Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Use Grinlok?

BoomyGordo

Why should I as a player buy and use grinlok when marelok is better?

GRINLOK

impact: 60

puncture: 12

slash: 47

critical: 15%

crit damage: 2.0x

MARELOK

impact: 80

puncture: 16

slash: 63

critical: 15%

cit damage: 1.5x

the only thing grinlok beats marelok in is status chance and crit damage by a very slight margin. But coupled with the fact that pistol mods outshine rifle mods (all examples are maxed ignoring corrupted mods) theres really no reason for me to even consider the grinlok viable since marelok is the exact same thing only better.

RIFLE

Damage: 167%

(Serration:167%)

Multishot: 90%

(Split chamber: 90%)

PISTOL

Damage: 220%

(hornet strike: 220%)

Multishot: 180% (100% to shoot 2 bullets and 80% chance to shoot a third)

(Barrel diffusion: 120% + Lethal torrent: 60% + 60% fire rate) 

Edited by --Solaris--

You are ignoring the significantly worse accuracy of the Marelok, but that rarely really comes into play at the ranges that Warframe makes you fight in. Additionally, the Marelok has far higher recoil, which some like and others do not. The Grinlok has none, which is a fun-killer in my opinion.

You are ignoring the significantly worse accuracy of the Marelok, but that rarely really comes into play at the ranges that Warframe makes you fight in. Additionally, the Marelok has far higher recoil, which some like and others do not. The Grinlok has none, which is a fun-killer in my opinion.

this is exactly why i didnt even mention accuracy and recoil. Those are purely situational factors.

I just killed a leader in the void with ma Grinlok and got atleast 10000 damage right in the HEADSHOT.

Try and see what the power of Grinlok is.

the marelok would do even more damage.

Because rifles have better crit mods and the only crit + Procc mod. 

Which all means very little once you factor in Lethal Torrent and Bullet Diffusions combined 180% multishot rendering those benefits fairly moot.

they both have the same crit chance, marelok suffers from only 1.5x crit damage while grinlok has x2 but the multishot brings it bascaly to 3 bullets all with a chance to crit and each bullet doing 220% damage ontop of more base damage..

Marelok would still do more damage.

they both have the same crit chance, marelok suffers from only 1.5x crit damage while grinlok has x2 but the multishot brings it bascaly to 3 bullets all with a chance to crit and each bullet doing 220% damage ontop of more base damage..

Marelok would still do more damage.

Pretty much. I'd crunch the number but the doubled bonus of Vital Sense as opposed to target cracker is very obviously less useful compared to shooting three bullets as opposed to two. 

Marelok is pretty good, but its not really a far cry from the other sniper pistols. Sure you could make the comparison to Grinlok, but it would be a bit silly to run both for any reason whatsoever. The same comparison has been made to a variety of other guns, people are just concentrating too hard on the name and form this time.

Also Marelok has a ridiculous amount of recoil.

Marelok would do more damage on body shots, but the crit damage multiplier is applied twice on special bodyparts so I think grinlok deals more damage on headshots.

meaning on crit with mare would do more. Certain body spots take extra/double damage from all sources of damage not use rifles.

Comparising a Primary to a Secondary isn't the right way man...

good argument if i were compareing apples to oranges but unfortunatly im comparing a primary to its secondary counterpart. Its litteraly a pistol version of the same exact gun.

Marelok would do more damage on body shots, but the crit damage multiplier is applied twice on special bodyparts so I think grinlok deals more damage on headshots.

The crit multiplier is not applied twice. If you test it you will find that a headshot crit as host deals 4x damage compared to a bodyshot crit, but as a client it deals 8x.

I LOVE IT, crit + status build proccing 4k worth of slash damage PER TICK crit headshotting a Ceres heavy.

Also until we get a non-scoped bolt-action rifle in Warframe I'm going to go around pretending the Grinlok is one.

grinlok is a sniper/rifle and marelok is a revolver/shotgun.
my grinlock is able to use all the rifle critmods and I get up to 15k on a crit headshot.
marelok is more close range, since its less acuurate , dealing up to 12k damage on a crit headshot but it has a faster firerate.
so all in all and 5 froma on each weapon I must say that yes marelok is better BUT grinlok compliments i rather well.
in close combat im using my marelok and for some sniping action im going grinlok.

so thats my OPINION..so yea...calm down :P