Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0: Shiny, But Useless Toy.

letir

Step 1: Watch devstreams.

Step 2: Listen to what devs are saying and how they explain that melee2.0 will be completely viable option for endgame, crowd control, and potent alternative to gunplay.

Step 3: Avoid flame-thread

Step 4: ?????

Step 5: Profit!

I don't agree with you. The new melee system will require skill to use. If you don't like that don't use it. If you don't want more skill in the game then play something else? Nobody is forcing you to use the new melee system. Thanks but us vets will love it. I love melee and to have it like DMC is a dream come true! Please don't try and ruin our fun. E will always be there for you to use a quick attack without ever needing to switch to melee weapons. So I don't see how this will even effect you. You just have to deal with change and you can by not even using the changes to begin with.

Edited by Pirate_Shark

The thing that &!$$es me off is that people don't play games for fun these days. Shooting things might still be more effective when melee 2.0 comes out but to me it just feels too repetitive. Also If you're saying melee is weak than you're probably not modding properly. I can do 2k dmg against lvl 30 grineer with a normal attack crit using a dual cleavers crit build and 7k dmg if i use invisibility.

Edited by s8kshUn8

The thing that &!$$es me off is that people don't play games for fun these days. Shooting things might still be more effective when melee 2.0 comes out but to me it just feels too repetitive. Also If you're saying melee is weak than you're probably not modding properly. I can do 2k dmg against lvl 30 grineer with a normal attack crit using a dual cleavers crit build and 7k dmg if i use invisibility.

My Penta deal 7k AOE damage without any problem.

Try to melee at high levels (40-50), without "save my &#! from anythnig" skills like Iron Skin, inviz, Blessing and others.

After that try to do same thing with Soma, and feel the difference.

My Penta deal 7k AOE damage without any problem.

Try to melee at high levels (40-50), without "save my &#! from anythnig" skills like Iron Skin, inviz, Blessing and others.

After that try to do same thing with Soma, and feel the difference.

I wasn't comparing dmg with guns dumbass, I was saying that melee isn't weak when modded properly. I use invis while shooting too but I've done that enough already, what's the difference? Obviously weaker but it feels more fun to me but i'm the type of person who likes melee better than guns.

This is a major reason why the release of 2.0 was pushed back. DE acknowledged that Melee 2.0 was going to have to put a lot on the table and all at once. The ripple effect may not fade for months, much like the implementation of damage 2.0.

Hypothetically, I guess you could say they have their Skana's between their legs right now, instead of on their backs. They know its in an odd place, but they're leaving it there so they know its an issue that needs to be resolved - Sooner, rather than later. But that doesn't mean pull the thing out from underneith them and gutting themselves in the process.

(PerhapsItookthatabittoofar)

*cough* The melee system is subpar compared to the alternatives, and I don't think that, even with M2.0, it's going to be adjusted. I'd be a cold day on the sun before we ever get something fixed the first time we make means to address it. In one case, we want melee to be as viable as everything else but at the same time we don't want it so good that it replaces the others in the process as far as risk and reward is concerned. If I could kill any enemy simply but slicing them in the chest with a sword, there's a huge issue with balance. However, if I have to risk QTEs to do that kind of damage, it could balance out.

The melee system is subpar, but it works. I really don't want a situation where the melee system ends up balanced, but broken. The wait for M2.0 is worth it in that regard, and I would not complain if it gets pushed to U13.

1) You have damage resist (and CC immune). Your main target is paralyzed, but can hit your back, if you failed too hard.

2) Bullets and other "small things" parrying automaticly when you have melee in hands. Big dangers (such as strong projectiles/melee strikes) must be blocked.

Why not simply let them do it the way they are? Parry>stagger enemy>attack for special animation + big damage? Why does it need to be more complex than this?

Also to the guy who said to compare Melee to soma: You have a point, right now when Melee 2.0 is not released. Considering that's exactly the kind of thing m2 is supposed to be addressing your point is invalid until after its been released and tested. I'm just saying your talking from a frame of reference that will no longer exist you may still have a valid point we just don't know yet.

Edited by NevanChambers

Why not simply let them do it the way they are? Parry>stagger enemy>attack for special animation + big damage? Why does it need to be more complex than this?

1) It's can be hard to combine "stagger enemy" and "just attack" without special animation.

2) You can take knockdown attack in process and just go down.

Besides, it's just look silly against badass enemies (like G3).

Also melee is still viable, in fact I go all melee in survival and it suit me fine. 

Please make a video where you "all melee" lvl70+ grineer/corpus. And don't forget to show your warframe/weapons/sentinel builds after that.

There is only one use for melee now - quick movement. Well... you can kill few low-lvl mobs with it too. But that's it.

Please, no bloody QTE's. If they put QTE's in Warframe I'm out.

Same thing. I'll quit Warframe if I see any QTE or something similar. 

I agree with the most of the "Main problems" mentioned by letir, but I strongly disagree with most of his "What need to be done for REAL Melee 2.0". Melee should be a "support" weapon for most of the part, it needs improvements so you could actualy use it as support weapon - to kill a few enemies that got realy close. And there must be one more use of melee - for perverts of all kinds, who likes to kill everything in melee, when they will be able choose melee for most of the targets and will be able to use it somehow (stealth gameplay?), but melee shouldn't be better than guns in any case, except REALY close ranged enemies. 

And let's see what Melee 2.0 will be.

Whole point of Damage 2.0: kill rainbow builds.

I still got 4 different elements in my gun, just change order.

Corrosive + Fire would work for most enemies. Or Viral + Fire/Radiation. (With good status chance.)

In most cases you only have problem with killing heavily armored units. Corrosive will reduce their armor and viral could reduce their HP. And there aren't many mobs that have any resistance to fire or corrosive.

1) It's can be hard to combine "stagger enemy" and "just attack" without special animation.

2) You can take knockdown attack in process and just go down.

Besides, it's just look silly against badass enemies (like G3).

1 It does have an additional special animation but they are quick, you can use Valkyr to see several of them now (longsword, dual swords, fist iirc).

2 I don't know that it won't, however you don't know that it will. You simply assume DE won't be aware of the problem, while I assume they will. Neither of us has any claim to being right based on anything factual.

I'll admit that I do have high hopes for Melee 2.0 but me saying that its going to be the best thing ever is as premature and incorrect as all of these gloom and doom posts. It is silly to pass judgement and I stand by my assertation that the common frame of reference for Melee that we have now is not a valid point for judgement. If the devs are to be believed, and there is no reason not to, the update includes passes at AI, enemy types, as well as base functions of stagger when using Melee, and how blocking works. There is no way to tell good or bad how these things will interact. To suggest otherwise is absurd.

There's room for skepticism but I do not want to play the game this armchair developer proposes, at least not as warframe.

TLDR: judging Melee 2.0 by the standards of Melee 1.0 is the product of a mind that doesn't know or refuses to aknowledge what is happening.

I'll admit that I do have high hopes for Melee 2.0 but me saying that its going to be the best thing ever is as premature and incorrect as all of these gloom and doom posts. It is silly to pass judgement and I stand by my assertation that the common frame of reference for Melee that we have now is not a valid point for judgement. If the devs are to be believed, and there is no reason not to, the update includes passes at AI, enemy types, as well as base functions of stagger when using Melee, and how blocking works. There is no way to tell good or bad how these things will interact. To suggest otherwise is absurd.

There's room for skepticism but I do not want to play the game this armchair developer proposes, at least not as warframe.

TLDR: judging Melee 2.0 by the standards of Melee 1.0 is the product of a mind that doesn't know or refuses to aknowledge what is happening.

There IS some reasons for this - such as CC problems. DE can even tell: "We know about RNG problems" - and what?

No  , because of this all of your argument / complaint is bogus

No one has even tried the system and you're already complaining. 

Of course it won't be perfect , that's why we're going to do our job( and by job I mean have fun bashing grineer heads ) and beta test it!

Yep...it's true...

I do melee fine either...

Yep...it's true...

I do melee fine either...

Please make a video where you "all melee" lvl70+ grineer/corpus. And don't forget to show your warframe/weapons/sentinel builds after that.

There is only one use for melee now - quick movement. Well... you can kill few low-lvl mobs with it too. But that's it.

Excalibu r + Super jump : Jump attack + combo multiplier from slash dash

Mag :  Pull eneimes to close range and finish them off all in a row with fast combo

Ash , loki ;  invisibility dmg bonus + combo multiplier  : a lot of insta kills 

Valkyr  hysteria  : invulnerable to knocdown  = combo the sh*t out of enemies with high damage

Stop being so negative and be creative 

28hk7bl.gif