Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Devstream 25] Old Helmets Losing Stats : De, There Are Better Ways To Do This

ZephyrPhantom

This is $&*&*#(%&.

You really want to create such difference between new and old players DE ? Especially new Rhino players who will not understand why they can never have such speed boost ? It's not like it was some founder, exclusive item or something right ?

Have some balls and remove all stats from helmet like you said before.

Unless it is ANOTHER incentive to buy Rhino Prime (1.0 speed) using Platinum with Prime access or trade channel. Yeah, I can see that.

Edited by Hyunsai

I dont think they would bother for drastic change and too listen cry and flames just because Rhino prime,

But same as with nerf calls for weapons  eventualy they will listen and remove stats,

Just too avoid seeing  mega thread 42 pages (espected until tommorow)

They have balls too stand against wishes of many that is brave.

But they will crack under pressure.
Edited by SALE94

I'm also interested if, in the future, the helmet stats will be either nerfed when the new focus system comes online to prevent power creep or won't stack ie: the highest characteristic will be applied. ie: You get 10% power strength on a helmet and can get up to 15% strength via the focus system, but they don't stack. You get one or the other, not both. Might make for some interesting variations in builds.

Oh and the Bacon helm needs a nerf down to other helm's lvls ie: 10/15% speed and -5% power strength if they're going to keep it. Or DE haven't learnt anything and ignored the problem all together. There's usually a learning curve to Devs balancing MP games, but ignoring it completely often causes problems.

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid

To be fair, some purchased these helmets with real money based solely on the stats (some, including myself, through alerts).  It would not be fair to those people (and bad business for DE) to nerf all helmets.

And be carefull what you wish for.  Asking for an across the board nerf on one item will open doors to more nerfs in the future, since the community is giving them precedent to do so.

You'd think that real money would mean something to a business.  In a normal business, when people buy something from you, it's a signal to keep producing that product.  In video games, it's a signal that people are enjoying the game too much.  Fun not allowed!  Pure genius.

Yeah, unless in doing so it strangles it's own market because the product is no longer desirable for various reasons and it dies. You haven't studied economics have you? Or you would have realised this is an incredibly short term view.

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid

To be fair, some purchased these helmets with real money based solely on the stats (some, including myself, through alerts).  It would not be fair to those people (and bad business for DE) to nerf all helmets.

And be carefull what you wish for.  Asking for an across the board nerf on one item will open doors to more nerfs in the future, since the community is giving them precedent to do so.

give back the plat to those who bought the helmets, end of the drama.

and is not a nerf when you ask a complete system to be erased, stats in cosmetics was bad implemented, time to delete the mistake and move on to more important things.

Edited by omega_phoenix

Rethinking the effects after some discussion, I think a much better move would've been to separate the stat mods into a separate kind of non-cosmetic slot, such as an "emblem" or "gear" that could be equipped by a frame, which would allow players to use whatever helmet they wanted but at the same time allow both new and old players to use some rather useful builds that helmets helped support, meaning everyone wins. (These emblems could also be acquired through alerts.)

Also suggested this particular option once before (as a chest badge), and yes I feel this is a much better way of retaining helmet stats, while making older helms consistent with the newer statless ones. They should give newer players the ability to play around with non-mod stats like the old helmets do, while at the same time allowing those who like a particular helm's look to not have to worry about screwing up their stat builds. It will also allow said separate stat items to be introduced to the newer Warframes that already have statless helms (Nova, Valkyr, Nekros, Oberon, Zephyr).

Well, if you bought it with money, and you already have the helmet, you should have nothing to fear. Any helmet already crafted will not be reverted to the statless helmets. They will basically be "antiques" from them on; you will treasure the stat helmets you already have since they will become one of a kind.

luk DE u r not alod 2 mke my helm statles i liek it the way it is becus i hav a vangard helm. y wud u stop me from being op? u guys suk.

No but in all seriousness:

Can I have both? I'd like to keep my old helmets as trophies but at the same time have equal grounds with newbies. :(

Edited by Sutherland

@Zerrien
You want an example of another game that nerfed very powerful items and let the people that have them keep them exactly as they were when they got them?  Path of Exile.
There are tons of legacy items in PoE.  And if you have one you have quite a bit more powerful of an item than the currently available ones.  And the devs there went "Why should we invalidate the effort that went into getting the pre-nerf version of the item?" so they allowed the people who managed to get the pre-nerf items to keep the original stats.
And last I checked PoE was doing quite well......so I doubt WarFrame will suffer because of this....

Now that I think about it, I'm sure the current plan is the result of politicking between different interests at DE, a compromise between game design and having to make a profit. But I'd still much rather see something like the OP describes, especially if they were made into invisible stat boosters that could be found on alert and be bought in the market. Hey, that could be an even better way for DE to make money while retaining player choice for ALL players!

Edited by Noble_Cactus

All this complaining that DE didn't do what you wanted them to...

When are y'all going to learn to pick your battles?

For my part, I'm totally happy and think the course taken is fair.

Of course... I have all the helmets with stats and can actually afford to sit back and smirk at the players who whined and complained about a helm that gave one player a ghetto rush mod while most of those whining got extra Efficiency, Stretch, Flow, and Intensity benefits.

Hope you got your helmets...

When new players complain about them not being available I'm going to promptly explain to them that the whiners on the forums cost them those nifty helmets.

It's going to be a parable used to teach posters to only make complaints when an issue is actually relevant and when they can do so constructively.

Of course... I have all the helmets with stats and can actually afford to sit back and smirk at the players who whined and complained about a helm that gave one player a ghetto rush mod while most of those whining got extra Efficiency, Stretch, Flow, and Intensity benefits.

When new players complain about them not being available I'm going to promptly explain to them that the whiners on the forums cost them those nifty helmets.

It's going to be a parable used to teach posters to only make complaints when an issue is actually relevant and when they can do so constructively.

But OMG Rhino is so fast he is OP nerf ok because I want to be fast ok!

You, sir, I like the cut of your jib. This is a very interesting argument that I hadn't considered.

Thats a nice sentiment. Im not sure they would get the message even then though...

I just want to know if I can have both (new and old) as I wont the stat-less ones but don't wont to give up retired items to get them.

Edit:

I'm hoping for a system that lets you have both and changes the names of the retired ones EX.

Retired: Vanguard Rhino Helmet ( R )

New: Vanguard Rhino Helmet

So you can have both and tell them apart.

Edited by (PS4)Darkrai848

The fact that you're getting upvotes disappoints me, a bit. It was a very clear-cut issue with a very clear-cut solution that was muddied up by DE making a wishy-washy decision instead of making a clear point of all stats are gone, or simply separating the stats and the cosmetics, which I should add is what largely what was wanted.

You also can't be elitist and smug about items you have and others done while still saying that 'whiners' were the cause of the schism in the first place. That's like saying that protesters wanting higher wages and instead getting longer hours is 'their fault' because it's 'what they wanted.' It's not, someone higher up misunderstood or just didn't bother.