Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kaz's Fanart Thread (4-16 Corpus Bat'leth)

Syncrasis

Today I sculpted my own Void key in Zbrush so I can make silicone molds for candies (hopefully before Halloween!) I started by making the whole key (I plan on 3D printing one for a necklace for myself heh)

tumblr_ncg2p5xe541qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

And here it is stretched out and ready for a silicone candy mold:

tumblr_ncg2p5xe541qdt0m6o2_r1_1280.jpg

More photos will come when candy happens. Unless I eat it all first...

Today I sculpted my own Void key in Zbrush so I can make silicone molds for candies (hopefully before Halloween!) I started by making the whole key (I plan on 3D printing one for a necklace for myself heh)

tumblr_ncg2p5xe541qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

And here it is stretched out and ready for a silicone candy mold:

tumblr_ncg2p5xe541qdt0m6o2_r1_1280.jpg

More photos will come when candy happens. Unless I eat it all first...

This is amazing, if you could somehow turn that into a phone case I'd buy it in a heartbeat! I'd take one of everything most likely!

Question, would it be hard candy like jolly ranchers, gummy like gummy bears, chocolatey, or maybe like sweet treats? The possibilities are making my teeth rot already! :Q

If you can make those Void keys into earrings or a necklace pendant, or even just simple pieces that I can work with, I might love you forever. :3

Earrings! I don't have pierced ears so I didn't think of this, it's something I'd have to edit the model to create though because the inner "fin" parts of the design are too narrow for 3D printing with the model any smaller than 1" tall.

Ooooo*u* I'd kill to have a Void key chain xD

Wait wot

Void Key key chain?

IDK anymore xD

Lawl. That would be cute too!

This is amazing, if you could somehow turn that into a phone case I'd buy it in a heartbeat! I'd take one of everything most likely!

Question, would it be hard candy like jolly ranchers, gummy like gummy bears, chocolatey, or maybe like sweet treats? The possibilities are making my teeth rot already! :Q

A... phone case? Lawl, I'm not sure how that would work! But interesting idea, I'll have to do some research to figure that one out. As for candies, I'm definitely doing gummy treats and chocolates, hard candy is a great idea! I'll do every kind of candy I can!!!

----------------------

So, a little more info: I wanted to make some silicone molds from my Vor bobblehead pieces, so that I could experiment with paints on a model I didn't have to worry about ruining (also so I could make a few copies) and while researching moldmaking supplies, I found that a food-safe silicone was easily affordable. The first thing that came to mind for this discovery was Void key gummies. 

Shapeways has a service where they can 3D print your object in castable wax (how cool is that?) and then use a lost wax process to legit make your object out of pure metals. If you're not familiar with this process, it involves taking the wax positive and pouring plaster around it, burning out the wax in a kiln, and pouring the metal into the void left by the wax. The plaster is broken away, revealing a solid metal object. I just think it's so rad that Shapeways does this... so that's why I'm prining a Void key necklace pendant... in brass

The file for the full Void key is 1.5" tall and that much brass costs $75 so it will be awhile before I can purchase that one. The gummy version, however, will only cost $20 (not including the silicone I'll need for the actual mold) so I've already ordered that!

I don't really know how DE feels about selling small quantities of objects based on their IP, so I will have to inquire about that before I make the decision to sell anything. Right now my only plans are for giving away a few things to friends, but I know there are some people selling fanart, with permission from DE, and I hope this sort of thing falls under that category.

Edited by Syncrasis

I never understand why game companies don't make all sorts of pins/buttons based on their IP, especially an IP like Pokemon that has Gym Badges everyone and their grandma would buy in a heartbeat.

The Orokin Keys are a great example of something every player would buy, and they're dirt cheap to make thanks to all the pin/button companies online. DE could have them made for like 30 cents a pop and sell them for $5 or whatever. I'm not sure what other iconic objects could be made, maybe Reactors and Catalysts and Forma? lol

And maybe I read that wrong, but $75 for a 1.5 inch brass object is outrageous lol

Another thing, a while ago someone made pins of the COBRA logo from GI Joe and sold them for like $7 a pop. It was a limited run so no one came after him with legal mumbo jumbo. There's a sweet spot where if you dont make that many (like a hundred or something) you get a free pass.

Edited by DarkTails

Earrings! I don't have pierced ears so I didn't think of this, it's something I'd have to edit the model to create though because the inner "fin" parts of the design are too narrow for 3D printing with the model any smaller than 1" tall.

-snip-

Sounds like earrings are out lol but 1" isn't too bad for a pendant, key chain or bracelet charm.  Even a pin would be awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Progress has been happening on the Void key candies: I've got 5 decent working silicone molds made up from my 3D print (top left in the photo). They are under an inch tall each. I've been experimenting with making additional positives. The other 3 in the top row are Smooth-Cast 325, with the two on the right intentionally mixed with too much part B for testing blah blah blah

The second row are polyester resin, perfectly clear. The edges ended up weirdly stringy during demolding, so those edges are a bit marred but I think the candies are going to pull away just fine and have perfect finish to them. Well, here's hoping!

tumblr_nd6ubdVnNb1qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd6ubdVnNb1qdt0m6o1_500.jpg tumblr_nd6ubdVnNb1qdt0m6o3_r1_1280.jpg

Edited by Syncrasis

tumblr_ndmsm4foSL1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

HAH FIRST FANART FOR ADORABLE CORPUS GUY

I WIN

The Syndicate contact for The Perrin Sequence is adorable. The Corpus in general seem to be Dopey Hats Only Club. I love it. 

I’m already characterizing him in my mind as a meek, very particular, detail-oriented older dude who is very nervous about a war-crazed lunatic working for him.

Curious to see what he’ll be like in-game! Probably totally different lol 

Hehe, I had something close in mind when I saw it yesterday!

Those hats are the reason why I love Corpus in general, and this one made me think of the Character Arzak from moebius (one more reason to be found of him!). I'm impatient to see what's his personality in-game!

I also liked the red veil, they reminded me of cybrans in super commander (but only for their look, moral wise they share nothing in common).

Anyways, nice drawing! ^^

Hehe, I had something close in mind when I saw it yesterday!

Those hats are the reason why I love Corpus in general, and this one made me think of the Character Arzak from moebius (one more reason to be found of him!). I'm impatient to see what's his personality in-game!

I also liked the red veil, they reminded me of cybrans in super commander (but only for their look, moral wise they share nothing in common).

Anyways, nice drawing! ^^

Gosh, yeah, I'm really excited to see all the Syndicates in-game! It's going to be pretty tough choosing any one or two to support, they all look so great * - *

I've been testing hard candies today and came up with a full batch of cherry flavored ones so far! Many more to come * u * Right now I am waiting for my microwave tray to finish soaking because it's covered in sticky sugar lol

tumblr_ndo1lvKytt1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg