The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Doing It Wrong: Vauban's Alerts

The_Sharp_Demonologist

Oh boy once again to strike the Vauba Alerts.

Ok so what now you may ask? right now i have two parts: the Helmet and the Chassis + the main BP and only the Systems left but to get the Chassis i had to rush to Ceres and get to its node afer completing the other nodes first, all thanks to a guy whit  Rhino Prime, only thanks to him i was able to Faceroll all those nodes before the timer of the Alert ran out.

Now the point where is it... oh here it is. You see if you want to keep Vauban as an Alert only Warframe yoou need to change the way his alerts work and i got a few ideas how.

HOW TO FIX IT

1- First of all lets increase the timer on those missions, instead of 30 mins why not 3 Hours? we all know how infamous Vauban missions are, popping out either when your at school/Work or sleeping 99% of the time. Increasing the time of How much it last may increase the chance that you can be playing when it pops out.

2- Make them Assassination missions, but place a boss that is actually hard, a hard boss in Warframe? crazy i know but hear me out. Maybe a high lv boss as a placeholder for the real one or MAYBE why not a reworked Golem, the old one that is suposed to be thousand year old that used to drop Volt, yeah that guy. Make it hard but entertaining.

Just my two cents, Vauban is a great frame but those troll alerts really turn off many and i think that leaving him as an Alert only frame is a good idea however youo need to improve it, make it a better, more enjoyable alert.

What you guys think? should he stay as an alert frame or move him to the labs?

Here's my opinion;

Maybe, just maybe, these people don't actually want him that bad if they're not willing to wait for him to come on when they are playing. 

Come on people, Vauban is 'God-tiered' for a reason, please don't increase the time limit on his alerts. Otherwise, with this newfound easy-to-get method, DE may even have to nerf him. Probably to balance out on how easy he'd be to get unless you buy him outright with platinum. Vauban was nerfed a few times already since the past couple of updates(Since U10 I think)

Here's my opinion;

Maybe, just maybe, these people don't actually want him that bad if they're not willing to wait for him to come on when they are playing. 

Come on people, Vauban is 'God-tiered' for a reason, please don't increase the time limit on his alerts. Otherwise, with this newfound easy-to-get method, DE may even have to nerf him. Probably to balance out on how easy he'd be to get unless you buy him outright with platinum. Vauban was nerfed a few times already since the past couple of updates(Since U10 I think)

He's not God tiered because he's hard to get. That's an absurd thing to say. It would also be absurd if DE nerfed Vauban if he were "easier" to get because they would be going down the wrong path - that of tiered frames via progression.

Besides, I don't think people understand the difference between "not easy to get because you have to complete challenges" and "not easy to get because of factors you can't control, e.g. the alert system". There's no reason why a fun frame like Vauban should be locked away behind pure RNG.

here's my idea, put valkyr as clantech, move nova to jupiter and have vauban on Naamah, Europa, just my idea

Except it makes sense for Valkyr to be from Jupiter. She's a product of the Zanuka Project, which is run by Alad V, who is on Jupiter. If anything, Nova should be clantech.

He's not God tiered because he's hard to get. That's an absurd thing to say. It would also be absurd if DE nerfed Vauban if he were "easier" to get because they would be going down the wrong path - that of tiered frames via progression.

Besides, I don't think people understand the difference between "not easy to get because you have to complete challenges" and "not easy to get because of factors you can't control, e.g. the alert system". There's no reason why a fun frame like Vauban should be locked away behind pure RNG.

Thats exacly my point but aparently people prefer the random alerts that always pop up when they are busy...

Besides, I don't think people understand the difference between "not easy to get because you have to complete challenges" and "not easy to get because of factors you can't control, e.g. the alert system"

Thank you for having logic. Please say this every day.

Here's my opinion;

If only I actually had a life and responsibilities outside of a game, luckily I can sit around with my thumb up my arse waiting for Booben alerts to pop up. Everyone else who doesn't have him is just an entitled whiner, because they actually have stupid crap like, jobs, families, girlfriends etc. Right, right?

If I could trade my parts I would give them out to people who are missing just one part.

I see them often enough to know that it isn't broken and removed from the tables, but that rarity needs to be turned down yo.

I think you are doing it wrong. 

You should have the whole solar system cleared before trying to get vauban. Consider booben like....void tier right now (in difficulty to get). With that said, if you can't do the whole solar system or make your way through then you're better off asking for a taxi and leech because that's essentially what you'll be doing (and did?). 

I think what they really need to do is add an option into the Warframe Nexus mobile app (and maybe also somewhere in the website) to "respond" to an alert remotely.  "Responding" on the mobile app or the website would give your account a few extra hours (5-10 maybe?) to complete that alert.  That way people who are watching alerts closely would be able to sort of "save" them and complete them later if they aren't available right away.  The ability to "respond" remotely could be limited to a few times per week (1-3?), or maybe start at zero and raise slowly with mastery rank (IE, you get one per week at Rank 3, two per-week at Rank 6, ect).

I think this is a pretty fair solution, and would also incentive people to use the Warframe mobile app and its notifications (which are pretty useless right now, because nine times out of ten, they amount to "hey, you just missed getting X!").    

I think what they really need to do is add an option into the Warframe Nexus mobile app (and maybe also somewhere in the website) to "respond" to an alert remotely.  "Responding" on the mobile app or the website would give your account a few extra hours (5-10 maybe?) to complete that alert.  That way people who are watching alerts closely would be able to sort of "save" them and complete them later if they aren't available right away.  The ability to "respond" remotely could be limited to a few times per week (1-3?), or maybe start at zero and raise slowly with mastery rank (IE, you get one per week at Rank 3, two per-week at Rank 6, ect).

I think this is a pretty fair solution, and would also incentive people to use the Warframe mobile app and its notifications (which are pretty useless right now, because nine times out of ten, they amount to "hey, you just missed getting X!").    

That would actually be pretty handy, DE did say they wanted to work on the App too and this may just be what it needs, and maybe been able to collect and send Drones to extract too