Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring It Back (Boar, Machete, Gorgon)

TribalUnicorn

It would be good if you could bring back the Boar, Machete, Gorgon (No point with gorgon since you can get from log in reward) This would only be for a couple of days or something. This idea is good for the people that are trying to collect all weapons and for people that started the game later. One question why did these weapons even get taken out.

Please comment on what you think about this idea :)

Meh, they are all outclassed and outdated weapons. The only one of the three that I could bear to level up fully was the Boar

DE did everyone a favour by taking them out of the game

I feel like theres a pun in that, bear, boar, seems like one to me

I feel like theres a pun in that, bear, boar, seems like one to me

Not really, but it was the only weapon Sixty5 didn't think was a Boar to use!

Ha cha cha!

*bricked*

EDIT: Anyway, as for the OP I have to agree, a simple buff to make these weapons better probably could've worked instead of simply removing them. The Gorgon wasn't my cup of tea but it was certainly a niche weapon that more players should be able to try out, and I didn't find the Boar to be a bor... I mean unfun to use or anything. a bit weak but still a fun weapon to mess around with. Although I'd bring 'em back permanently rather than temporarily.

Well, I'm going to go make sure I don't have a concussion now.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I think it's a great idea that weapons retire.

But if your gonna put up a stink about them coming back then why just Boar, Machete and Gorgon, why not Braton Vandal and lato vandal

or snipetron and prova vandal?

well those are name exclusive and the snipertron was given a replacement 

Not just name, color and stats are different.

Thats not what I mean by name exclusive I'm saying like Wraith, Vandals can't be found anywhere ig they probably aren't going to make a comeback because they are Vandal is what Im saying the OP is asking for normal weapons to come back

I would at least like for them to be obtained, it doesn't mean it isn't useless. Honestly, there is really no reason to remove them unless there was something utterly broken about it. At least it is fair if you are those people who want to max out their mastery ranks. Plus, I love the look of the Machete, a major disappointment that I can never get it. 

Thats not what I mean by name exclusive I'm saying like Wraith, Vandals can't be found anywhere ig they probably aren't going to make a comeback because they are Vandal is what Im saying the OP is asking for normal weapons to come back

If DE says no, then we have to respect that.

The OP said it is for those that want them for collection purposes, even then their collection is not complete without the others,

that is why i say no.

This reminds me of the founder exclusivity matter. They both have different factors that influence their conditions... but they share the common ground of being brought up because someone thinks it is unfair.

To that, I shall question the unfairness that peeps who were around longer should have more things than those who did not.

That was sarcasm on the last part.

Truth be told, I find this plausible.

Only the prospect of calling it unfair disgusts me.

It is as fair as me being richer than you.

Final note. The point of outdated normal gear becoming exclusive may improve plat value for slots.

If DE says no, then we have to respect that.

The OP said it is for those that want them for collection purposes, even then their collection is not complete without the others,

that is why i say no.

I dont think we are understanding each other here my whole point to my first reply to you was to tell you that your examples are exclusive for other reasons and have about a 99% chance to come back for a short amount of time and id like to leave it at that

Edited by Sasoka

I just don't understand why those specific weapons were removed when half the event weapons and prime weapons we have are still available in the shop in the form of a lesser, more accessible variation. Why haven't Latron, Burston, Braton, Paris, Orthos, and Sicarus been removed? Why were the Gorgon and Machete removed when we still have the two variants of Viper and the Strun? Why hasn't the Prova been removed from the Corpus tech lab in the Dojo? Why were those specific weapons removed at all? Pretty much everything that was taken out has something that ties it into the game thematically and thus removing it is still incredibly jarring even if you're going to announce that the Market's being looked at and things are being removed.

And saying that these weapons are "exclusive" has really no bearing on this discussion. Where in his post did OP say anything about Prime, Vandal, or Wraith? Exclusive or otherwise? Saying that "Oh you weren't here to buy the Gorgon so now you have to get it from the log-in rewards" is ludicrous.

Or remove them from codex, but keep those who have them in their inventory, so any new player in the future will never know and will never ask.

Yes i think the codex is the problem, for all those out there with OCD that HAVE to get everything or something bad will happen! i think that temporary rewards that are impossible to get after the event has passed is a good thing, it's something that gives another layer to the game, it's an experience that happens in time, it's not like a single player game that anyone can play at any time and experience the same thing, but yea why the hell would the codex tease everyone with weapons that are not available anymore just escapes my understanding... as you said, taking out the entries for those who do not own the weapons would certainly be the closest to a "fix" for this.