Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detron Parts Drop Rate/ Harvester Spawn Chance Needs Seriously Increasing

---No-Mercy---

Hey Guys and Gals,

Okay this part of the game is getting extremely frustrating, I have played allot of MMO's with chance drops but the one you have here with the harvester and the DETRON parts is just ridiculous!

Effectively you have 2 tiers of drop rate with this, 3.5% for the harvester to spawn which can be increased to 14% IF you can find 3 other people you are also marked which is rare.

then IF, IF the harvester spawns and you manage to kill it you then have a drop rate of getting the right parts you need to make a complete set and it is very likely to get multiple parts (which I have allot of) and never get the part you need for a VERY LONG time...

Seriously guys you need to increase the chance of the harvester spawning to at least 40 or 50%, that way it will spawn much more often and even if you get multiple parts you wont be frustrated in waiting for the harvester to spawn THEN PREYING! that it will drop what u need.

To put it in perspective, I have just done 40 corpus runs with a 4 man marked team.... no harvester, and even if it does spawn, there is no telling what the drop rate is for the parts i we could be doing this for days just trying to get the part needed...

Please guys, increase the spawn rate for the harvester at least so that I can stop cursing at the screen :D

Many Thanks

Don't focus on farming it, just keep playing the game. I haven't even tried to seriously look for the Harvester, and oh look! I have enough parts to make 4 more Detrons :I

Edit: Also forgot to mention, a majority of my encounters (All except 2) were during solo sessions.

Edited by Xandis

Lol... you wish! Do you know how many full detrons i've sold already, more than 5 and i'm not joking! The Harvester till this very day visits me after i complete one or two invasions against Corpus. So it's probably RNG allied with not enough farming (i farmed mine for an entire week). 

Stop whinning and get to it!

Yes make it 50% so that any new or even slightly inexperienced/under geared player in the games gets slaughtered by the harvester when ever they do invasions for the wrong side. /Sarcasm

It is fine the way it is, it does not need to be changed any more.

It is meant to be a rare occurrence.

Question: What missions are you doing? As Harvey doesn't appear (as far as I'm aware) for several minutes into a mission so could this be a reason why you've not been seeing him that much - as you may have completed the mission before he had a chance to appear.

Lol... you wish! Do you know how many full detrons i've sold already, more than 5 and i'm not joking! The Harvester till this very day visits me after i complete one or two invasions against Corpus. So it's probably RNG allied with not enough farming (i farmed mine for an entire week). 

Stop whinning and get to it!

I'll take the parts to build one if you just want to get rid of them?

I guess I am not the only person who has yet to get the parts for the Detron. I have only ran into him one time so far and I know I am Marked for death. Guess I am just a bit further down on his list of people to kill.

No. You either actively farm things like this or you never get them because you're not maximising your chances.

I only do invasions when the rewards are something I want, and I support the side giving out that reward so I'm not always fighting against the Corpus. I play solo so I've got the lowest chance to get Harvester to spawn on a mission. I have not actively tried to farm for a Detron at all. I've been attacked 5 times in total, and I've got one Detron plus enough parts to make another if I get a second blueprint.

Just play the game to have fun. Make sure you have a mark and go about your business. If you focus soley on farming a Detron, you will get frustrated and burned out. As Septin said, the Detron will come to you in time.

No, you haven't played games with rare drops. 

Of the most recent I can think of FF14, coil of bahamut, not a single drop for me when doing that crap for months and you could only do it ONCE A WEEK. Older games were even worse. 

All in all, no, it's fine. You don't farm it, you get it eventually. 

You want to know bad luck? It took me 900 hours to get despair. 

I know the RNG gods smiled on me concerning the detron, met Harvey less than half a dozen times and already had all the parts required (twice I was lucky enough to be on a team with a Nekros). The despair on the other hand has yet to grace me with its precence several hundred hours in.

I would like to thank some of the people here for the good advice, its clear that im in the minority and will continue to farm it extremely actively for as long as it takes.

I just hope its soon. :D

As for the people you thought it would be a good idea to troll here you I think you need top ask yourself was it appropriate or needed to take the negative things you said when clearly all i was doing was giving my own opinion on feedback, its members like you that this game and this community does not need and puts off people posting and in turning, helping the game succeed.

I would suggest thinking about what your going to say before you post it, unconstructive comments are not needed people please. Lets all play nice in future.

So back on topic, 

Does anyone have any recommendations of how to get this to spawn quicker? any planets that have been nice to you, spawning the harvester? any ideas or tips to take it down quickly?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you :D

dox2i7y.jpg

I'm not having any issues. Just play the game and the parts will come.

"It works for ME, so there can't be a problem!"

Not quite. Eight Brakk drops later, and not a single Barrel. Meanwhile I've got an even spread of Detron parts, but I'm not going to sit here and claim that because I didn't have a problem, that meant nobody else did.

I would like to thank some of the people here for the good advice, its clear that im in the minority and will continue to farm it extremely actively for as long as it takes.

I just hope its soon. :D

As for the people you thought it would be a good idea to troll here you I think you need top ask yourself was it appropriate or needed to take the negative things you said when clearly all i was doing was giving my own opinion on feedback, its members like you that this game and this community does not need and puts off people posting and in turning, helping the game succeed.

I would suggest thinking about what your going to say before you post it, unconstructive comments are not needed people please. Lets all play nice in future.

So back on topic, 

Does anyone have any recommendations of how to get this to spawn quicker? any planets that have been nice to you, spawning the harvester? any ideas or tips to take it down quickly?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you :D

don't even hunt it just play the game, i was like you at 1st wanting to find it so hard but after awhile didn't care anymore. at this point i have enough to make 2 detrons so don't frustrate yourself he will come when you least expect it 

Devs have hinted multiple times that the Harvester/G3 will come at you "when you're the most vulnerable".

Meaning, if you want a good chance to see them, shelve your lvl30 5 forma'd weapons/frames, and equip some low-level gear. I bet just a low-level frame is enough.

Nice to know those mini-bosses will not just spawn to be slaughtered like cattle. There is a bit of risk/reward involved here.

Making yourself vulnerable to get that piece of gear.

But there's a flaw in that idea.

In a sense, new players have a better chance to spawn them than veterans, but will get slauhtered, since they don't necessarily have the gear to handle the challenge.

And veterans don't necessarily have low-level gear in their arsenal anymore T.T

It requires from them to constantly forma gear just to make them spawn. Costy.

So both ends of the spectrum get kinda screwed.

New players complain when they see them spawn.

Veterans complain cause it won't spawn.

Maybe there needs to be another factor to make them spawn. Like Mastery rank. Making sure new players are tough enough when the challenge comes, and making veterans able to see them without having to gimp themselves intentionally.

Edited by Thelonious

Hmmm.... I agree with your statement, its hard to find a happy medium, It would be nice to have the Harvester spawn rate increased with having a low drop chance on the parts, at least that way it motivates you still to try and get the harvester...

I once did over 1000 STF runs on STO (star trek online) just to get one bit of a set, took months but you were guaranteed to get at least something. The way this happens it allot of hit and miss and wondering if it will spawn at all??

But I will endeavor to keep trying to get it to spawn in order to maximize my chances. 

I only do invasions when the rewards are something I want, and I support the side giving out that reward so I'm not always fighting against the Corpus. I play solo so I've got the lowest chance to get Harvester to spawn on a mission. I have not actively tried to farm for a Detron at all. I've been attacked 5 times in total, and I've got one Detron plus enough parts to make another if I get a second blueprint.

Just play the game to have fun. Make sure you have a mark and go about your business. If you focus soley on farming a Detron, you will get frustrated and burned out. As Septin said, the Detron will come to you in time.

I have killed the harvester 5 times.

I have 3 receivers and 2 barrels

I haven't had a sighting in 3 weeks now.

My problem is as mentioned in a post a couple up the page, I don't have any low ranked gear, I don't have any frames I need to forma if the harvester or stalker so up it's over in a few seconds, they just just don't show up enough.

400 hrs in and RNG is starting to annoy me as well.

"It works for ME, so there can't be a problem!"

Not quite. Eight Brakk drops later, and not a single Barrel. Meanwhile I've got an even spread of Detron parts, but I'm not going to sit here and claim that because I didn't have a problem, that meant nobody else did.

The Brakk is different, it doesn't have a guaranteed drop like the detron does. I was proving that the detron is pretty easy to obtain, but the brakk on the other hand is a pain to get since you don't have that guaranteed drop and are playing the RNG game when you kill them. Since I never mentioned the brakk in my post you quoted it would be nice if you didn't try to put words in my mouth, it will make you look stupid.

The Brakk is different, it doesn't have a guaranteed drop like the detron does. I was proving that the detron is pretty easy to obtain, but the brakk on the other hand is a pain to get since you don't have that guaranteed drop and are playing the RNG game when you kill them. Since I never mentioned the brakk in my post you quoted it would be nice if you didn't try to put words in my mouth, it will make you look stupid.

And I'd appreciate it if you didn't intentionally misrepresent my argument. There will almost certainly be players out there cursing every time they kill the Harvester and it doesn't drop the Detron Receiver--the last part they need--for the twentieth time.

"I've got an even spread of Detron parts, but I'm not going to sit here and claim that because I didn't have a problem, that meant nobody else did."

And I'd appreciate it if you didn't intentionally misrepresent my argument. There will almost certainly be players out there cursing every time they kill the Harvester and it doesn't drop the Detron Receiver--the last part they need--for the twentieth time.

"I've got an even spread of Detron parts, but I'm not going to sit here and claim that because I didn't have a problem, that meant nobody else did."

Again you are putting words in my mouth. I said that the detron parts will come as you play, the extras that I have were a nice surprised as I played the game. I never tried to get more after I got my detron yet the parts came. There will be people that have issues getting any RNG based weapon/frame in the game since it will never be guaranteed to get them, some people will be lucky, others will have an extremely hard time getting them.

And no I'm not misrepresenting your argument, it's an unfair comparison when you compare the detron which will give you a part on a harvester kill and hoping you get a brakk part on a G3 kill. This entire thread was about the detron, not the brakk.

I would be happy if you didn't try to start an argument by trying to put words in my mouth, it is annoying and pointless and I'm not going to respond to anything else from you.