Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dome Of Civilizations. Library, Arena And Hall.

Revel72

• 2 weeks later...

Filitous stood her ground, putting the now fully reinforced arm infront of her, claws at max length. Meanwhile the Warframe by now was all but gone, replaced by a perfect white, metal chassis covered by same coloured, growing armour plating. The other arm continued to lengthen, thin, the edges sharpening.

Thalia came back out of the Liset as Urza raised an eyebrow,

"Rawr." Urza chuckled, flipping back as Thalia began charging Urza's makeshift Opticor. "Over hereeeee" she taunted.

Thalia dropped it as it overcharged, Urza's modifications ready to go nuclear as Thalia tossed the gun into the ship, ordering the ship to jet out of the hangar, which it did, mimicking a star as it collapsed into nuclear fusion aboard the vessel.

"Sorry!" Thalia called,

"A darned shame." Urza pouted, a final nanite clicking into place on her own Opticor, ready to fire upon Fili.

Urza raised an eyebrow,

"Your funeral," she chuckled, stepping back and releasing the trigger on the gun, letting loose a roaring torrent of light, far stronger than that of a normal Opticor, nearly knocking Urza over, despite her stabilized stance.

Thalia's nanites held together pretty well, defending against the swarm, however, Thalia herself had given into her emotions too much, and panicked, running around and swatting uselessly at the swarm.

Filitous waited, dodging to the side ay the last moment. The blast took out a little chink of her sode, causing her to spin. She quickly stabilised, however, goig back into a defensive stance as nanites immediately began repairs.

The swarm around Thalia shifted and changed, reformed into constructs much more suited to extracting and containing whole specimens of her nanites.

"Thalia quit playing around and get over here, the lil' swarm will fall apart if we take her out first!" Urza called, dropping the spent Opticor and rushing forward,

"These things get everywhere! And having them rip chunks off you is not fun!" Thalia yelled back, resupplying a part of her shoulder that got ripped off with nanites from the dome, heading over to help Urza, but walking as if pushing against a heavy wind, still very afraid, but Urza's shouting somehow seemed to calm her, as if all was right in the world while Urza seemed angry.

Filitous rushed forward to meet Urza, the blade used for attack, the armoured claw as defense. Apart from the chunk, the transformation had been completed. Large metal plates, the same white, covered her body for additional defense. Her head was now a smooth white, two vertical rows of five glowing, blue "eyes" all it featured.

A large portion of Thalia's nanites were destroyed when captured by the swarm the majority of the cloud continuing attack whilst some broke off, returning to and absorbed by Filitous, Thalia's own nanites, disabled and contained, included.

Scanning...

Thalia continued to struggle towards Urza's side, surprised by a voice,

"Hello Thalia, might I suggest allowing me to target ad destroy the swarm? It is causing quite a bit of damage." Thalia was asked, and affirmed, not quite sure what she'd just said yes to. She felt her eyes move, and then spines began erupting from her skin, meant to stab through the nanites with pinpoint accuracy, though a miss was common.

"What the hell?" Thalia asked, and the AI within her 'looked' at her,

"Nano, at your service." He introduced, going back to his battle against the swarm, releasing a smaller swarm to counter attack it.

Urza didn't heed the blade, letting it pass right through her if it were to hit, allowing limbs to be severed, only to have them evaporate and reform, she herself attacking, slashing with her claws at the chunk of Fili's missing armor.

"Let's see how many wires I can rip out before you start to short circuit." Urza snarled, now approaching rage.

Filitous had already received a few hits before deciding to change up her strategy. Her blade arm detached resolving almost instantly into a large swarm, converging infront of her as if it were a wall. The swarm came together whenever Urza struck, forming highly durable metal walls to block her attacks, always converging at pin point accuracy whilst Fili repaired and recuperated, moving backwards.

Scanning...

The swarm, seeing its imminent destruction decided on one last tactic. The last remnants attacked Thalia's face, trying to slip in through the eyes, nose, ears, mouth, anything that was open, clogging the entrances before ripping out bigger tunnels a second later.

((Thalia's wearing a warframe, pretty sure it's still the mirage warframe... Yea, so... No openings?))

Urza gave up on trying to hit Fili, now working on something very dangerous, foong a complex, elliptically spherical object within the dome. Small enough to hold, but large enough to be important.

"Why are you attacking me?" Urza Wondered aloud, tapping her own chin, "Do you just want all these nanites I've built? Or to be the last man standing?" Urza thought, pacing around Fili slightly, on a hair trigger to dodge away from s tracks.

Thalia tried to get the swarm off the face of the warframe, batting at them and reinforcing the helm, revulsion blooming in her thoughts at the would be attack.

(OOC: Ah, yeah, forgot. You can just saythe swarm attacked around the areas trying to get through. And technically they do hae openings, since you can see Tenno breath out cold mists on tilesets like Corpus Outpost.)

Fili kept a constant stare on Urza, the swarm convulsing around her. The chunk had almost been repaired fully, and her arm was now halfway up to the elbow.

"I am the original." She said in a cold, robotic voice. "You are a mere copy, but pose a threat in a variety of ways. Therefore you must be eliminated."

Scan complete. Blueprint acquired, alteration in process. Command softwares building...

The swarm kept its attack, trying to block Thalia's senses as much as break through. The nanites again changed, being reconstructed into models better purposed for drilling deep.

"What is the heat tolerance on those?" Nano asked, and Thalia shrugged,

"I dunno, why?"

"I-I'm wondering whether it would be lower than the heat tolerance of what an Ember Prime could do." Nano explained, and Thlia nodded slightly,

"Oooooh." She said, "Maybe we can find out." She proposed, her warframe already molding into that of an Ember Prime.

Urza seemed deflated,

"Ah man, and all I wanted to do was be your friend." Urza teased a Liset raising from the floor behind her, identical to her old one.

Thalia slammed her fists together activating a contained world on fire. As she did this, she groaned, even her own nanites couldn't take such contained heat, and some of the thermally charged ones began overloading, forcing her to drop the world on Fire and she'd the nanites making up the warframe, which began to glow red hot. She then began to remake her warframe, once again drawing nanites from the dome, though she as vulnerable for a moment, missing a warframe entirely, only covered by the under suit worn underneath most warframes.

Urza shook her head with disdain,

"Maybe this will work better this time," she shrugged, a sentinel sized egg falling from the ceiling to land in her hand. The Replica of Omega turned to look at Fili, it's eight cores activating as it began to float.

"Thalia! Let's move!" Urza yelled, leading to Thalia's attempt to both move while making a warframe, her legs bound together as they were being formed, naturally, she fell over, and Urza rolled her eyes, "You are so useless." She groaned, pressing her hand into the floor, having her hand reach into Thalia and retrieve Thalia's and Nano's AI cores, and then beginning to retrieve them.

Task completed

Fili sent out the swarm to Thalia, tasked to cut her up. Pre occupy. Distract.

Large amounts of nanites poured out her body as her mind reached out to the nanites constructing Omega and the Liset, aiming to quickly seize control, breaking them apart whilst Thalia was distracted.

The nanites that poured out of Filitous were different, a triple mixture of her strength, Urza's rapid replication woth Natalia's procedure to keep the cancer like growth under control. Without a new program, they couldn't be controlled.

Nanites approaching Omega would be ripped apart, along with any trying to pass a certain line across the hangar, attempts to reach Omega were disrupted, but the Liset began to dissassemble itself. Urza retrieved Thalia and Nano, sprinting toward the Hangar exit, grumbling to herself, asking why she bothered saving Thalia, sending a single message to the Omega replica.

"Throw us as far as you can, then pulse." She ordered, feeling The proxy launch her at supersonic speeds, it's generators activating as it charged the pulse, it's most external nanites beginning to malfunction, unable to take the electromagnetic fields emitting off it's core.

Edited by ultimatumcore

An attempt as such would not succeed, as the Omega replica began to melt down, lashing out in random directions with electromagnetic energy, it finally fell, the sounds of thousands of nanites popping as they were overloaded. Thalia, Urza, and Nano watched as they flew into the darkness, Urza eventually summoned the nanites for an Archwing, heading toward the only other place she could at the time, Earth.

"Urza. With the nanites of the dome, that proxy will be unstoppable. We can't just let it-" Thalia started,

"Whoops." Urza interrupted, already fed up with the 'arguing with herself' gag. "Looks like I just did. Besides, it's not as if those are active. It's not as if I could even activate them. She needs a very special key, and one, I'm afraid she can't get." Urza chuckled, activating the Hyperion thrusters to jet into the dark.

Natalia stepped from the shower, getting her warframe back on and lying on the bed, it was the closest to Halcyon she could be, and at the very least restored some normalcy to her thoughts. Light meditation bringing back serenity, and with it, the rejuvenation and repairment of her emotions. She was almost able to forget her anger toward the android, and decided on a conclusion to her confusion, she very much disliked Fili, but didn't want to hurt her she now just wanted the android to leave her alone.

The ancient Frist had decided to check on his student as well, falling in step beside Fili.

"You mean to visit my initiate?" He assumed, seeming to suck any cold in the air towards him, leaving only hot, dry air around him.

"Perhaps you might allow me to speak with her first? I am of the understanding that you used that from to imprison her before, she would not take well to seeing it." The ancient Frost speculated as they arrived at the door to Natalia's room.