Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Danglies

XxMAGGOTxX

It would be cool if we had more customization options for our guns. Think of this, a Soma with a drum mag that addsan extra 30 rounds but decreases accuracy or something else a bit. Or optic sights to increase accuracy. It would allow some stacking, or putting in a compromise to a mod that you can't put on. I just thought some weapon danglies would be cool.

It would be cool if we had more customization options for our guns. Think of this, a Soma with a drum mag that addsan extra 30 rounds but decreases accuracy or something else a bit. Or optic sights to increase accuracy. It would allow some stacking, or putting in a compromise to a mod that you can't put on. I just thought some weapon danglies would be cool.

Lol i think adding the optical sights would defeat the purpose of the game being 3rd person... >_>

seems quite redundant. 

Mods already achieve this purpose, having component swap outs would just be Mods for our Mods so we can mod while we mod?

i like visual creativity for Equipment as much as the next guy, but it'd still be redundant.

Edited by taiiat

^ This, We have deeper customization than the add-ons in your common FPS. You can get additional zoom range, less recoil, all that jazz.

which come at the cost of sacrificing damage/reload/rof/etc

some mods imho should not consume essential mod slots and should be a form of minor modification that require different slots and as mentioned ideally such mods should be like corrupt mods, increase something at a cost to something else.

ie: a minor mod which improves accuracy when crouching but reduces rate of fire by a hefty chunk while doing so.

plenty of other things could be done thats just 1 cheap/quick example.

We don't really have any accuracy increasing mods, so I thought an optic sight would be nice. Not that you would look directly through it, but it would increase your accuracy and decrease something else. Ammo capacity mods don't really need to be taking up a mod slot in my opinion. But if you were able to put a drum mag on your Soma, it would not only look cool but also keep another mod slot free. Not to mention, I dislike the look of the Soma when the magazine is near empty... I'm very particular about my cosmetics haha. 

Came in expecting danglies in context of little skulls or fuzzy dice to hang from the weapons, not attachments.

But anyways, I could be wrong, but I think I recall the devs stating in a livestream or something that they're considering adding visual representations of some of the mods. (if my memory is not mistaken and someone can link that to this thread, that'd be great.)