Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Carrier Vacuum Sound Is Really Annoying.

Digitalon

Within about 2 seconds of combat after starting a mission I noticed this rather strange noise(it kind of sounds like a Warframe ability, almost a warping distorted sound) that I thought was coming from the corpus as they died. Then I realized that it was coming from from my Carrier every time he picked up something. Needless to say by the end of the mission the sound was so annoying that I can't stand the thought of taking Carrier along on anymore missions. Has anyone else noticed it or is it just me?

Edit: After further testing on 3 different sentinels(carrier, shade, dethcube) I believe the sound and occasional screen shake is being caused directly by the sentinels using their unique abilities and by targeting enemies. I hope this information helps get a hotfix out as quickly as possible because in the mean time I'm going without sentinels.

Edited by Digitalon

Thats ultra annoying my sentinel make every 5 second that cast sound because of stuff on the floor and ammo mutation!!!!!!!!!!

Unplayable!!!

This make you in a 40min Survival Braindead.Change that fast!!!!!

This needs a hotfix very very fast.

Edited by K0bra

@Z3ROWOLFHD

Are you kidding me?I have to be happy because i cant use my warframe sound anymore because i have a scarf and a new sentinel?WTF!?!Your logic. I have that soundbug and its ultra annoying.My carrier sentinel make a cast sound for every piece he pick up.The problem is there are money,ammo(ammo mutation),mods,ressources,energy on the floor.Then his other casts.Can you image how annyoing that is?Sometimes he make 5 cast sounds in 2 seconds.5 seconds in my last post was friendly meaning.Then imagine 40 minutes survival.The whole floor is full of stuff.Make some math and you will understand it.That isnt fun.I made my sound out.

Be happy that you dont have that bug.Another people have it.

Edited by K0bra

OK I just did some more testing and I can confirm this isn't isolated to just the carrier. For instance whenever shade targeted an enemy it would slightly shake the screen and do the same sound the carrier was making, he would also make the sound when going invisible. I'll give another update once I've tested other sentinels more thoroughly.

I have all sounds on and I don't even hear anything... Stop complaining. All you people do is complain about updates, yet we got a new scarf thingy and a new sentinel. PLUS, the broken lights are no more.

We aren't complaining, we are providing valuable testing and feedback. This is still a beta, and that makes EVERYONE a beta tester.

This is really annoying. Not to mention the screen shakes as well. When your carrier is picking up an item every second or more, it really makes it hard to do anything. It actually kind of makes me want to throw my headphones against a wall and tear my eyes out it's so annoying. I don't think I will be using a sentinel anytime soon

Just did a few void runs and this is in fact extremely annoying, especially considering the fact sentinel abilities repeatedly trigger very quickly (especially Hellion, which seems to be trying to scan everything it sees, and Carrier, which has been discussed already.)

Can we have our (mostly) silent sentinels back, DE? The visual effects from the sentinels/abilities are often more than enough to indicate what the Sentinel in question is doing. (Occasional sound effects like Dethcube's Vaporize are okay, but this repeated monotone booping from our sentinels is in no way entertaining as that.)

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

PLEASE make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its destroying the game!!!!!!!

I almost formatted my hd because this is sooooooo bad, my  screen is shaking all over the place and the whooshing sound is maddening & deafening

this started after some update today!!!!!!!!!!!!