The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tornado

Wahooo

tornado + vortex + world of fire = what the flying hell am i shooting at again?

at a certain point it just becomes insane.

there are some specific instances where tornado is useful, but all too often people use it in the WRONG instances.

ODD springs to mind, i've seen mods stuck up on the top of the map (impossible to reach unless you're playing valkyr, loki, nova or zephyr)

so note to those that love tornado: use it wisely, don't spam.

i wish they'd make it suck items inward toward the ground at the bottom of the funnel while still making enemies fly around like retards

using space magic of course

Yeah would be neat if they carrier-style-vacuumed items to themselves (ground level, not so they stick to the ceiling) while flinging enemies.

I have used it to cause chaos while I stopped to revive a squad member. It does have some niche uses and it also has some points in the game when you would have to the be drooling less capable cousin of the village idiot to consider using it. When it can send items you want sailing across the map or into places that you can not recover them, that would be one of those times.

As a Zephyr player, I find that Tornado's habit of scattering pickups everywhere to be a HUGE problem. It's the main reason I don't play her.

A recent example that happened to me: Stalker spawns on me during a Spy mission. I drop the datamass and throw Tornado to keep the mooks off my back while the squad deals with Stalker. In the chaos, the datamass was thrown into the corner of the ceiling. I DID eventually manage to get it after about 10 minutes of parkour (i somehow grabbed it mid-wallrun), but it was a huge hassle.

Or sticking Life-Support packs to the ceiling. That's always fun.

It really shouldn't affect pick-ups. Or maybe it could even act like Vaccuum and suck them in and give them to the whole squad (no affecting datamasses though).

As it is now, it's just terrible.

Tornado is the ultimate in-case-of-fire-break-glass ult.

It throws the battlefield into complete disarray for both sides, but usually protects you or whatever you were trying to save. This isn't molecular prime, people.

Use only in emergency.

You guys realize we have the Carrier Sentinel right?

do you have a cousin? (i jest)

the carrier doesn't have anywhere near the range to pickup the items in question.

nor does it have the ability to magically levitate the player to the ceiling / top of zones in the derelicts or pick up data masses that have fallen off ledges.

You guys realize we have the Carrier Sentinel right?

Carrier has a bit of a limited range, where the tornado can throw stuff can be... um... interesting.

See what made me come here and rage was that I know better than to use it on many occasions but for some reason didn't realize it would pick up the data mass in this particular case.

A Spy mission and it was the last data mass. An infested alert so as I run up to the last terminal I turn around throw out the tornado so i'll be able to hack out the last data mass without interruption right?  as soon as it spawns its picked up and wedged into the ceiling.  I try and tailwind up to it with no luck several times.  A vauban with me tries to vortex it to get it to move, with no luck.  last attempts before abandoning was to try another tornado and couldn't get the thing to even move from its perch.

I was angry.  Worst part is he is almost 30 so I was kinda spamming his abilities to get to that point so I could put it away.  It is one thing for an ability to be worthless, i'm used to that with most frames, but for it to actually have this kind of situational negative?  unfortunate I guess.