Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kaz's Fanart Thread (4-16 Corpus Bat'leth)

Syncrasis

No progress on my Vor model recently, sadly... hopefully I can get back to him soon. I haven't really had much time to myself lately, and I've spent it all playing Warframe. A few days ago my time spent in WF has eclipsed my time spent in TF2, which was my biggest game love until now.

I sketched a guardian tho.

tumblr_n88fetcEF01qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

It's true and if you deny it you're lying.

(It's ok Prosecutor dude I think you're very attractive)

No progress on my Vor model recently, sadly... hopefully I can get back to him soon. I haven't really had much time to myself lately, and I've spent it all playing Warframe. A few days ago my time spent in WF has eclipsed my time spent in TF2, which was my biggest game love until now.

I sketched a guardian tho.

-snip-

It's true and if you deny it you're lying.

(It's ok Prosecutor dude I think you're very attractive)

I'm sorry, I read that as bacon for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so, I am working on a Minecraft texture pack and just got to melons and pumpkins today. After some deliberation, I decided to follow Blechbocs' lead and make an Alad V carving, I mean I couldn't resist... he is my favorite............

tumblr_n976roCn2h1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n97a7bhOik1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n976roCn2h1qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

Uh.

Well, he makes a good torch holder at least.

Edited to add that for some reason, all the Alad Snowmen have jumped into the lake and drowned, completely on their own, without any help from me... what a pity.

Edited by Syncrasis

• 4 weeks later...

tumblr_nafeolNRKN1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nafo9tVayj1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

His left arm is a lightning cannon. It spins up slowly at the base, where it meets the black part (which is the character’s forearm right before the elbow). It would be spinning pretty quick in its open stage. Two parts are shown, but there would be three if I were to 3D model this.

Sometimes he stabs you with his little stabby-stab that’s attached to the hinge joint on his wrist (he can flip it back when he’s not using it) and electrocute you that way if you get too close. He has three giant capacitors on his back (they’re shaded darker). He can run pretty quick.

Personality-wise, he’s kind of twitchy like an insect. He’s missing half his brain, which has been augmented by machinery, and often has digital artifacts in his voice. Because he has no lower lip, he has trouble with certain sounds, like F and M, and has a slight tendency to spit.

The lightning arm can function as a cannon and as an area of effect weapon, electrifying everything in the room. He’s a bit over-zealous with this weapon because of his high energy levels (ha-ha), paranoia, and thinly-veiled fear of the Tenno. 
Edited by Syncrasis

• 2 weeks later...

I've sculpted a high poly version of my chibi Captain Vor head for a ~secret project~

tumblr_nazvrdUWHp1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

OooOoOOOoooOoooo~~~~~ What could it beeeeee????

Also: My two favorite color schemes for Lightning Arm Guy (still quite tragically nameless)

tumblr_nay1pzOuMq1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nay1pzOuMq1qdt0m6o8_r1_1280.jpg

Full thread can be found here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/292030-grineer-boss-concept-lightning-arm-guy-art-update-8-27-color-tests-and-cloak-scanner/

Okay, so, I am working on a Minecraft texture pack and just got to melons and pumpkins today. After some deliberation, I decided to follow Blechbocs' lead and make an Alad V carving, I mean I couldn't resist... he is my favorite............

tumblr_n976roCn2h1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n97a7bhOik1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n976roCn2h1qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

Uh.

Well, he makes a good torch holder at least.

Edited to add that for some reason, all the Alad Snowmen have jumped into the lake and drowned, completely on their own, without any help from me... what a pity.

Now I've seen Everything! Awesome job!!!

I've sculpted a high poly version of my chibi Captain Vor head for a ~secret project~

Also: My two favorite color schemes for Lightning Arm Guy (still quite tragically nameless)

Full thread can be found here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/292030-grineer-boss-concept-lightning-arm-guy-art-update-8-27-color-tests-and-cloak-scanner/

I wished that this was how Hek would be. I don't like his chicken form.

Full thread can be found here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/292030-grineer-boss-concept-lightning-arm-guy-art-update-8-27-color-tests-and-cloak-scanner/

how's Varim Garavd (just made it up now) for a name?

And looking at him, he looks like he'd be ruks brother (fire and lightning dual boss fight anyone?)

Edited by (PS4)SCP-100912

ooh the colour options for Sparky are both rather good! The orange/green seems more typical Grineer but I feel the blue rather suits him better? also woot first time I've actually posted in your cool thread Kaz. I think I know what that secret project is, but of course I will remain quiet about it. You can trusssst meeeeeeee. >:3

(also going through the thread again is quite amusing and wow some cool people in here)

Edited by RiseUpAboveIt

Now I've seen Everything! Awesome job!!!

Oh, gosh * - * Thank you, Skree!!

I wished that this was how Hek would be. I don't like his chicken form.

I am in love with Hek's redesign. I keep farming beacons just to watch all the little cutscenes and listen to his wailing. I have a stock of a dozen beacons for whenever the mood strikes... I've also referred to the Zbrush sculpt and concept art for this character while working on my own, so there's a bit of that showing particularly in his legs.

TENNO.... are you ready for a CUPPYCAKE??!?!?!?!??!

how's Varim Garavd (just made it up now) for a name?

And looking at him, he looks like he'd be ruks brother (fire and lightning dual boss fight anyone?)

That's not a bad name! I have a short list on the fan concepts thread too... naming is really the hardest part for me lol. 

I was thinking he might be interesting to find in a node with a Corpus tileset when the Grineer take over the planet and the boss node gets replaced by this guy, kind of like how Phorid replaces the boss node for infested invasions. He's really strong against Corpus, which is why he's still kept around despite his unstable personality and fear of Tenno: a zealous and skilled Corpus-killer.

I could definitely see his weapons functioning similarly to Ruk's but I'd really like to give him his own flavor. Personality-wise, he acts basically the opposite of Ruk, because of his blatant fear and twitchiness. He'd be running around a lot, he'd be using his scanners a lot, and probably hiding whenever possible.

That said, a dual boss fight with the two would be pretty challenging, given the amount of space they'd both cover. While trying to chase down this guy, oops there's Ruk... bam!

Hell, Lightning Arm Guy should be new Tyl Regor instead of cartoon macho man.

I've been hearing this a lot! It's very flattering * - * I actually kinda like the new Regor though because he's so ridiculous looking, and that's my thing... I can't wait to see how he's animated.

KAZU-SAN, I LOVE UR STUFF

HI INKARY I LOVE UR STUFF 2 OMG

ooh the colour options for Sparky are both rather good! The orange/green seems more typical Grineer but I feel the blue rather suits him better? also woot first time I've actually posted in your cool thread Kaz. I think I know what that secret project is, but of course I will remain quiet about it. You can trusssst meeeeeeee. >:3

(also going through the thread again is quite amusing and wow some cool people in here)

I am in agreement with this assessment of his colors. Welcome to my thread, friend! 

The first part of ~secret project~ is coming in the mail soon * - *

So I played around with that blue color scheme a little more and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the accent color. I've saturated the other colors more, using the Vay Hek key as a bit of a guide (those colors are very saturated) so hopefully it fits the universe a bit more.

tumblr_nbe0rtMAIg1qdt0m6o2_r1_1280.jpg

purple

tumblr_nbe0rtMAIg1qdt0m6o3_1280.jpg

green

tumblr_nbe0rtMAIg1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

yellow

tumblr_nbe0rtMAIg1qdt0m6o4_1280.jpg

blue

I think I'm partial to the purple and the yellow ones myself.

Edited by Syncrasis

I have received in the mail today something interesting:

tumblr_nbno0dA4vh1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbno0dA4vh1qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

I also got one printed in a lower resolution plastic that is not transparent:

tumblr_nbno0dA4vh1qdt0m6o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbno0dA4vh1qdt0m6o4_r1_1280.jpg

Not telling what the end product is going to be!!! But it is almost all ready to be printed up and then I will paint.

Edited by Syncrasis

-super snip of Vor's 3D head-

Ooh, I think I have a guess at what it's going to be, but I won't say it so I don't ruin the surprise! And I'll bet Yuikami would love one of the final products!

tumblr_nbe0rtMAIg1qdt0m6o2_r1_1280.jpg

purple

tumblr_nbe0rtMAIg1qdt0m6o3_1280.jpg

green

tumblr_nbe0rtMAIg1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

yellow

tumblr_nbe0rtMAIg1qdt0m6o4_1280.jpg

blue

I think I'm partial to the purple and the yellow ones myself.

As for Lightning Arm Guy, I'd lead towards purple and yellow as well, since they're the most related to electricity/lighting besides blue (which is obviously his armor). Green seems to make him look toxic and poisonous. ...Hmm... shock you with the big arm then stab you with his smaller venomous needle? 

Ooh, I think I have a guess at what it's going to be, but I won't say it so I don't ruin the surprise! And I'll bet Yuikami would love one of the final products!

As for Lightning Arm Guy, I'd lead towards purple and yellow as well, since they're the most related to electricity/lighting besides blue (which is obviously his armor). Green seems to make him look toxic and poisonous. ...Hmm... shock you with the big arm then stab you with his smaller venomous needle? 

HehehhhEHehh heh hehehhh HEH HEH B)

Yeah I think I've settled on those colors being final, for many of the same reasons you're pointing out. Now, I just have to make him! I might want to go through another pass though for the sake of detail, like I did with the weapon.

tumblr_nbodqcldru1qdt0m6o1_r2_1280.jpg

Um, so I'm not going to make a fan concept thread for this guy because I have no powers or purpose to his design, but I came up with a Warframe design (more of a stream of consciousness sort of sketch!) last night. I was watching an older livestream with Mynki and he had a lot of great insight to offer about how they come up with the Warframes and how they iterate on designs, it was really inspiring and I hope he comes on to speak again at some point.

I've been drawing a lot of Grineer things recently, so this Warframe's design language kind of speaks more to that than the Tenno style, so I guess I'll have to revisit him when the mood strikes. I think a lot of the details are a little generic as well, so a revisit will do him (her?) a lot of good.

Was thinking either energy arcs between his little winglet things on his back/shoulders or energy shoots out like feathers. Though I may completely remove the things in the end, they seem to be a weak point on this design blah blah blah

I guess one power I really want some Warframe eventually to have is a melee speed boost, kind of like Volt's power but for melee weapons only. I'd love that so much * - *

Edited by Syncrasis

-parsnip-

Welp, there's that new Grineer-themed armor set, wonder how it'd look on him? Either way, I'm guessing Lightning Arm Guy would drop this guy's components? If so, we obviously have an electric frame already, and as for the melee speed boost, doesn't Valkyr's Warcry have the same effect?

Anyway, I'm really liking the design. I don't know why, but I'm getting a weird Metroid vibe from it.

Welp, there's that new Grineer-themed armor set, wonder how it'd look on him? Either way, I'm guessing Lightning Arm Guy would drop this guy's components? If so, we obviously have an electric frame already, and as for the melee speed boost, doesn't Valkyr's Warcry have the same effect?

Anyway, I'm really liking the design. I don't know why, but I'm getting a weird Metroid vibe from it.

I'm working on making him more Tenno-like but he'll always have a certain Grineer flair to him, I think! Hmm, I may need to draw that armor on him and find out. And yeah, I could see Lightning Arm Guy dropping parts for this guy. Good idea!

Omg why didn't I see this about Warcry before? I feel like such a noob lol... Guess I'll be equipping Valkyr a lot more from now on!

Wow, my work was featured on Prime Time again today * - * I'm glad everyone likes my Vor head! I'm uh, waiting on the other parts in the mail... and yes, I did model him myself (first in Maya then in Zbrush). There are progress shots earlier in the thread.

I've revamped my Grineer/Warframe hybrid design, and decided his theme is "tech", so his name is Tek. 

tumblr_nbroa6QVm41qdt0m6o2_r1_1280.jpg

I've made a Fan Concepts thread for him to develop his abilities, because I suck at this, so if you want to learn more please visit that thread!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/308608-warframe-concept-tek-grineertenno-hybrid-frame/#entry3497105

Edited by Syncrasis

The other parts of my Vor 3D printed bobblehead came in the mail today!!! I hot-glued the parts together and made a placeholder spring and here is the result:

tumblr_nc4hmzGE0l1qdt0m6o5_r1_1280.jpg

I know it's hard to make out the details because the plastic is transparent, so here are a couple of surface shots:

tumblr_nc4hmzGE0l1qdt0m6o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nc4hmzGE0l1qdt0m6o4_1280.jpg

I will be painting him and gluing him together properly eventually lol

Here is my high poly model in Zbrush:

tumblr_nc4abtNh3r1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Edited by Syncrasis