Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scoliacoptering, Zorencoptering, Coptering...

CapnFusterCluck

Logically, the void corpus double helmets are a much lesser potential for exploitation than coptering.  Not a good example imo.

I don't really see something that lets slower frames actually keep up with faster frames (and thus actually contribute to the mission instead of lagging behind and getting 0 kills) as an exploit, in all honesty.

I mean yeah it's clearly not intended, but this is a case where the 'bug' is actually a pretty neat skill based feature that should stay, IMO.

I don't really see something that lets slower frames actually keep up with faster frames (and thus actually contribute to the mission instead of lagging behind and getting 0 kills) as an exploit, in all honesty.

I mean yeah it's clearly not intended, but this is a case where the 'bug' is actually a pretty neat skill based feature that should stay, IMO.

But I feel it makes Rush sort of obsolete. What's the point of having a max Rush (that costs 11 mod points) when you can have a Zoren with max Fury on it? That's the thing I feel sometimes. 

But I feel it makes Rush sort of obsolete. What's the point of having a max Rush (that costs 11 mod points) when you can have a Zoren with max Fury on it? That's the thing I feel sometimes.

Well, Rush is a lot more convenient than Zorencopters. I mean, Zorencopters are kind of only good as copters. If I want a Galatine, say, no coptering for me.

I just kick them to knock them over.

Pretty hilarious when they go to ground pound you just ninja kick them in the face.

I lol every time.

Knocking heavies over doesn't stop them from hitting the ground, neither does Rhino Stomp or Bastille.

Eh, coptering is a good example of a bug that provides more entertainment than it saps. Just like void corpus helmets having another box under the box.

Like rocket jumping in Quake or skiing in Tribes. Coptering makes us *fast*. Fast is fun. Being able to get around very quickly is a very important factor in Warframe not being yet another boring third-person shooter infested with chest-high walls.

Well, Rush is a lot more convenient than Zorencopters. I mean, Zorencopters are kind of only good as copters. If I want a Galatine, say, no coptering for me.

But then comes the argument "Melee is useless, use guns instead guyz" (I've heard this argument plenty before when talking to clannies and region players). I know its stupid, but they... I don't know. LOL.

I guess we'll see when Melee 2.0 comes out though. 

Edited by ikillyou8196

Thing is, these weapons aren't really used in-game for melee. They only have one use, and I feel that less appealing. A weapon needs to be viable in every sort of aspect. But, I feel that a weapon that is purely used for accelerated-rushing should be removed or reworked. 

I use Scoliac extensively, by the way. I think it needs a buff. 

Actually for the mobility, you lose damage.  A trade off - which is balanced.  Noboby runs around with zorens calling galatines OP cause it does damage.  Oh wait... I hear something, is that the sound of crying?

Also, a rhino can run up to something like 45mph for a short time.  There's this thing called stamina in the game.  Rhino isn't supposed to be slow.

Actually for the mobility, you lose damage.  A trade off - which is balanced.  Noboby runs around with zorens calling galatines OP cause it does damage.  Oh wait... I hear something, is that the sound of crying?

Also, a rhino can run up to something like 45mph for a short time.  There's this thing called stamina in the game.  Rhino isn't supposed to be slow.

But you can carry around a Penta, Phage or Synapse to compensate. 

Rhino is faster than Ash now. Wot m8

But you can carry around a Penta, Phage or Synapse to compensate. 

Rhino is faster than Ash now. Wot m8

Hope you realize you are comparing a melee weapon to primaries.  Last time I checked, people who fight with knifes and swords lost to people with guns.

Ash can also use zoren.  Why doesnt he?  Oh that's right, he would rather turn invisible and kill things with a galatine.  Personally I am soooooo very jelly and it needs to be nerfed.

Edited by aa3123

The zoren should be completely removed as a melee weapon.....

...and instead be transformed into a cybernetic enhancement that can be installed to replace your Tenno's legs for more efficient coptering.

Do not remove the copter,

become the copter.

I'm okay with the removal of coptering if our frames get compensated with some speed boost. I'm okay with no speed boost compensation as well.

If they remove coptering though... Well the WF endgame expansion will be glorious. But we all know DE wouldn't dare :)

It is okay with me if they patch out Coptering, so long as they add a Mod that makes it possible again. Of all solutions that one seems best in my opinion.

It has been a long time belief of mine that the people who considering Coptering some horrible exploit are being way more melodramatic then they need to be. The existence of Coptering has never once actually been legitimately harmful to the game.

I'm on the same page.  Maglev is screaming for a rework. ;)

Every frame doesn't move at the same speed.

I hope they come up with a reasonable solution to that when they do remove it.

I rely on it on my Frost as he gets no speed mods and has no room in any build for Rush or Maglev. If I don't copter I'd never keep up with other players in missions.

I'm pretty sure it's an unintended effect that, DE didn't mind having around. Melee 2.0 may rework things and make it not possible.

Doesn't effect me if it was removed, I don't exploit it. I would prefer if it was gone from the game though.

An easy solution is to remove coptering and simply add a melee weapon into the game which cannot be used as a weapon. It's simply a piece of equipment which allows excellerated bursts of speed at the expense of stamina.

Call it a jet pack, give it a cool graphic and make it ridonkulously difficult to obtain (as well as plat expensive for those with money) and everyone wins.

Grinders got their new goal. Money dumpers got their fix. DE gets some cash. It's not like people are actually using the weapons they equip in order to copter anyway. Put a movement hardcap value in game so you don't have Loki's or Rhino Primes insta-teleporting to the end of the map and call it a day.

Problem solved.

I don't really see something that lets slower frames actually keep up with faster frames (and thus actually contribute to the mission instead of lagging behind and getting 0 kills) as an exploit, in all honesty.I mean yeah it's clearly not intended, but this is a case where the 'bug' is actually a pretty neat skill based feature that should stay, IMO.

Really defeats the purpose of "faster" and "slower" then, doesn't it?