Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[De] Do You Need A Hug?

DeathMavrik

No, they don't need a hug. They need to figure out why all of their most loyal players (and often spenders,) are leaving this game in droves.

Loyal? Pfft. "Loyalty until death. Strength in Unity." - TR Planetside 2.

I love this game and there many other "Loyal" player like me who are staying because DE are doing a brilliant job.

Don't hit your head on the way out of this thread hun.

Edited by Sutherland

I think any person that comes into this thread with the thought of talking bad about DE should know that they are prime Huggable targets

You have been warned

What Flesh is with in that warframe?

I....WILL, HUG YOU!

I......WILL....FILL MY ARMS WITH YOUR FACE!

I think any person that comes into this thread with the thought of talking bad about DE should know that they are prime Huggable targets

You have been warned

What Flesh is with in that warframe?

I....WILL, HUG YOU!

I......WILL....FILL MY ARMS WITH YOUR FACE!

...you better have something nice for my face to be pushed into if you're doing that.

Loyal? Pfft. "Loyalty until death. Strength in Unity." - TR Planetside 2.

I love this game and there many other "Loyal" player like me who are staying because DE are doing a brilliant job.

Don't hit your head on the way out of this thread hun.

However, these blind open acceptance type responses only encourages negative behavior.

Simply accepting flawed game design out of "loyalty" is a surefire way to be let down in the long run.

No matter how loyal you are, there is a breaking point where you can no longer support a game despite having fond memories of it. 

Case in point:

Warhammer Age of Reckoning

Ultima Online

Final Fantasy XI

Final Fantasy XIV (the best example really, the blind fandom nearly killed all marketability to the flawed game)

Gunz the Duel (only here because the fans demanded that the animation bugging to move fast K style, J style, be kept. They tried to market it as a feature, and then failed because it was a bug, and not an intended feature)

The list is endless, most of these games where iconic and "revolutionary" when they released, only to be bogged down by bad decisions.

Had their fanbases behaved in a similar fashion, which some did, all it would have done is speed up the inevitable decline of the title.

I digress, I do enjoy warframe, but blindly going "U guyz rock lol omg" and then Mobbing anyone who suggests otherwise because of a herd mentality isn't healthy, its stupid.

Edited by Nariala

The fanboyism, it reeks.  Although, they do have a point.  Some criticism is over the top.

Sooo, how is DE going to hug us in return?  With fun new missions design to address issues and satisfy customers?  Will DE hug us with a new design philosophy that recognizes that some player's tastes are mutually exclusive from other player's tastes and addresses that and promotes customer satisfaction?

Game devs are people too. They have real feelings. In the big league houses like EA and others you get bad working conditions and then you have to deal with players? It can be thankless at times.

People forget far too easily even with the livestreams that these are real people HUMANS no less with real lives who have made it their job to give you the best game possible. I dont mean to silence criticism but they need a hug from time to time. Just about any human does.

Just a reminder on who's coding this game.

Game devs are people too. They have real feelings. In the big league houses like EA and others you get bad working conditions and then you have to deal with players? It can be thankless at times.

People forget far too easily even with the livestreams that these are real people HUMANS no less with real lives who have made it their job to give you the best game possible. I dont mean to silence criticism but they need a hug from time to time. Just about any human does.

Just a reminder on who's coding this game.

Can i hug you for summarizing up, beautifully i might add, the overall point of this thread :D

-snip-

I digress, I do enjoy warframe, but blindly going "U guyz rock lol omg" and then Mobbing anyone who suggests otherwise because of a herd mentality isn't healthy, its stupid.

This thread was started out of fun and not intended as anything serious.  I fail to see how following the spirit of this thread is partaking a herd mentality.  I've noticed several users that are vocal, opinionated and always provide well thought out arguments for and against many of DE's changes, often against each other, here and participating in the silliness that is this thread.

eW1Hoa1.png

As far as "mobbing" people that say otherwise, it was clearly stated that this thread wasn't the place for "Here's what's wrong with DE and how we can fix them" and hugging them was the best solution to make them stop.  I haven't noticed anyone coming back after getting hugged, have you?

...oh, you're gone.

Edited by Noamuth

I need a hug, summed up the courage to try and join a clan (other than just me in my fully upgraded dojo), i hung out with the members for awhile, they wanted me to join!!!

But i took to long cause i was confused on how to transfer to clans and i got revoked the invitation.

First time courage, turns into last time ever.

A soloer I remain cold, calculated, alone

zFZiHoj.png

gaoXy9o.png

Add me in game, Ill team with you!

As soon as I stop crashing though.  -.-

Edited by Noamuth

However, these blind open acceptance type responses only encourages negative behavior.

Simply accepting flawed game design out of "loyalty" is a surefire way to be let down in the long run.

No matter how loyal you are, there is a breaking point where you can no longer support a game despite having fond memories of it. 

Case in point:

Warhammer Age of Reckoning

Ultima Online

Final Fantasy XI

Final Fantasy XIV (the best example really, the blind fandom nearly killed all marketability to the flawed game)

Gunz the Duel (only here because the fans demanded that the animation bugging to move fast K style, J style, be kept. They tried to market it as a feature, and then failed because it was a bug, and not an intended feature)

The list is endless, most of these games where iconic and "revolutionary" when they released, only to be bogged down by bad decisions.

Had their fanbases behaved in a similar fashion, which some did, all it would have done is speed up the inevitable decline of the title.

THIS!  +10000000000..........

Video game players are often such terrible consumers.

THIS!  +10000000000..........

Video game players are often such terrible consumers.

And this is further proved by Call of duty being a massive success and all other games that try to 'mimic' this end up failing eventually, aka RE5, 6 especially (Games where they were 'trying to attract call of duty fans'  there is a quote out there to that effect from a CEO!).  Look at Capcom's wallet, they are struggling because they SPAT in the eyes of loyal fans and went for the money makers. so.  Yea.

Also on the topic of GunZ, it wasent the K style stuff that broke it, it wasent the mechanics that sent it to its grave. It was the fact that people were hacking rapantly!  The developers stoped caring about their game and thus it died, NOT because of the fans but because people couldn't play a single game without people hacking in infinate stamina/health and the ability to spam Heavy attacks like a machine gun.  One second you'd have a regular match and then 'THESE' trolls would pop in.

Edited by Sibarian

And this is further proved by Call of duty being a massive success and all other games that try to 'mimic' this end up failing eventually, aka RE5, 6 especially (Games where they were 'trying to attract call of duty fans'  there is a quote out there to that effect from a CEO!).  Look at Capcom's wallet, they are struggling because they SPAT in the eyes of loyal fans and went for the money makers. so.  Yea.

Also on the topic of GunZ, it wasent the K style stuff that broke it, it wasent the mechanics that sent it to its grave. It was the fact that people were hacking rapantly!  The developers stoped caring about their game and thus it died, NOT because of the fans but because people couldn't play a single game without people hacking in infinate stamina/health and the ability to spam Heavy attacks like a machine gun.  One second you'd have a regular match and then 'THESE' trolls would pop in.

Try not to derail the thread remember

hugs_040.jpg