Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deconstructor Should Be Avaible For All Sentiels.

_Chaser

Whether you noticed it or not doesn't change the fact that the other sentinels don't have animations for such attacks.

That said, though, it would be interesting to turn the Deconstructor weapon into an external boomerang launcher for non-Helios sentinels, just so they're able to use it. So Helios would still throw bits of itself, but the others would effectively be launching external frisbees without the need for full redesigns.

Oo... hmm, while on that topic, what if they made it so that every weapon had a model that would be attached to the sentinel? 

So instead of flares and bullets coming out of their eyes, they have a separate guns attached to their sides/bottom? haha, that'd be cool.

this detail is honestly unimportant. when helios throws disc you can't see what exatly it is, other than some projectile, and to be fair, after running a few missions with it i never noticed it untill you told me.

You don't see the disk in travel.

However, you can see the sentinel break into parts above you, eventually leaving you with just a glow.

That was one of the first things I noticed, and wouldn't work with any other sentinel in the same way, or really in any other way.

So, as a result, I think that deconstructor should remain for helios alone.

yes, i want to have deconstructor on my shade because it make sense.

stealthy short range weapon that may benefit from crit chance on unalerted enemies on stealth sentinel like shade sounds pretty reasonable.

AND MAKE ENEMIES IGNORE SENTINELS. 

there is nothing more annoying than being spoted because of sentinel.

disclaimer: if you bother to post, please do post something constructive or usefull. otherwise, don't.

this thread featuring mechanics that is relevant to stealth.

if you have no idea what it is just think of something democratic like "every sentinel weapon should be avaible for all sentinels" and thats gonna be enough. 

thanks.

The whole different weapons thing I can get behind BUT the Deconstructor is A PART of the Helios  not an actual weapon so there is that. If enemies ignored sentinels it would mean that the tenno have an invulnerable, unlimited ammo toting, perfect aiming, unnoticed partner. See the problem there?

You don't see the disk in travel.

However, you can see the sentinel break into parts above you, eventually leaving you with just a glow.

That was one of the first things I noticed, and wouldn't work with any other sentinel in the same way, or really in any other way.

So, as a result, I think that deconstructor should remain for helios alone.

You can see the parts travel. It is referred to like a glaive because the parts are thrown out and then return.

http://youtu.be/aEGMnHCPuDY

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

The whole different weapons thing I can get behind BUT the Deconstructor is A PART of the Helios  not an actual weapon so there is that. If enemies ignored sentinels it would mean that the tenno have an invulnerable, unlimited ammo toting, perfect aiming, unnoticed partner. See the problem there?

so do you understand that it's extremely impractical to do stealth WITH sentinel rather that WITHOUT?

thats the reason why most of people running stealth missions aren't taking sentinels with them, even shade.

because when you are crouching, enemies FOV is limited, while sentinel still howering at your full stand height that makes enemies spot it.

if you are spoted it should be YOUR fault, not because your tool that is supposed to help you is too dumb to fly around and let everyone see it.

Edited by n7snk

Shade only shoots at enemies that have already spotted you...and are trying to attack you.

Edit: I think the sentinels should get lower when you crouch to also avoid fire. I always have. If they were at say head level that would be fine.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

Shade only shoots at enemies that have already spotted you...and are trying to attack you.

Edit: I think the sentinels should get lower when you crouch to also avoid fire. I always have. If they were at say head level that would be fine.

only when you equip a mod REVENGE

only when you equip a mod REVENGE

I am sorry I misunderstand... Is that not the benefit of using shade in a stealthy operation? That mod REVENGE is specifically purposed for that sentinel for that very reason. Which is also why the sentinel comes with the precept for invisibility also known as GHOST.

As I stated before I would like the weapon to be interchangeable too. I don't see it as feasible tho because the sentinel IS the weapon. I think the silencer mods should work better and that if the sentinels got out of sight when you did then you would not really have a need for this particular weapon on your shade for instance...Hell I think when the idea to interchange your weapons on your sentinels first came out that it was a bad idea... It took away from the individuality of the sentinel...

On account of the fact that the other sentinels are a single, solid unit with no detachable parts or system for reaccumulating bits of itself, I think giving Deconstructor to any other sentinel than Helios would give you a sentinel that tore itself to pieces on the first attack and had no way of rebuilding itself.

Sentinels that explode when they try to attack aren't going to help anyone.

You can see the parts travel. It is referred to like a glaive because the parts are thrown out and then return.

OK, I couldn't easily see them. My bad.

And I know that. I can see that it's quite clear that the parts are being thrown, just that I couldn't see the part in the bit flying.

Edited by Warriorrogue

So what you're saying is you actually didn't come here for feedback?

Every time somebody says something even slightly against your idea you either A: insult them, B: change it up or C: totally ignore it and act ignorant.

If you want to troll, go elsewhere. If you actually want to have a discussion on the forums without acting like a child every time somebody doesn't embrace your idea, then by all means stay.

YOu enable children...

Except that Helios disassembles itself to use the Deconstructor, meaning that while it appears in the inventory as a weapon, the weapon is the Sentinel itself. Which is why it's not interchangeable. That hardly constitutes a bug.

It's amusing to see you insult people for disagreeing with you when you asked for constructive feedback, though. Sure, the first few posts weren't that constructive, but is that any excuse to lower yourself to their levels?

hen the answer would be to turn the deconstructor into a weapon or attach the sentinel to another sentinel and viola, issue solved and the tradition of equipping sentinel weapons on other sentinels continues.

it's rather simple and possible and makes perfect sense for Carrier.

I'm having trouble believing that the OP is serious.

Oh yes, nevermind the fact that Helios' model actually changes when it attacks because it is the weapon. Let's just make it so every other sentinel can do it too so they can use the animations and models that do not exist for them.

...wait a second.

The other sentinels don't exactly have parts of themselves available to be taken off and thrown at an enemy......it just won't work

The Shade has those floppy arms with which it could slap enemies. Or perhaps a smaller version of Infested Ancients' extendo-tentacle attacks.