Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash's Ulti Blade Storm

Smoking-Ashes

So i love playing a ASH(my ign:)...anyways i love the animations of blade storm; however it is a very ineffective power to have when in a group. 1 Ex: your doing survival and you see a group of guys bunched up u hit ulti, you kill 3 guys and your squad already cleaned up all the other guys...meaning you just wasted 100 energy (or 70 if u have streamline) on 3 guys...its even worse when you have a nova on your team because then you will most likely get 1 kill -_-. 2 Ex: your in a dire situation you hit hit ulti, you are able to avoid dmg but your teammates cant 1 or more go down; your useless until animation is over and ulti will not finish off guys that are over lv 30 or so (heavies and the like)...if your lucky you finish animation before your squad bleed out...if not you have heavies shooting at you while you try to revive or squad dies (possibly even both)

WARFRAME is co-op play focused so why cant we(ASH plays get a ulti that is squad/strength/speed/AoE/or possibly even a group(your team or enemies) teleport type ulti...

for these reason i'd like opinions of ASH PLAYERS, what do you think should be ASH's ulti if it were to be changed? 

My 2 cents : have it be the same name Blade Storm; he jumps up and he throws multiple shuriken that ricochet like the glaive....upgrading it would increase number of shuriken and dmg or number of bounces and dmg... its fast, it'll be more effective if there are more enemies(why imo ulti's are there for) and it will cut down time

p.s. BLADE is a "sword" with 1 side whereas an actual sword has two sides

Sabers=blade  Excalibur=sword

just saying =)

Taken from a dictionary

"A blade is the flat sharp part of a weapon or tool that is used for cutting."

That being said, i use Fleeting Expertise and Blind range. It makes for the insane 4-5K Bladestorm hits, and 1k shurikens.

At high levels, i can still either one-shot or do 80-90% health damage to most heavy units in the game. Most lower level maps and mission im sad that most things get killed before the animation finishes, but for high level survival when all you have is nothing but ground-pound spam from grineer, or Fusion Moa's EVERYWHERE, BS is a nice thing to have.

I like Nova at higher levels, as MP doesnt kill much of anything (Without a blindrage/stretch build to get the most out of micro explosions) other than make me hit harder.

My only gripe with the ability as it stands is that Natural Talent only effects the initial teleport, where it should effect every single hit. Or, barring that, have dynamic targetting; the next bladestorm hit is determined after the first animation finishes. Making Ash jump only to living targets.

If either changes happens, it would fix the ability in my eyes.

At any rate, i love using him for T3 exterminates, as i dont really need to find all of the hiding corrupted, and i can one-shot infested healers.

its true you can use blind rage to increase power strength, however its at the cost of large amounts of energy....with fleeting expertise you can counter balance this; but then it makes Ash smoke screen completely useless with 4s at max...you can then suggest using narrow mind but then the B S size is also dramatically decreased...imo teleport is useless unless the DE make stealth reward system or something; anyways that limits Ash's power to 3 if u dont want to waste mod slots on those 2 mods; but if you do use those 2 mods then you are essentially limited to 2 powers and the shuriken stop being effective if you are doing a surv or def...then there was 1...B S

PS i was using my native lang in the blade/sword convo...i looked it in English diction but i still cant find the difference between double edged sword and a single edge one...but there most definitely is a big difference in the 2...idk why English doesnt have more terms for them

PPS im from southern asian/north eastern pakistan/india/punjab(i cant tell lol)....and from my knowledge china and korea have two or more terms for "sword" 

PPPS Amerr-i-ka (for some reason used as an a.k.a USA) always has to go against the grain...like the metric system XD 

i bladestorm and alt tab to pick next youtube songs

they've been ignoring player request to make bladestorm ... much more better.

ive suggested adding fear effect or throwing shurikens that 1hit kills including in bladestorm animation to make it faster too.

but ynow... our ideas might be trash on d.e.'s eyes. screw it

To be honest... I feel ash has a greater purpose that DE has not been able to fully bring out due to the lack of stuff in the game. As in he is more or less meant to be used solo, but they still need to add more stuff to bring out all his glory as a stealth offensive solo character.

marked victims that should have died at the end of the "cinematics" should be considered "dead" by the game just at the moment the power is cast, becoming effectively Invulnerable for the other players and statics/not responsives ?