The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Vandal?

BloodKitten

Unfortunately, it'll be remaining as an exclusive for closed beta testers. I'm not too broken up about it anymore, I've got a Braton Prime, pretty much the same thing.

I dunno about that one. From what I've heard from the developers during livestreams, the only items that are remaining exclusive and not coming back are the founders gear. They said everything else is just "in the Disney Vault".

I dunno about that one. From what I've heard from the developers during livestreams, the only items that are remaining exclusive and not coming back are the founders gear. They said everything else is just "in the Disney Vault".

That's pretty much because the Founder's Gear is the one that causes the most ruckus. Most people don't even bring up these two weapons anymore.

I own these two weapons, though I don't mind them being re-released if they do it like Team Fortress 2 did with the Ghastly Gibus, Ghastlier Gibus, Ghastlierest Gibus etc. 

(Meaning give previous owners of the Vandals an exclusive skin, if the community really wants the Vandal)

That being said, I still don't see it happening though. DE should have learnt a thing or two about keeping their word by now. 

I have a braton and lato vandal, suck it, nerds!

Just kidding. Well, no, I do have those weapons, and I'm going to feel moderately less special if they come out, but you know, swag isn't everything.

Just kidding, it is. I used to really think I wanted everyone to have every weapon but seeing how many people don't have the vandals makes me feel this sadistic joy, the only way I can drown out the feeling of not having the lato prime.

That's pretty much because the Founder's Gear is the one that causes the most ruckus. Most people don't even bring up these two weapons anymore.

I own these two weapons, though I don't mind them being re-released if they do it like Team Fortress 2 did with the Ghastly Gibus, Ghastlier Gibus, Ghastlierest Gibus etc. 

(Meaning give previous owners of the Vandals an exclusive skin, if the community really wants the Vandal)

That being said, I still don't see it happening though. DE should have learnt a thing or two about keeping their word by now. 

What do you mean, there were like 30 threads about brandals and landals for the anniversary. DE said they're going to rerelease vandals at some point. So they would be keeping their word by releasing them, not NOT releasing them. Livestream 17 at 0:23:20 on Youtube is Steve talking about it.

Edited by VegetableBasket

What do you mean, there were like 30 threads about brandals and landals for the anniversary. DE said they're going to rerelease vandals at some point. So they would be keeping their word by releasing them, not NOT releasing them. Livestream 17 at 0:23:20 on Youtube is Steve talking about it.

Relax man. Though what was it compared to the 100+ threads on Founder's gear, and more to come? 

Also, I don't recall him specifically pinpointing the Weekend Stress Test reward and the Closed Beta reward? These are some arguably more unique circumstances, so I'm not sure about re-releasing them. It may still happen anyways, I don't know what DE does anymore.

Though it seems I'm contributing to the massive flame-war that may come again. I hate myself.

I have Lato Vandal i was in closed beta briefly when it had just started, my computer was kinda bad and i could not really run the game enjoyably, so i retired for a while until i could afford a better one, i got Lato Vandal nonetheless.

Both lato Vandal and Braton Vandal are closed beta and open beta special offer weapons (respectively), and i would not mind at all if Lato Vandal was re released. I don't need to be selfish to feel "special"

And as we, testers, did not pay a big amount of dollars for special access and Vandal weapons are not part of that special founders package i think it would be nice for everyone new to have a chance of getting them, something limited maybe, like a short event,

All this "don't give new players my special limited weapons" it's just a big display of selfishness, i want every new player to feel welcomed and special.

In conclusion, this is not about the founders defending their VIP bought access, this is about Beta testers accepting to share the vandal guns (in case it ever happened off course).

I have Lato Vandal i was in closed beta briefly when it had just started, my computer was kinda bad and i could not really run the game enjoyably, so i retired for a while until i could afford a better one, i got Lato Vandal nonetheless.

Both lato Vandal and Braton Vandal are closed beta and open beta special offer weapons (respectively), and i would not mind at all if Lato Vandal was re released. I don't need to be selfish to feel "special"

And as we, testers, did not pay a big amount of dollars for special access and Vandal weapons are not part of that special founders package i think it would be nice for everyone new to have a chance of getting them, something limited maybe, like a short event,

All this "don't give new players my special limited weapons" it's just a big display of selfishness, i want every new player to feel welcomed and special.

In conclusion, this is not about the founders defending their VIP bought access, this is about Beta testers accepting to share the vandal guns (in case it ever happened off course).

Actually, there's no reason for these weapons to exist if they're not exclusive. Is there an issue with DE keeping their word? I don't know why these weapons are desirable but there's nothing wrong with Vets keeping their status symbol.

Edited by Seanjuju

Relax man. Though what was it compared to the 100+ threads on Founder's gear, and more to come? 

Also, I don't recall him specifically pinpointing the Weekend Stress Test reward and the Closed Beta reward? These are some arguably more unique circumstances, so I'm not sure about re-releasing them. It may still happen anyways, I don't know what DE does anymore.

Though it seems I'm contributing to the massive flame-war that may come again. I hate myself.

You don't recall him talking about that because you didn't watch the video at the time I cited. He said "if there's a vandal you want, be patient," which, specifically, means the braton, lato, and snipetron.

Actually, there's no reason for these weapons to exist if they're not exclusive. Is there an issue with DE keeping their word? I don't know why these weapons are desirable but there's nothing wrong with Vets keeping their status symbol.

There is no reason for the heat dagger to exist and that's not exclusive. It's not a status symbol, it's just a few thousand mastery people can't get. It sucks not being able to get to the next rank because you weren't on that day, you know? I was lucky and got everything up to this point, but a lot of people weren't, and the list of stuff people don't have and can't have is only growing.

Edited by VegetableBasket

Actually, there's no reason for these weapons to exist if they're not exclusive. Is there an issue with DE keeping their word?

They would still be exclusive if they were released for a very short time, if someone miss it it's their fault, until a new oportunity comes again (or not, i dont know) i just think that the "i want to feel special" excuse is a very poor one and rude towards new players.

You don't recall him talking about that because you didn't watch the video at the time I cited. He said "if there's a vandal you want, be patient," which, specifically, means the braton, lato, and snipetron.

There is no reason for the heat dagger to exist and that's not exclusive. It's not a status symbol, it's just a few thousand mastery people can't get. It sucks not being able to get to the next rank because you weren't on that day, you know? I was lucky and got everything up to this point, but a lot of people weren't, and the list of stuff people don't have and can't have is only growing.

Then take the mastery off the exclusives and call it a day. I can't say anything about heat dagger until melee 4.0. Until DE makes more content, what does very high mastery do?

Edited by Seanjuju

They would still be exclusive if they were released for a very short time, if someone miss it it's their fault, until a new oportunity comes again (or not, i dont know) i just think that the "i want to feel special" excuse is a very poor one and rude towards new players.

Its the status symbol of the original vet. What about the people that miss it again? Oh, no fair. This has absolutely nothing to do with new players. Is there a reason why this weapon should be released again? Anyone?

Things have been civil in this thread so far, that's good.

I did watch the video, but I guess I kinda got ahead of myself and realized that there were only 3 currently released Vandals. My impression was that they were referring to the Prova Vandal, since that one is still unreleased. But if there are only 4 Vandals, it's hard to narrow it down any more is there.

Huh. So the Closed Beta rewards might just come back? Not that I'm surprised any more. 

Things have been civil in this thread so far, that's good.

I did watch the video, but I guess I kinda got ahead of myself and realized that there were only 3 currently released Vandals. My impression was that they were referring to the Prova Vandal, since that one is still unreleased. But if there are only 4 Vandals, it's hard to narrow it down any more is there.

Huh. So the Closed Beta rewards might just come back? Not that I'm surprised any more. 

the braton technicly was in the open beta weekend for stress testing, closed beta members got the lato vandal of wich i dont mind if it stay exclusive for another year or 2.

Its the status symbol of the original vet. What about the people that miss it again? Oh, no fair. This has absolutely nothing to do with new players. Is there a reason why this weapon should be released again? Anyone?

Well, the reason is that people want it and i think they would probably feel very happy if they had the chance of getting it and everything we do in life is for the sole goal of being happy, isn't it?

But again, if it never happens i do not mind, but i would not be against it, i would not even be against loosing exclusivity over my LATO VANDAL which is in fact exclusive, more than Braton.

Now... does it make you happy that people do not have things that you have? in that case i guess i can understand why you are against it.

Edited by Orbister

Most people don't even bring up these two weapons anymore.

But it was people bringing up these weapons in particular that led to the comment in the first place. I'm almost certain that we will be seeing them again sometime in the future.

Why do you want it? How about we get some new weapons? You want DE to go back on their word and don't even have a good reason.

Go back on their word? I've never heard them promise that the Vandal/Wraith weapons would never make a return. In fact, I've heard them say the opposite. I haven't seen all the early livestreams, though, so perhaps I just missed something?