The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0: Shiny, But Useless Toy.

letir

Just one bit I'd disagree with. I've jumped, both with and without wall running help, over a heavy before they ground slam. Sometimes even taking them down with a jump kick, making melee even easier. ^^

You can take them down with jump-kick, but knockdown still hit you.

You can take them down with jump-kick, but knockdown still hit you.

Which will bring mods such as Handspring, etc that allow you to resist knockdown or to get up faster into relevance. Just because you are going to get knocked down doesnt mean DE hasnt already thought of something.

That aside. It isnt out yet and we know as little as it is possible to know about it, calm the hell down and wait for it to release before you have a rant about how terrible its going to be unless they listen to you. Tell them that once you have played it, evaluated its flaws and then give them a solution. It doesnt even have to be the right solution (such as your plan (sorry but true)) but as long as we (as a community) continue to offer them then we will help to improve the game as a whole via a group concensus/average or whatnot.

tl;dr dude stop. play then complain.

All of this meant in the nicest way, -Cats

I have to agree with the main point of the OP, if you think in a practical way wielding a sword and closing with a enemy when that enemy and maybe more, depending what weapon your using, Soma, Boltor Prime, Penta etc, can be killed from a distance with much less risk. IMHO I think the original idea of simply being able to have a tertiary weapon instead of having to always hit "E" was a much better idea for the type of game this currently is. For those who say, "but we are suppose to be space ninjas" sorry guys but that ship sailed when they introduced guns into this game. If that's what they wanted then Melee 2.0 should have been installed in the game from the beginning and lessened the use of projectile weapons. I'm sure Melee 2.0 may be fun and all for those who like that sort of thing, but I think all that time could have been better used expanding the lore and making sure the missions and everything else in the game tied into that lore.

I tried to take this seriously until I read;

Parry sequince have timing and QTE - very difficult and challenging.

Milton Bradley couldn't make this kind of repetitious, memory crap compelling in '78 and nothing's changed since then. QTE's are not, nor have ever been, a high bar standard for judging skill or challenge. They are a cop-out for game designers who couldn't think of a way to make a particular interaction "engaging." While you're at it... Let's steal those controller twists, jiggles and shakes from Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls... If you think QTE's are "difficult and challenging" then you must be absolutely blown away by that drivel.

I have some game experience from other slahers/shooters/hybrids.

Who brought the medal?

No really, alot of what you are claiming needs to be done, is already in the game, although it needs work, and it has been said on several occasions that Blocking is being changed with melee 2.0.

Also, the point of reworking melee, is not to force people into using melee weapons, but rather give those who enjoy it a good alternative to guns.

To me, melee, is by far the most entertaining way to deal with enemies, its just that it doesnt work with certain weapons, and certainly not on higher levels, and thats what i hope they are adressing with this rework.

They are also introducing new enemy types, who knows what it's gonna be?

Dude, I rather shoot. It is like you trying to melee a bear.

And also QTE ?

GOD QTES ARE OVER DONE. PERIOD.

Melee a bear? I actually have plans to do that in my 80s-90s using a combat knife... better than dying in an old folks home...

QTE would make me cry, and then... I will throw everyone who suggested QTE in this game into another game called... "Ride to Hell Retribution" Have fun in video game hell...

Melee a bear? I actually have plans to do that in my 80s-90s using a combat knife... better than dying in an old folks home...

QTE would make me cry, and then... I will throw everyone who suggested QTE in this game into another game called... "Ride to Hell Retribution" Have fun in video game hell...

Expect it's not game: it's congealed failure.

Lol I rather slice things up in style than point and shoot.

Once Melee 2.0 comes out, everyone will be meleeing.

Parrying bullets at the target while I sprint up to them to do a sword combo that hits multiple times and multiple targets? Well don't mind if I do, shooting was getting boring anyway.

1) Absolute block and parry system.

Not DMC, but Jedy Knight and Metal Gear Rising battle type.

Tenno can block EVERYTHING with blade - bullet, rocket, death ray, and even return it to the sender. They have deadly counterattacks, able to destroy a tank in one hit.

Parry sequince have timing and QTE - very difficult and challenging. Every enemy have his own QTE (gunners have simple and obvious, melee fighters have difficult), and it's length/speed imroved with level.

Parry sequince have timing and QTE - very difficult and challenging. Every enemy have his own QTE (gunners have simple and obvious, melee fighters have difficult), and it's length/speed imroved with level.

Parry sequince have timing and QTE

Parry sequince

...not all damned game.

1) No really, alot of what you are claiming needs to be done, is already in the game, although it needs work, and it has been said on several occasions that Blocking is being changed with melee 2.0.

2) Also, the point of reworking melee, is not to force people into using melee weapons, but rather give those who enjoy it a good alternative to guns.

3) To me, melee, is by far the most entertaining way to deal with enemies, its just that it doesnt work with certain weapons, and certainly not on higher levels, and thats what i hope they are adressing with this rework.

1) It's already in game, but still suck.

CC defence? Bunch of band-aid mods, you can't rely on them. Better just bring Rino/Ash/Loki.

HP balance? Charger 25 lvl deals ~200 damage per strike, dammit.

Any power/range balance? Nope, just shoot them all.

2) You have Dakra Prime, enjoy it. Soooo cool, soooo useless in real combat.

3) "and certainly not on higher levels, and thats what i hope they are adressing with this rework." - that's the point.

I actually like the idea of limiting the amount of communication by 3 clips. It really makes the whole game feel realistic and raise the issue of conserving ammo. Currently everyone just go Rambo on enemies with no worries of loosing ammo.

I actually like the idea of limiting the amount of communication by 3 clips. It really makes the whole game feel realistic and raise the issue of conserving ammo. Currently everyone just go Rambo on enemies with no worries of loosing ammo.

?

@OP 

Really? What's wrong with 540 rockets Ogris? ishhh

/s

melee 2.0 is a huge undertaking, and the entire point of it is to make melee viable at higher levels, so the damage is comparable to gunfire. you seem misinformed, OP. I suggest waiting until warframe/melee 2.0 comes out. no real point speculating (complaining) about it when some of the things you mentioned are likely going to be included

and the two random points you made at the end about ammo clips and global ability cooldowns have been discussed before, and they're both bad ideas. granted, launcher weapons need an ammo rework (why not draw from the sniper ammo pool? that would be a simple enough fix), but other than that, the rest are fine. energy is the limiting factor to most abilities, and if you add in another layer that you must build up (you pointed to rage as an option), it would just be unnecessary. the issue is that we can cast the ults for 25 energy. fleeting expertise is OP as anything

energy is the limiting factor to most abilities, and if you add in another layer that you must build up (you pointed to rage as an option), it would just be unnecessary. the issue is that we can cast the ults for 25 energy. fleeting expertise is OP as anything

Look at Dark Sector.

You have bunch of cool abilities (energy shield, inviz etc), and don't have any energy limits. You don't need Energy Syphon, or energy orbs. So, it's OP? No, bcs all abilities have cooldown. You must think "when" and "how" use them.

Powerful tool, not "press4win".

i love how all the white knights thing it will be perfect and equal to guns bicous the devs will make it 100% viable i bet my steam acc on it that it wont will be as viable as a penta.......

and after 1 month of release only a handfull people will use it while everyone else gone back to the Instant aoe killing from safe distance with OP guns playstyle......

Edited by Zoliru

...not all damned game.

Either you don't understand what a quick-time event is or you seriously aren't capable of understanding that such a game mechanic will absolutely destroy the flow of gameplay when it comes to Warframe.

1. How are you going to sync up the slowed time effect necessary for QTEs in a multiplayer game? Hint: It doesn't work.

2. Which keys are you going to use for the QTE? A/B/X/Y or Circle/Square/X/Triangle? Hint: Most people play with mouse and keyboard.

3. One of the biggest concerns about melee 2.0 is how long the combos will take to execute. Let's make them even slower with the inclusion of QTEs. Brilliant.

4. Host-Client lag would definitely cause many people to continuously fail even remotely difficult QTEs, thereby invalidating the whole risk-reward factor you're bringing up. Quick-time events are a bad idea. We don't need anything more than timed blocking/ counterattacks when it comes to skill-based inputs.

i love how all the white knights thing it will be perfect and equal to guns bicous the devs will make it 100% viable i bet my steam acc on it that it wont will be as viable as a penta.......

and after 1 month of release only a handfull people will use it while everyone else gone back to the Instant aoe killing from safe distance with OP guns playstyle......

I love how you're perfectly content to plaster people with your own assumptions about which assumptions they are making. I, for one, am looking forward to Melee 2.0 as something that will make melee even more entertaining to use than it is now. I don't give a rat's &#! about whether a gun can out-DPS my sword or not. As long as my sword still gets the job done, and is more fun to use, I'm using the sword. Simply shooting brainless enemies with a gun gets pretty dull after a while. We need something to mix things up. Melee 2.0 will do that.

As was mentioned earlier, what is it with people not playing games for fun anymore? The Rule of Cool is all that's needed.

Either you don't understand what a quick-time event is or you seriously aren't capable of understanding that such a game mechanic will absolutely destroy the flow of gameplay when it comes to Warframe.

1. How are you going to sync up the slowed time effect necessary for QTEs in a multiplayer game? Hint: It doesn't work.

2. Which keys are you going to use for the QTE? A/B/X/Y or Circle/Square/X/Triangle? Hint: Most people play with mouse and keyboard.

3. One of the biggest concerns about melee 2.0 is how long the combos will take to execute. Let's make them even slower with the inclusion of QTEs. Brilliant.

4. Host-Client lag would definitely cause many people to continuously fail even remotely difficult QTEs, thereby invalidating the whole risk-reward factor you're bringing up. Quick-time events are a bad idea. We don't need anything more than timed blocking/ counterattacks when it comes to skill-based inputs.

I love how you're perfectly content to plaster people with your own assumptions about which assumptions they are making. I, for one, am looking forward to Melee 2.0 as something that will make melee even more entertaining to use than it is now. I don't give a rat's &#! about whether a gun can out-DPS my sword or not. As long as my sword still gets the job done, and is more fun to use, I'm using the sword. Simply shooting brainless enemies with a gun gets pretty dull after a while. We need something to mix things up. Melee 2.0 will do that.

As was mentioned earlier, what is it with people not playing games for fun anymore? The Rule of Cool is all that's needed.

fun ? what fun ?

melee fun ??

what ?

most of the time i try to kill something in melee someone blow everyone up befor i get to the target..........

yeah allot of fun to be useless realy........

btw once its released it will turn into fact lol..........

Edited by Zoliru

ill just be realistic here and say, let melee be fun and more powerfull, let all the vets and the skilled players out there melee their way through the waves of npcs... but dont think for a second that you will outperform any good player packing a soma or any other decent ranged weapon in the game... im not stupid to the point of believing that because melee is getting reworked someone will instantly be able to melee their way past wave 100 in endless defence, you would be nuts to even consider that method of play will ever be viable...

will melee be more fun, yes it willl, will it provide a better experience than what we have right now, i definetly believe so... will a skilled player with a good sword outperform a skilled player with a good gun ... never. Accept the fact that while youll be hacking at 1 or 2 mobs next to you, the guy with the gun without moving from his spot just cleared the whole room.

you know what will happen when melee 2.0 hits the game, i will have to rez two or three times more the ammount of noobs i have to rez atm, because they charge with sword in hand at a bombard...

Edited by warthain

fun ? what fun ?

melee fun ??

what ?

most of the time i try to kill something in melee someone blow everyone up befor i get to the target..........

yeah allot of fun to be useless realy........

btw once its released it will turn into fact lol..........

Because everyone plays nothing but public matches with people who have zero consideration for other players, and nobody spends most of their time playing with closer friends who know how to have a good time together. Oh, wait...

It's really simple. You don't like it? That's fine. To each their own. That doesn't mean it's a waste of time, however, especially when it stands a very good chance of contributing quite a bit of entertaining gameplay for a good number of people.

Newsflash: You are not composed of enough mass for the galaxy to revolve around you. I think. Maybe.