Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios Deconstructor - Feedback

LazerusKI

The idea of a melee-sentinel was not bad, but the weapon...is

Bug:

First of all there is a bug where the weapon wont scale with damage increasing mods.

After it is fixed i would bet it acts like a normal non-charged melee attack.

Damage-Scaling:

Ok, there the problems begin, Charge attack has enough mods to scale very high, while normal damage mods are very rarely. 5 out of 8 possible mods on a glaive can increase the charge attack damage and speed.

But still, thats not all.

Compared to other weapons the melee-type weapons is even weaker.

A Melee weapon can be increased with

Pressure point - 120% Damage

Spoiled Strike - 100% Damage, -20% Speed

Fury - 60% Speed

so 220% damage and 40% Speed

a Charge Weapon can be increased with

Killing Blow - 150% Damage

Corrupt Charge - 100% Damage, -28% Speed

Rending Strike - 60% Damage

Focus Energy - 40% Speed, 60% Electricity

Reflex Coil - 60% Speed

so 310% Damage, 60% Electricity, 72% Speed

A Rifle can be increased with

Serration - 165% Damage

Split Chamber - 90% Mutlishot

Heavy Caliber - 165% Damage, -55% Accuracy

Speed Trigger - 60% Speed

Shred - 30% Speed, 1,2 PT

so 90% Multishot, 330% Damage, 90% Speed, -55% Accuracy, 1,2PT

On very big factor on all the other weapons is Multishot.

i think the diffrence should be clear now. And i have not touched the elemental damage types (besides focus energy)

And the 50 Impact damage of the Deconstructor is not that high compared to a fully modded stinger or sweeper i think.

Derp-Factor

Ok, then there is the point that Helios acts weird when it comes to shooting.

Sometimes he fires a 3 shot burst, sometimes he just looks at the enemy and derps, he acts like he has a retard-chip implemented.

Cosmetic:

The Sound is a little bit too low to be heard in a firefight, and the Projectile-Color should glow.

Currently i think the projectile is grey, that looks ugly :s

A Projectile that would glow with the energy color would be much better in aspects of visibility and player-design

Also the Weapon can ONLY be equipped with Helios...thats sad.

Positive:

He aims for the head.

Summary:

I like the idea of this weapon, but it could need some work

I can only agree wholeheartedly, the weapon is very poor, granted this may be due to the damage scaling but it just is not in any way viable for anything but going to run through low level content and I hope its tuned to be more effective, hopefully there will be some nice new melee mods with melee 2.0(soon)

i agree...also as i mentioned in another topic i think it would be great idea to give some function on his codex for people who have  enough codex, such as do a smaller radial blind when taking codex to blind/ stun enemies in close radius. just having the codex isnt too useful after awhile.

Made for melee 2.0

i bet the hit from sentinel will go in your combo counter...  (the more combo the more damage output)

and with that in mind.

not much more to say

Edited by Tsoe

Another big gray area with the Deconstructor is the ricochet effect. I am positive it actually bounces, but it is so hard to see and so hard to tell if it is even effective. For me this brings up several other questions concerning it:

Does it actually throw multiple projectiles?  If so, would it be more effective to have all the projectiles have additional bounces? What if decreasing the bounces actually adds to the attack speed? Is the attack speed based on the total projectiles out, or is it something else?

I just feel that the knowledge we have is so limited...

Made for melee 2.0

i bet the hit from sentinel will go in your combo counter...  (the more combo the more damage output)

and with that in mind.

not much more to say

for that he should first start to attack ;)

as i said, he is derped.

It's a very cool looking sentinel, but I have to agree with most of the points above.  Helios isn't responsive at all 66% of the time.  The programming of the other sentinels (not mod programming, the AI) behave the way they really should.

At the moment it's really weird that we don't know what damage mods work on it.

I hope it's fixed soon.

It's a very cool looking sentinel, but I have to agree with most of the points above.  Helios isn't responsive at all 66% of the time.  The programming of the other sentinels (not mod programming, the AI) behave the way they really should.

At the moment it's really weird that we don't know what damage mods work on it.

I hope it's fixed soon.

Only damage boost that will work on base damage is Heavy Trauma and elemental mod types, on a side note it seems to share mods with melee weapons without giving you the "ERMAHGERD this (Insert mod here) is equipped on (stabbing implement of choice) do you like wanna auto-correct?" which is nice and I'm honestly hoping it was intended if not then S#&$ I just DE its bugged that way.

Only damage boost that will work on base damage is Heavy Trauma and elemental mod types, on a side note it seems to share mods with melee weapons without giving you the "ERMAHGERD this (Insert mod here) is equipped on (stabbing implement of choice) do you like wanna auto-correct?" which is nice and I'm honestly hoping it was intended if not then S#&$ I just DE its bugged that way.

Yup.  I found that Fury increases it's attack rate from 1.3 to 2.0 and yes heavy trauma and elementals are confirmed to show on Arsenal UI stats, but yeah it's really weird not being able to increase damage via Pressure Point, Killing Blow, Spoiled Stike, Corrupted Charge, etc.

One would assume it mods like a Glaive, but we don't really know for sure.

Yup.  I found that Fury increases it's attack rate from 1.3 to 2.0 and yes heavy trauma and elementals are confirmed to show on Arsenal UI stats, but yeah it's really weird not being able to increase damage via Pressure Point, Killing Blow, Spoiled Stike, Corrupted Charge, etc.

One would assume it mods like a Glaive, but we don't really know for sure.

Whirlwind works as well and is actually rather useful since it makes the projectile travel faster it boosts his attack speed, Power Throw will let it go through thin objects like railings or the very top edge of a shield Lancer's shield.

Whirlwind works as well and is actually rather useful since it makes the projectile travel faster it boosts his attack speed, Power Throw will let it go through thin objects like railings or the very top edge of a shield Lancer's shield.

Yeah I have those equipped too.  I'd really like more damage though...  At the moment I guess the way to go would be a corrosive/blast combo (cicero and tethra mods to enhance the high status) and blast for knockdown utility.