The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Small Question To Fellow Veteran Players

Deidaku

Literally the only reason I bought vectis was to have some fun getting people through the walls at Lua and Eurasia :P

I usually go nyx, and show off chaos and absorb (those spawn rates are insane on the new guys)

Literally the only reason I bought vectis was to have some fun getting people through the walls at Lua and Eurasia :P

I usually go nyx, and show off chaos and absorb (those spawn rates are insane on the new guys)

We have the same loadout :O

i love you XD

I went to Terminus the other day to get the last few exp I needed for my Synapse and help out some new players while I was at it. Ended up finding a solo Ember with starter gear. Suddenly I got the Stalker warning and thought "Oh, I'm not sure if I'm equipped to handle this..." So I hopped on a box to try to get a vantage point and told the Ember to come to where I was.

Stalker appeared and died in less than a second to an unforma'd Acrid.

Unfortunately, he didn't drop anything. I was hoping he would so the new guy would get an awesome Dread or Despair blueprint, but sadly that was not the case. I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking that whole time, though.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Sometimes I do... But I've been doing it less and less in the past months because I experienced some players to rage when they see Veteran players join and unavoidably take the lead in the mission, because they know where to go, how to deal with certain enemies, whatever.

I always try to lean back and let the lower ranked players handle the situation because why should I take the fun from them, but still some players don't like it having Vets there.

Doesn't even help if I equip new low ranked gear and want to bring it to a decent level... They don't know if it's low ranked or not and seemingly judge by seeing my mastery rank and want me to leave. Not happening always, but lately it's been too often. That's why I started to solo low-level missions if I've to do them for some unknown reason. Only join mid to high-level missions when playing online.

I would be in favor of a panic button for Tennos being in danger... Sending out a distress signal to other players, so veteran players know where their help is needed and are able to join and help them through the situation.

Sometimes I do... But I've been doing it less and less in the past months because I experienced some players to rage when they see Veteran players join and unavoidably take the lead in the mission, because they know where to go, how to deal with certain enemies, whatever.

I always try to lean back and let the lower ranked players handle the situation because why should I take the fun from them, but still some players don't like it having Vets there.

Doesn't even help if I equip new low ranked gear and want to bring it to a decent level... They don't know if it's low ranked or not and seemingly judge by seeing my mastery rank and want me to leave. Not happening always, but lately it's been too often. That's why I started to solo low-level missions if I've to do them for some unknown reason. Only join mid to high-level missions when playing online.

I would be in favor of a panic button for Tennos being in danger... Sending out a distress signal to other players, so veteran players know where their help is needed and are able to join and help them through the situation.

that is actually a very good idea.

The marking button isn't good enough . It's just for mods and direction

What is the definition of Veteran to you? I see some answers, but what really is veteran? Is it OP and you kill everything, is that Veteran?

Or is it the fact that you know it all in and out and master everything beyond what you think you know(it's like driving a car, playing the favourite game of yours and you know every detail down to the pixel)? Like when you jump ingame, its the feeling of being somewhere you belong. Somewhere people look up to you, because they know you got it no matter what situation you in. You adapt to survive, no matter how S#&$ the gear is. If you see a player is lost, you go to them, and they follow you. I even hold doors open for my lost friends. I encourage them to do thing they would never do.

And when they do it, they feel a little bit safer, and a little less lost. A little more understanding of that one thing, you know?

Letting them know about combos, asking if they have those abilities on to know how to guide them through a safe game. letting them know how the abilities work in general, letting them know abour radius and effect upon what they are doing.

For example how a radius on most abilities are, "imagine a sphere around you tenno" Letting them know about blind before the game is lost because of a frustrated tenno being attacked by 30 enemies at once. "PRESS 2!! DO IT, DO IT NAAAOW!!!" And they usually respond with a flash and the game is saved...Just to make them understand and adapt. I will do on purpose a suicidal thing to do, but lessons are rarely learned before they happen... (human life of most humans, dont know untill it has happened to them or someone close to them)

But when they dont, they reply after we lost, with "I dont know, I dont have that on" And that my friends, is why Warframe needs a little deeper parlament on how abilities are, how they should be used in different situations. because frankly, for a Veteran like me, I do understand the feeling of not understanding. Or even the feeling of wanting to have right, when you clearly have no idea. But if we encourage them right, they will listen. It's like a child, you gotta start somewere. Some learn fast, or pick up things of earlier stages in life.

And some takes some time, because they got forced to play this? Or their brains are not so capable of learning faster than others. But enough downtalk, we are here to help. We are here to encourage the new Tenno. "The more, the stronger, the less the better". Dont mind that phrase but thats how I feel when this is out every day encounter. But if they do not listen to the help they are getting, then they can stay in those mindless bodies that "god" gave them. And continue whining, and praying to god that they must nerf this and nerf that. That thing does a little to you, after a 5 forma build you do expect a little more than a mid-class build. But whenever a new tenno comes along to see how well that 5 forma build worked for you, they gotta drag that little smile down with S#&$talk on the chat and the forums. (Not that I do care, but one day, with enough DE might actually care and go beyond what they intended to do. Thats when I care, just a tad.)  

I might have been quite harsh now but I think most got my point. Just adapt for gods sake, adapt and take advice from those whom you see knows their S#&$ (yes you might hate the guy being M15 and having all kiindz of gear, but grow the F*** up with that attitude). If you got in a situation, worst case senario. A car crash, a fight, what would you do? Stand there mindless, or watch the other become mindless and frozen? That have happen to many times in this human territory. Just adapt, might be easy to say, might be better ways to put this. But im tired, my mind is overloading. And my patience for questions does get to me. When the answer is right there.... In you'r great minds people. For once in your lifetime, use it. Or Try to use it, beause I know all people have great minds, but the courage, the "lock" is not always, or always there.

So dont let this be a thing you now read and say, this guy hates me or thinks im a dumbass. I ensure you, I dont. I just want you to think, I want you to do what you do best. We are engineers! We have adapted years upon years, why stop that because of a little stupid comment? Go on, and make some epic stuff now. If its warframe, encourage yourself to be the best, be you'r best of what you can deliver. But also, have respect upon the Tenno, or others in general.

This was just a open minded comment, do not make this affect you or any as a tenno to quit or do whatever you are doing. This comment had so many profanities this might get a warning. Im just fed up with some thoughts upon deeper level S#&$. 

What is the definition of Veteran to you? I see some answers, but what really is veteran? Is it OP and you kill everything, is that Veteran?

Or is it the fact that you know it all in and out and master everything beyond what you think you know(it's like driving a car, playing the favourite game of yours and you know every detail down to the pixel)? Like when you jump ingame, its the feeling of being somewhere you belong. Somewhere people look up to you, because they know you got it no matter what situation you in. You adapt to survive, no matter how S#&$ the gear is. If you see a player is lost, you go to them, and they follow you. I even hold doors open for my lost friends. I encourage them to do thing they would never do.

And when they do it, they feel a little bit safer, and a little less lost. A little more understanding of that one thing, you know?

Letting them know about combos, asking if they have those abilities on to know how to guide them through a safe game. letting them know how the abilities work in general, letting them know abour radius and effect upon what they are doing.

For example how a radius on most abilities are, "imagine a sphere around you tenno" Letting them know about blind before the game is lost because of a frustrated tenno being attacked by 30 enemies at once. "PRESS 2!! DO IT, DO IT NAAAOW!!!" And they usually respond with a flash and the game is saved...Just to make them understand and adapt. I will do on purpose a suicidal thing to do, but lessons are rarely learned before they happen... (human life of most humans, dont know untill it has happened to them or someone close to them)

But when they dont, they reply after we lost, with "I dont know, I dont have that on" And that my friends, is why Warframe needs a little deeper parlament on how abilities are, how they should be used in different situations. because frankly, for a Veteran like me, I do understand the feeling of not understanding. Or even the feeling of wanting to have right, when you clearly have no idea. But if we encourage them right, they will listen. It's like a child, you gotta start somewere. Some learn fast, or pick up things of earlier stages in life.

And some takes some time, because they got forced to play this? Or their brains are not so capable of learning faster than others. But enough downtalk, we are here to help. We are here to encourage the new Tenno. "The more, the stronger, the less the better". Dont mind that phrase but thats how I feel when this is out every day encounter. But if they do not listen to the help they are getting, then they can stay in those mindless bodies that "god" gave them. And continue whining, and praying to god that they must nerf this and nerf that. That thing does a little to you, after a 5 forma build you do expect a little more than a mid-class build. But whenever a new tenno comes along to see how well that 5 forma build worked for you, they gotta drag that little smile down with S#&$talk on the chat and the forums. (Not that I do care, but one day, with enough DE might actually care and go beyond what they intended to do. Thats when I care, just a tad.)  

I might have been quite harsh now but I think most got my point. Just adapt for gods sake, adapt and take advice from those whom you see knows their S#&$ (yes you might hate the guy being M15 and having all kiindz of gear, but grow the F*** up with that attitude). If you got in a situation, worst case senario. A car crash, a fight, what would you do? Stand there mindless, or watch the other become mindless and frozen? That have happen to many times in this human territory. Just adapt, might be easy to say, might be better ways to put this. But im tired, my mind is overloading. And my patience for questions does get to me. When the answer is right there.... In you'r great minds people. For once in your lifetime, use it. Or Try to use it, beause I know all people have great minds, but the courage, the "lock" is not always, or always there.

So dont let this be a thing you now read and say, this guy hates me or thinks im a dumbass. I ensure you, I dont. I just want you to think, I want you to do what you do best. We are engineers! We have adapted years upon years, why stop that because of a little stupid comment? Go on, and make some epic stuff now. If its warframe, encourage yourself to be the best, be you'r best of what you can deliver. But also, have respect upon the Tenno, or others in general.

This was just a open minded comment, do not make this affect you or any as a tenno to quit or do whatever you are doing. This comment had so many profanities this might get a warning. Im just fed up with some thoughts upon deeper level S#&$. 

Don't worry i'm not offended X)

I consider myself a veteran because I've been playing the game for months, love to give advice  and participate in the community. , and as you said can adapt relatively well to a situation. 

So let me get your post , sorry if I misunderstood but it's really long XD

: Every player like ourselves who have played a decent amount of time  and know the ropes of the game should be patient and always help new players when they can? 

that is actually a very good idea.

The marking button isn't good enough . It's just for mods and direction

Actually I mean they should be able to send a distress signal to the starchart. There they should be grouped together in a pool of distress signals like the alert missions only shown to more experienced players (probably dependend on Mastery Rank to gurantee that you're actually able to help them). Once you click on them you will be assigned to a random distress one of the players sent and join their mission and be able to help them.

It would be a nice feature for the space stations... So people could hang out and once there's a distress signal from another Tenno in the region all the available spacestation lurkers could agree on who comes to the rescue.

I imagine it being like in the Alien vs Predator: Requiem movie... Tenno's in danger send out a distress... and veterans respond to it and try to drop in and help them.

Edited by MeduSalem

I've not done this recently. Hell, the few times I've gone back to Earth to play the Interception missions I've gotten stressed out because the others guys weren't good...

Now that I think of it in terms of new players, I feel like a complete &#!. Today, I help the new guys!

I've yet to find myself without anything to do really, but once I've sometimes had the desire to go and do that sort of thing.  Actually, I've considered orienting my clan towards that purpose maybe, recruiting new players and showing them the ropes before setting them free to join bigger clans if they so choose.

Granted, I've also considered making Nintenno Power an actual "e-magazine" or sorts too for covering various Warframe topics and providing tips and hints.

Don't worry i'm not offended X)

I consider myself a veteran because I've been playing the game for months, love to give advice  and participate in the community. , and as you said can adapt relatively well to a situation. 

So let me get your post , sorry if I misunderstood but it's really long XD

: Every player like ourselves who have played a decent amount of time  and know the ropes of the game should be patient and always help new players when they can? 

Pretty much :D But if they dont accept a little help. Then what to do :'D

no... I am usually on trading chat trying to make some extra plat. Better use of my time I think. 

hmm thats whats kills the only purpose of the game (atm). Why farm iff u can take the short way and buy everything? And furthermore- what are you going to do after getting items? Playing the all same gameplay...

Actually I mean they should be able to send a distress signal to the starchart. There they should be grouped together in a pool of distress signals like the alert missions only shown to more experienced players (probably dependend on Mastery Rank to gurantee that you're actually able to help them). Once you click on them you will be assigned to a random distress one of the players sent and join their mission and be able to help them.

It would be a nice feature for the space stations... So people could hang out and once there's a distress signal from another Tenno in the region all the available spacestation lurkers could agree on who comes to the rescue.

I imagine it being like in the Alien vs Predator: Requiem movie... Tenno's in danger send out a distress... and veterans respond to it and try to drop in and help them.

Even more awesome!

Especially in those Eath intercetpions where 2 team members gve up because they're out of revives XD