Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Devstream 25] Old Helmets Losing Stats : De, There Are Better Ways To Do This

ZephyrPhantom

i wish they can just make the old helm into two different type. Why not just give player the option of using skin or stats? It would certainly satisfy everyone.  

No it wouldn't the obvious choice would be to bite the bullet and choose the one you dislike with the stats that you do like.  The only way to resolve this is to make it so you can choose the specific stat change your helmet gives you from an options pool.

Edited by Brozime

Plenty of videos showing Thrak helmeted Rhinos reaching extraction well before their teammates...proper use of parkour

Yeah it's called Rush lol. People are min/maxing and they don't want to give up free state bonuses for their build. They want Uber frames. "He's slow!!!!" Well then play a fast frame. I will rumble on with my thrak helmet and frost lol

This is one thing that has always bothered me about DE how they do one thing, then reverse course. I do agree with the person who said it should be gear and added at the players option for those who want more of a challenge. As for myself I like my Vanguard Helmet added to my Rhino Prime, my whole point to playing is to acquire gear that helps me survive longer, for me that is where my fun comes from.  

Based on the latest livestream, any helmets obtained after a certain update will no longer have stat boosts.

If you had a helmet that gave a stat boost, you will get an optional blueprint to remove those stat boosts if you want to.

WRONG!

They said that they will give you the BP for the non stat helmet but leave the others in your inventory.

/thread

I would agree with them making them more generalized; as in converting the stat changing aspect to some new item that can be gotten/put on different warframes. This of course would possibly dilute the loot tables further which may actually be disliked by a lot of players.

On the other hand; I'm quite fine with helmets being strictly cosmetic. I'd actually prefer it if the stats were removed entirely (meaning even the ones that already have been gotten ALSO lose stats), but as was mentioned too many people would bawl at this idea even though any warframe past Nova doesn't have any stats at all for any helmet.

I'm reminded of the question asked to DE as to why they stopped adding stat modifying aspects to hats but thats months ago by now I think. Hopefully this will just be a temporary solution in a way; till DE can come up with a more long term way of giving players stat boosts to their warframes while also allowing for full cosmetic customization of hats.

P.S. Still think the Emblem idea is a rather sound one to be honest.