Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shields Have Become Over Valued

ukovalian

The idea behind shields a brilliant idea that has become a fundamental part of the game but the way the game is built and played has made it over valued. this is my suggestion to tweak it so that it is on par with health. A clear example of what i'm talking about is rhino and frost “ducking for cover” as soon as there shields are down, these frames are supposed to be able to operate with or without their shields

My suggestion:

The 6 “tank” high armor frames (rhino, frost, valkyr, sarryn and their respective primes) are given proto shields, that will not recharge but they need shield orbs to be sustained. Shield orbs restore 10% of total shields. These are half way in between nav cords and energy orbs in terms of looks. This will not stop shield regain from death orbs for primes and shield rechage will effect how much shields are gain from each orb

Edited by ukovalian

First of all do not name you title so controversially is is generally a $&*^ move as you know it will gain your thread attention but the wrong type.

Now your first suggestion I am almost certain is actually a thing as our shields do have weakness but not many enemies have weapons that can exploit those weakness.

You second idea is just plain bad there would be no difference between health and shields.

New shield type: recharging shields This is a prototype shield mainly, but not exclusively, used by tenno. Recharging shields will automatically recharge after a short period of time when it has stopped receiving damage. Recharge shields do how ever take 10% more damage from all types, 50% from impact and cold, and 75% from magnetic with -10% form puncture, and -20% from radiation

So your shield idea is what shields already do?

Right then.

I dont see why you find shields OP. Have you tried the higher levels? Enemys can easily destroy your shields if you arent carefull.

Your suggestion about a new shield type does not really change anything since shields already have those damage modifers. Even the ones used by Tenno. Only difference is that you have taken 5% from puncture and radiation.

Tenno that will not receive recharging shields:

Rhino, Rhino P, Frost, Frost P, Sayrn, and Excalibur

Er...

Rhino can probably live with Iron Skin.

But Excalibur? Saryn? REALLY? You want to put NON-RECHARGING SHIELDS on a frame with no actual defensive capabilities and a frame that's supposed to be tanky through her health and shields alone? I'm sorry, no. Just no. All of the no.

Energy weapons (most corpus weapons) do bonus damage against shields and less damage against health while Grineer weapons do more dmg against hp and less dmg against shields. So right now, they're balanced.

Grineer weapons are mainly impact, they do more damage against shields. Corpus weapons are mostly puncture, doing more damage to armor.

this to come too much of a crucial part of the game. even a max rank rhino cant go up against the high level mobs without a decent redirection. but now that you mention it over powered maybe the wrong term maybe more over valued

Shields are balanced by poison.

Level 40 Corpus with high shields can go out in seconds due to Acrid, and also Volt, a high shield holder, can barely survive a infestation, even with 700+ shields.

Shields are no area in the OP.

I don't need to wake up in the morning and see this as my first post.

Also, shields are meant to be rechargeable, you are not thinking about the endgame are you?