Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Chance

egregiousRac

HOW IT IS:

Status Chance is a BS stat. It has been a BS stat. Why is it just as broken as it was when it was first released? Want some numbers? I have some (small data pool) numbers:

Tysis with only Jolt and Pistol Pestilence equipped: 6/30 shots are procs. 110% turned out to be more like 20%.

HOW IT SHOULD BE (IN MY HUMBLE OPINION):

1) Take status chance and divide it by the total damage of the weapon. This is your chance per point of damage.

2) Multiply that value by the magnitude of each damage type to determine the proc chance of each damage type.

3) Actually use these values to determine the chance of procs.

Examples:

1) Tysis with Jolt and Pistol Pestilence - 100% chance of one corrosive proc and 10% chance of a second one.

2) Tysis with Jolt, Pistol Pestilence, and Heated Charge - 78% chance of a corrosive proc and 32% chance of a fire proc.

See? Simple, understandable math that gives the player the number of procs they expect to see when they are told they are going to get a certain amount. This makes far more sense than the current voodoo that is going on.

As a side note, having over 100% Status Chance messes up the status chance shown in the arsenal when multishot is included. 110% becomes 99%, 115% becomes 98.5%, and so on.

Edited by egregiousRac

the tysis is bugged, its supposed to be 100% elemental dmg but others have noticed that phantom Impact/Puncture/Shred procs are overwriting the elemental procs causing the elemental procs to often not occur.

"normal" weapons suffer the same issue, there can only be 1 proc and physical dmg can just overrule the elemental ones, so instead of getting that corrosive proc you wanted a slash proc may in fact be the thing u end up with.

its a pretty limp system atm.

Edited by Methanoid

On the other hand, marelok 96% status chance barely procs

just did a test, 16 procs in 100 hits.

Akmagnus 92.3% chance 

procced 89 times out of 100 hits.

Repeated a test for marelok while running solo 

95 procs in 100 hits.

Status chance is affected by whether you host or not...

Edited by Davoodoo

On the other hand, marelok 96% status chance barely procs

just did a test, 16 procs in 100 hits.

Akmagnus 92.3% chance 

procced 89 times out of 100 hits.

Repeated a test for marelok while running solo 

95 procs in 100 hits.

Status chance is affected by whether you host or not...

sigh... same crap as happens with crits

If you're a client, crits don't occur IF the shot already killed the target with normal damage.

The game only checks for crits if the target is still alive.

Source: DE person mentioned this. searching for the post.

I suspect that the same is happening with status.

Try this: as a client joining a game, remove all of your damage mods and just use your status mods so that you aren't one shotting things outright and see if this changes things.

Edited by Pythadragon

If you're a client, crits don't occur IF the shot already killed the target with normal damage.

Try this: as a client joining a game, remove all of your damage mods and just use your status mods so that you aren't one shotting things outright and see if this changes things.

Then i shouldnt get any procs on 1st test cause ive oneshotted everything i pointed at.

Did few test, procs appear more often, not sure if its around 96% listed and tbh i dont want to even check this anymore.

Still funny thing is that despite oneshotting everything my tysis with 100% procced all the time.

Edited by Davoodoo

Found the post I was looking for. Perhaps the same thing is happening with status chance.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/170847-crits-wont-happen-if-you-are-not-hosting-12-min-vid-to-prove-it/?p=2026593

As client, if non-crit damage kills an enemy then it won't roll for crit. Any time the crit damage would have mattered, it functions as normal.

Your high crit sniper rifle isn't critting very often? Congratulations! Your sniper rifle is so radical that it is killing guys in 1 shot without the help of crit.

PS. If this is the case with status as well, a 100% status chance weapon (tysis) might override this behavior and force the game to proc anyways, even if the enemy would have already been dead.

Edited by Pythadragon