The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would You Compare Valkyr To Another Frame But In A Positive Perspective And How Could She Be Improved As A Whole In Your Opinion?

WildcatAU

Its just an open question really, My idea is to hopefully hear some good points that could lead to her being Fixed up a Little better in future updates =) As long as the DEV's see this of course haha

Fire away people, If you can add lots of detail so we know exactly what the Pros and Cons are from your Point of view that would be great =)

Edited by MLPDiamondHeart

Valkyr? Improved? PRIME! or MELEE 2.0!

Right now my Valkyr is really op, with warcry I have almost 3k armor, I melee faster than I can even hit my E key and my melee is OP even without the mobs getting a knock in armor from warcry...I only take 1 dmg per bullet, and I use Equilibrium maxed out...I am immortal!

Cons: .......she doesnt have a prime yet?

edit: My build includes but not limited to, intensify, stretch, steel fiber, vigor, fortitude, vitality, and equilibrium(got rid of the shield stomp thing..forgot the name atm), and steel charge aura

melee is Dual Kamas main 2 mods for speed are Fury and Berserker, but I get 4k on crit hits which is about 1 in every 5 hits, so maybe 2 seconds before berserker procs for 24 seconds XD

She is my new rhino, the only thing I use rhino for now is speed runs where I am not killing everything and getting all the energy drops, she has great sustain but rhino just ignores everyone.  She is a melee tank in my eyes so not sure who else to really compare her to...

Edited by Trouvo

Valkyr? Improved? PRIME! or MELEE 2.0!

Right now my Valkyr is really op, with warcry I have almost 3k armor, I melee faster than I can even hit my E key and my melee is OP even without the mobs getting a knock in armor from warcry...I only take 1 dmg per bullet, and I use Equilibrium maxed out...I am immortal!

Cons: .......she doesnt have a prime yet?

I want your build haha =)

Seeing that Valkyr is one of my favorite frames I'll chime in.  Overall Valkyr works pretty well and the only thing that I can see a little improvement on is Hysteria.  The only changes in Hysteria I would like to see is improved animations that make it look more like fighting and less like tip toe ballet death dance and slightly more damage output due to not scaling well against higher level enemies.  Granted at those levels Hysteria makes you the defacto team revive but it would be nice to be able to kill a few things too.

Valkyr is the biggest disappointment in Warframe history.

The only thing they got right about her is Ripline. Very useful and fun to use.

The three other abilities are pure garbage - especially Hysteria.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Hysteria ruined her.

Seeing that Valkyr is one of my favorite frames I'll chime in.  Overall Valkyr works pretty well and the only thing that I can see a little improvement on is Hysteria.  The only changes in Hysteria I would like to see is improved animations that make it look more like fighting and less like tip toe ballet death dance and slightly more damage output due to not scaling well against higher level enemies.  Granted at those levels Hysteria makes you the defacto team revive but it would be nice to be able to kill a few things too.

yeah, the one issue i have while playing her is that her animations are too slow. Sure she punches fast, but if enemies are running from you.. you will need to stop punching and chase them in order to follow up on the next punch. I guess im asking for them to put some momentum/ small bit of forward thrust when enemies are running. 

Valkyr is the biggest disappointment in Warframe history.

The only thing they got right about her is Ripline. Very useful and fun to use.

The three other abilities are pure garbage - especially Hysteria.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Hysteria ruined her.

You realize that warcry doubles her armor and all her allies armor, increases melee attack speed and decreases armor of all enemies in range of the shout?

Spider-tank, Spider-tank....

Apart from custom Hysteria animations - because, come on, they rushed that part obviously - I wouldn't want her to change much. The problem non-AoE frames have lies within the way the game rewards the quantity of kills and not the quality. Changing Valkyr, or any other frame, to become more viable would mean them loosing their different playstyles because the only thing mattering right now is your kill ratio per second.

You realize that warcry doubles her armor and all her allies armor, increases melee attack speed and decreases armor of all enemies in range of the shout?

Spider-tank, Spider-tank....

Tank.

TANK!

TANK!!!

She was never supposed to be a tank - that's the core issue with how she turned out.

Tank.

TANK!

TANK!!!

She was never supposed to be a tank - that's the core issue with how she turned out.

I know I wasnt here when she came out, i took a break, but how was she not? She has the highest armor rating, and that warcry? and being melee focused how could she survive melee-ing without being able to take a lot of hits? My perception is she is supposed to be the beefy melee frame, and she does that very well.

Tank.

TANK!

TANK!!!

Never supposed to be a tank?  Then please explain how a non-tank Valyr can even be remotely viable seeing that she is primarily a melee frame?  EVERY one of her abilities is geared towards melee.  Ripline to get closer to the enemy or bring them close to you, Paralysis to stun the enemy so it is easier to cut them down, War Cry to buff your MELEE STATS and Hysteria which is um... MELEE.  Granted Valkyr does well with projectile weapons just as any other frame but truly shines in the melee arena which is where her specialty is.  

I'd scrap the energy claws. We already have a melee weapon available to us so why it this limited pseudo-melee weapon needed? I think the animations for the claws are _really_ weak, they have no impact (due to the sounds) and the odd "floating" that happens it completely unneeded and frankly quite cheesey.

If you really want energy-claws, make then available as a normal melee weapon. Actually I'd like the corpus restraints to be part of that weapon, call them "Zanuka gauntlet" or something similar and take them off the Valkyr by default. I don't know what you'd do with hysteria after that as most of the depends on Melee 2.0

I can't comment on power 2 and 3 as I never equip them (Which may tell you something about them)

Tank.

TANK!

TANK!!!

Shes the best tank in the game. Shes got life steal, insane armor, and immortality mode. She fights best at in your face ranges. Clearly shes not made to be a tank... Wait wha.

Well based from my experience playing with her she could use some sprint boost and melee range when she's in hysteria so i could spend more time killing enemies rather than chasing them down, also the fact that i need to equip a high criting melee weapon like Dual ichors means my melee weapon selection is really limited which is a pain when i have a large selection of melee weapons that i need to level up.

Her armor is absolutely insane and the hysteria life steal coupled with rage mod make her nearly immortal, if your low on health just go hysteria and kill until you break even. when im in T3 void missions i never ever went down on my valkyr due to enemy fire and i'm almost always the only member to ever make it in T3 survivals after 35mins the others just die when life support goes zero but not me and my hysterical valkyr XD. Her task is mostly to revive fallen team mates and not spearhead the attack at high levels.

Skill-wise aside from ripline and hysteria which is a must have at high level play the other 2 skills namely paralysis and warcry i dont really get to use them much because paralysis relies on my shields which is still like wet tissue paper and warcry eats up alot of energy for that melee and armor buff because trust me you dont want to dual ichor your way through a mob of level 55 heavy gunners even if they are slowed plus my team mates rely on their shields not armor. even in hysteria my insane damage quickly diminished as i approach level 40ish enemies because of there also insane armor so i only manage to kill a hand full of enemies before i make a hasty retreat.

Though I know she's not a highlevel frame like nova, loki, trinity, or rhino she is the best medic in my team which is a contradictory to her original role I really like her unique skill sets and her survivability even though she lacks decent crowd control abilities.

If there is anything i want to upgrade it has to be the hysteria damage mechanic and CC abilities. If paralysis would actually "paralyze" the enemy for more than 10secs then me and my team would really appreciate that.

She is a tank that can take the heat and more but i need her to dish out more on the enemy.

DEVs please let us use our melee weapons on hysteria including mods and stats on said melee weapon with hysteria acting as a damage multiplier. that would be awesome!!!!

Edited by H.Katsura_999

Never supposed to be a tank?  Then please explain how a non-tank Valyr can even be remotely viable seeing that she is primarily a melee frame?  EVERY one of her abilities is geared towards melee.  Ripline to get closer to the enemy or bring them close to you, Paralysis to stun the enemy so it is easier to cut them down, War Cry to buff your MELEE STATS and Hysteria which is um... MELEE.  Granted Valkyr does well with projectile weapons just as any other frame but truly shines in the melee arena which is where her specialty is.  

She is meant to be a beserker not a tank, which generally means attack speed and lifesteal.

Ripline - is fun and functional

Warcry - is , well you have so much armour already is 10% more damage reduction worth it? with a beserker mod on ichors I can already hit as fast as I can click , do I really need more attack speed. Stuff dies so fast already, do I really need mobs to have less armour.

Paralysis - Currently only entertaining because you can stealth attack with it in hysteria, but we have been told this is a bug.

Hysteria - Good, but clunky, not entirely sure the invincibility is needed with the life steal, but it's nice.

I think it's probably pointless to make this thread :( because we don't know how melee 2.0 will change hysteria. I would like for hysteria to not be based off weapon stats, I'd like to be able to use Jat kittag like in the screen shot, but we have to run ichors/zorens now so we arent gimping hysteria. Bigger range and cleave on hysteria would be good. 

There has to be a better way to kill drones than jumping and ground pounding in Hysteria.

Anyway id be happy if warcry and para were replaced with more useful skills, and Hysteria was tweaked 

Shes the best tank in the game. Shes got life steal, insane armor, and immortality mode. She fights best at in your face ranges. Clearly shes not made to be a tank... Wait wha.

She is not supposed to be a tank, no. She is supposed to be a Berserker. However, at her release she flopped so incredibly hard that DE had to implement many little band-aid fixes for her and each one, instead of admitting that they didn't think he through and rework her, made her tankier and tankier.

Eventually we ended up with what we have no - a Valkyr that is so far removed from her original design concept that it makes me weep.

I think it's probably pointless to make this thread :( because we don't know how melee 2.0 will change hysteria. I would like for hysteria to not be based off weapon stats, I'd like to be able to use Jat kittag like in the screen shot, but we have to run ichors/zorens now so we arent gimping hysteria. Bigger range and cleave on hysteria would be good.

Melee 2.0 won't affect Hysteria: DE have said so on the forums. Another great blow against Valkyr - ironically she will benefits the least from the new melee changes because of her over-reliance on Hysteria.

Edited by Brimir

-snip-

Yeah that is another issue, when sprinting with hysteria, she still just trots along. No noticeable movement speed increase.

I'd scrap the energy claws. We already have a melee weapon available to us so why it this limited pseudo-melee weapon needed? I think the animations for the claws are _really_ weak, they have no impact (due to the sounds) and the odd "floating" that happens it completely unneeded and frankly quite cheesey.

If you really want energy-claws, make then available as a normal melee weapon. Actually I'd like the corpus restraints to be part of that weapon, call them "Zanuka gauntlet" or something similar and take them off the Valkyr by default. I don't know what you'd do with hysteria after that as most of the depends on Melee 2.0

I can't comment on power 2 and 3 as I never equip them (Which may tell you something about them)

The whole claw idea was their thaught of the cat frame. There really isnt anything wrong with them, the mechanics are jsut buggy. You are basically trading melee range for god mode and lifesteal.

about her "2 and 3"... I too thaught they were worthless, until i started the long journey of leveling up those horrid melee weapons that no one wants to use. with warcry, he increased attack speed really helps, anlong with doubling your armor so things cant hurt you nearly as much. Warcry is also really nice for situations where you need to survive but hysteria isnt the best option.

Paralysis is the one I alwasy thaught was the most worthless.. though it does increase your melee multiplier up to 8x? (still not quite sure how it works, i dont even have it equipped yet)

Edited by (PS4)MyTagForHalo

Nice things about Valkyr? ...  Rip Line is a great mix of mobility and offense.

The problem for me is that none of her abilities provide AOE damage or useful crowd control.  She is somewhat durable with her high armor, but shields regenerate a LOT faster than health does. She gets dumped on by higher level enemies, the ones who can flatten any frame in seconds if they aren't controlled or disabled in some fashion.  She can become completely invulnerable while on Hysteria, but it locks you into the incredibly awkward punching attacks and really only serves to delay the inevitable because you're not going to clear up the enemy horde that forced you to become invulnerable in this way.  Paralysis...doesn't paralyze. At all.

Tanking is a useless role when frames with massive AOE damage and long ranged crowd control power exist, and her "ultimate" ability is just clumsy.

How to fix....

1.) Rip Line is fine. Leave it alone.

2.) War Cry. Costs 50-energy. Valkyr is healed for a small amount per each enemy within range (can overheal past baseline giving temporary hitpoints), gains an armor buff, and a melee attack speed bonus. Shares buffs with allies.

3.) Paralysis. Costs 75 energy. Affected enemies fall to the ground and are briefly incapacitated. Enemies immune to control effects are slowed instead.

4.) Hysteria. Valkyr gains 90% damage reduction (applies before armor), immunity to control effects, and increased movement speed.  Forced to use your melee weapon for the duration. No health leech effect. Very short duration is reset after each kill you make.

The claws don't even look right. They don't have a custom animation but rather use the fist weapon stance. This causes her to curl her fists up, cutting through the palms of her hands with the claws.

It is just a mess. An utter, utter mess.

I'd have her 4 change a bit more drastically depending on your melee weapon choice. 

As some lazy examples, imagine stuff like:

Using  Kogake/Obex/Furax/Ankyros? Laser claws. Fast attack Speed. High mobility (In other words, the movement speed you retain while attacking).  Short range. Attacks chain endlessly (You'll never pause to reset your attack chain).

Using any Dual melee? Dual Beamsword, Moderate attack speed. Moderate mobility. Short range. Attack chains 5 times. Has wide, forward cleaving attacks good at hitting everything directly in front of you.

Longsword? Beamsaber. Moderate attack speed. High mobility. Long range. Attack chains 5 times. Has narrow, vertical slices good at hitting enemies huddled or lined up.

Heavy weapon? Beam Greatsword/Greataxe/Battlehammer. Slow attack speed. Slowest mobility. Moderate range. Attack chains 3 times. Two powerful, cleaving swings followed by an overhead smash that deals radial damage.

Staff/Spear? Twin Beamsword (straight up Darth Mual). Slow attack speed. Moderate mobility. Short range. Attacks chain 4 times. All attacks are radial.

Ect, ect. Make it so her equipped melee weapon changed the flavor of her 4.

Or...

Y'know...

Just let me use my goddamn melee weapon!

It is not that your idea is bad, Fool(I like it, I much prefer it to the claws!) but with Melee 2.0 coming up I don't really see any other viable solution than allowing us to use our equipped melee weapon.

Anything else would be the death-knell for Valkyr; she won't be the Berserker Warframe nor will she even be a melee Warframe! She will be a boring invulnerable tank stuck in a gimpy Hysteria while everyone else is enjoying Melee 2.0 to it's fullest.

Edited by Brimir

Its OK if you don't know how to get +12K damage per punch as her normal hit values. You clearly don't know how to use Valkyr.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238595528 Yep thats right a 7 formaed Valkyr. >XD Please drool more if you like and if you hate well that's your loss in understanding my ways and my way of fun to play the game. X3

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238611336

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198082574115/screenshots/

My screenshots show proof she can solo any content in the game. The only limits are the handy caps like pods or life support etc.

But that's to be expected from any frame that has 7 forma and is a heavy corrupted/nightmare build with the best mods in the game maxed or near maxed. This frame is built specially for the way how I like to solo in the game with melee. Something similar can be done with rhino or trinity with a corrupted build and skill. Loki and Ash are also very powerful melee frames as they get bonuses when invisible they get a bonus to weapon damage. I heard some people can get up to wave 50 with Loki. I have managed 45 waves since I last tried with Valkyr. Shes a awesome frame but at the cost of a lot of forma and sweat to get there that far. Shes a very specialized build and I only use 2 skills for the end game content. Sometimes I use all 4 on the lower end content. Or I speed mod her for max speed. It obviously works for what I use her for so don't hate. >:D

Think before you say shes OP. That's in the eye of the beholder. You don't need to tell me how any frame is OP with max corrupted/nightmare mods and 7 forma. Your confusing OP builds with extremely well thought out and creative builds that do a special thing not normally done in the game by most people. Unless they love the fame and specialize in its best functions at the cost of a lot of time and hard work put into it.

I'm not rank 15 because I put a lot of time and effort into only a few weapons and frames I really like.