fine with the parkour. In fact I find it to be superior for movement (maybe not for aiming but that's not what we are talking about). Don't blame the control method for someone not knowing how to use it properly

Shush, you may as well be a console peasant :|

Melee as it is now isnt useless. I know that it can be better. All I use is melee and throwing knives. I still think that movement should've come before melee. Its my opinion.

Oh yea, you have m2.0. You see a grineer soldier on a platform that takes a short hop to get too. No sweat. You run take a jump but you didnt see that rifle ammo you just hurdled. Because of said ammo you just fell into a otherwise over looked pit. Respawn. Hope its not a defence mission or an ally that need help. But hey you can do a combo, right? Come on whats the point.......

Melee as it is now isnt useless. I know that it can be better. All I use is melee and throwing knives. I still think that movement should've come before melee. Its my opinion.

Oh yea, you have m2.0. You see a grineer soldier on a platform that takes a short hop to get too. No sweat. You run take a jump but you didnt see that rifle ammo you just hurdled. Because of said ammo you just fell into a otherwise over looked pit. Respawn. Hope its not a defence mission or an ally that need help. But hey you can do a combo, right? Come on whats the point.......

In what universe does a tenno vault over a mere Rifle ammo?...I don't see my warframe vaulting over anything lower than knee-height obstructions. Melee right now isn't useless, yes, but it's terribly overshadowed by the safer choice of using primaries or secondaries. And few of them can actually deal manageable DPS or Burst (both ends of the spectrum, fang and galatine maybe or sth) considering that you need to be up-close and personal to the target.

Some "finishers" do not even finish anything and just leave you open to enemy fire for a few shots, and stealth attacks actually have to scale off your mods (meaning if your weapon is weak enough, you aren't killing that grineer with a neck-snap for some strange reason.)

I can play Melee 1.0, I can dabble in it, but Melee 2.0 does sound an exciting prospect to me as there's a chance I can be flashier than doing a mere slide > (charge * ∞) on my Skana Prime.

Granted movement things in Warframe can be a bit tricky, but you can master and fully control it as well. Using even the smallest of containers as a "springboard" for a wall jump to propel yourself to ungodly distances. The only harder part to control (for me anyway) is Zorencoptering with different weapons as they tend to have different propel times/distances/activation time.

And for the record my skills aren't up for debate because if they were then I could say none of you melee2.0 beggars know how to use melee right.

as is in higher end content, melee is absolutely pointless and a useless risk for style points. With the exceptions of Rhino Iron skin and Trinity invulnerability, there are usually no methods of closing the gap and hitting the enemy for any duration that doesn't result in your untimely death.

Even the light units punish you for trying to be so brave to hit them with your sword. 

I guess its viable if you never leave jupiter, but, honestly early game stuff as a whole is easy.

movement ? parkour?

you all love coptering

why add movement and parkour. since you all love copter rushing stuff

Rushing and coptering isn't the problem. They are signs of the problem.

DE seems to think awesome space ninja = hilariously slow waddle gunfights.

And if you do anything outside of that, people who can't keep up scream "RUSHER"

Current melee can be much more efficient than any gun out there.

Problem is, melee lacks damage output compared to guns, that's why it's only better than guns untill like lvl 25.

Most people disregard melee early on thinking it's useless, but some of us who're more into melee combat discover its true potentials. è_é

Can we all just agree that anyone who's against Melee 2.0 is just wrong? 

Yeah, parkour and movement in general requires a look at, but DE are already eyeballs-deep into Melee 2.0. You honestly think they should drop it to start work on an entirely separate system? 

You said it yourself, OP, you're not a computer genius, and you can't do a better job at design. But common sense says that you don't stop working on a project you're 99% done with to start work on something completely different.

Movement works. It's not broken, it's not entirely flawed. Can it be improved? Very much yes. But the melee system for the sake of viability in the long-run needed to be redone. It needed to be as much a part of the gameplay as gunplay is. 

I actually don't see how they will manage to make Melee viable even under Melee 2.0. From what I've seen, a lot of Melee 2.0 is combos, and there's absolutely no point in that with the terrible scaling in this game. There's simply too much numbers in this game. For meleeing to be viable at higher levels, it will pretty much have to be so strong in low levels that combos are entirely unneccesary, and yet it will still be useless in low levels because enemies die so fast that there's simply no way that running up to attack them will be more efficient. Scaling 2.0 and Endgame are the highest priorities right now.

Melee 2.0 would work if:

-the game was less numbers-based. I've played a few hack-and-slash games, and the concept definitely works, and Warframe could definitely incorporate elements of those games in it. However, there's simply no satisfaction or sense of consistency if an attack that would normally take 3 hits to kill an enemy, suddenly takes 20 hits to kill a visually identical enemy simply because the second enemy is higher level and arbitrarily just refuses to die for longer. For sake of varying difficulty, some variation of health would be viable.

-if guns/powers in this game didn't obliterate enemies instantly and actually had a disadvantage over melee weapons. Why would I take the time to run up to a bunch of enemies and cut them down individually when there's the Ogris and Nova? Alternatively, if some of the combo attacks had a significant AoE effect, that could work too, but the damage of guns would still need to be toned down to make it worthwhile.

The roll is meant to convey momentum. Yeah I agree it's annoying but in a way it's kind of realistic, since you're continuously moving forward after the jump.

There are a few ways to stop this from happening, however. Best and easiest way is to simply not hold W (or Forward) while landing. So you're running forward, you jump, and as soon as you're about to land, release W. You'll land without rolling.

Why not simply delete rolling

Edited by zerossu

The reason there is so much hype for melee 2.0 is because it will make melee viable, so that getting close and personal with the enemies will actually be worth it, and will give us a reason to use our melee weapons again that we leave sheathed for most of the game.

Also a movement overhaul will come eventually (Probably next if I were to guess)

On a side note I still cannot read AC without thinking of Armoured core before Assassins Creed.

I think Armor Class personally and HIGHER ARMOR CLASS MAKES IT HARD TO PARKOUR IN!

ok the only place you will really use parkour is in the conclaves and we should all have experienced an attempt to escape an ogris rocket only to be nailed by the blast even with a high movement skill (tail wind, any move that goes fast...). there really isn't any real call for movement 2.0 unless you want to show off in conclave; yea wall climbing pebbles and wrong way wall running can be annoying at times but hey we learn to avoid it or at least try to as something's are unavoidable. melee 2.0 its purpose....I have no clue how its going to affect my play style stealth for normal Pve and all out hurricane (insert zephyr joke) in PvP no not with an ogris. I use melee heavily on conclave (as most weapons are op here and before you think it I use the pangolin sword (this should be bolded), kogake (cant wait to see how the ankiros prime will handle for me), and scoliac as hearing the crack is soothing). melee 2.0 is generally making melee more prominate in your decision to get close learn your enemy, become his best friend and take him out OR do things like always and make Swiss out of any thing that moves, twitches, or generally ticks you off.

1)- when melee 2.0 comes you'll use melee more than you ever did, ever. I Guarantee it.

2)- movement 2.0 was teased ages ago, and they said that it's something for the future, since it takes a ton of time and there are many things to work on before that.

Although movement system needs work, it currently is not "unpredictable and not controllable". It's pretty easy to use.

If this is a common opinion about the movement system, no wonder people think melee currently sucks.

I guess I'm just too practical a player to even care about Melee 2.0 because for me it's more efficient for me to kill more enemies from afar with either my Soma or Boltor Prime. I guess if we all had invisibility like Loki that last 25 seconds it might be fun to sneak up on someone and kill them with your big sword or whatever. It just seems stupid to me to close with a enemy when you can kill him from long distance. This is even more so with the infested almost gone other than maybe moving there is no reason to even draw your melee weapon.