Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Is Now Canon

This is nothing new. We knew there is a level of spiritual succession and shared themes, but the skin description was missing some vital points... like mentioning Hayden Tenno at all, or taking into consideration the parts of the story that just simply don't match up. I suppose what I am trying to say here, is yes, even if the worlds are linked, Hayden Tenno is still not the first Tenno, as he never went to the void to earn his powers, or was encased in a Warframe as we know them in this game.

It simply does not make sense. The information we are getting is both frustratingly vague as well as contradictory and spasmodic. The addition of this skin does not clear up anything, it just causes more frustration and argument.

Yeah, I agree with that. I got no problem with that separation. But saying that it's "not canon" and that the two DON'T happen in the same game universe like you did before is just incorrect.

Edited by Morec0

This is nothing new. We knew there is a level of spiritual succession and shared themes, but the skin description was missing some vital points... like mentioning Hayden Tenno at all, or taking into consideration the parts of the story that just simply don't match up. I suppose what I am trying to say here, is yes, even if the worlds are linked, Hayden Tenno is still not the first Tenno, as he never went to the void to earn his powers, or was encased in a Warframe as we know them in this game.

It simply does not make sense. The information we are getting is both frustratingly vague as well as contradictory and spasmodic. The addition of this skin does not clear up anything, it just causes more frustration and argument.

Here is proof that Hayden Tenno was indeed the first.

Here is proof that Hayden Tenno was indeed the first.

Again: he's the first Tenno in the SAME sense that Teron Gorefiend

http://wowpedia.org/Teron_Gorefiend

Is the first Death Knight.

EVEN THOUGH Arthas Menethil

http://wowpedia.org/Arthas_Menethil

Would LATER come along to be the FIRST of the Lich King's Death Knights.

So, Hayden WAS the first, in the greater sense of Technocyte, but he is NOT related to us as the first of OUR Tenno.

Facts:

DE Geoff, Steve, Sheldon and Scott all agreed on the Livestream that he is the first Tenno. 

DE Megan posted on hot topics confirming that "Dark Sector was the beginning" and "Warframe and Dark Sector are inextricably linked".

That's enough for me.

Anyone who disagree is on denial.

Facts:

DE Geoff, Steve, Sheldon and Scott all agreed on the Livestream that he is the first Tenno. 

DE Megan posted on hot topics confirming that "Dark Sector was the beginning" and "Warframe and Dark Sector are inextricably linked".

That's enough for me.

I can't argue that.

Other Facts: Mynki stated that Warframe is not Canon and the story of darkSector does not make any sense that Hayden is the first Tenno when you look at Excalibur's lore.

Its less about what is fundamentally the truth and more about how incredibly contradictory and frustrating it is to not get any form of continuity out of the writers. It's infuriating, simply.

Facts:

That's enough for me.

Not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that saying someone is "the first Tenno" doesn't MEAN they're all connected by anything more than a name and, perhaps, a legacy and tradition.

After all: our Tenno were sent into the Void, were altered by it. Hayden never was, Hayden was only altered by the Technocyte. There's a bigger difference there than you want to give it credit for. 

Besides, you always seem to ignore that Steve later says in that SAME VIDEO: "Warframe takes place WAY beyond that timeframe, ridiculously" - so by his own words the two don't HAVE to be connected in the kind of sense I feel like you're trying to say they are.

Also, is denial a drug now?

I can't argue that.

Other Facts: Mynki stated that Warframe is not Canon and the story of darkSector does not make any sense that Hayden is the first Tenno when you look at Excalibur's lore.

Its less about what is fundamentally the truth and more about how incredibly contradictory and frustrating it is to not get any form of continuity out of the writers. It's infuriating, simply.

Proof that Mynki said that?

Yes we need some official Lore to end this speculation...

Not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that saying someone is "the first Tenno" doesn't MEAN they're all connected by anything more than a name and, perhaps, a legacy and tradition.

After all: our Tenno were sent into the Void, were altered by it. Hayden never was, Hayden was only altered by the Technocyte. There's a bigger difference there than you want to give it credit for. 

Besides, you always seem to ignore that Steve later says in that SAME VIDEO: "Warframe takes place WAY beyond that timeframe, ridiculously" - so by his own words the two don't HAVE to be connected in the kind of sense I feel like you're trying to say they are.

Also, is denial a drug now?

My theory is that Tennos were all cloned from Hayden's DNA. His mutated genes from the Technocyte are the vital to what makes Tennos have powers. (Speculation)

Edited by RexSol

Proof that Mynki said that?

Yes we need some official Lore to end this speculation...

My theory is that Tennos were all cloned from Hayden's DNA. His mutated genes from the Technocyte are the vital to what makes Tennos have powers. (Speculation)

I'd like to see this proof too.

Not sure I want to see the speculation end, though, I'm enjoying it too much.

But your theory really WOULD need further lore to confirm it, 'cause I just don't buy it myself.

• 3 months later...

Interesting thread . . . both the topic and the repartee of the posts

While personal opinion is fundamental and thus contention a certainty, I believe that all that has been stated can be reconciled by reframing the discussion ...

We are talking about "HISTORY"

And history - whether actual or fictional - must invariably contend with the following limitations:

1. Incompleteness - any account of events which is to be EFFECTIVELY communicated (time-wise) must be AT BEST a summary

2. Inconsistency - any retelling of a "history" will change with the present understanding and biases of the next "historian"

Therefore, as "readers" of "Warframe History", we will be endlessly baffled by it ...

Even within the game itself, we should EXPECT that Orokin will have their "interpretation" of what "history" was as will any other group (the Tenno, the Corpus - even the Infested, etc.) their own

Taking the discussion from an entirely different perspective - namely DE's creative teams - it is reasonable to expect that there would be a certain measure of homage to the old work as well as creative inspiration ...

I suspect that it was DE's original IDEAS of what Dark Sector COULD HAVE BEEN is what DE draws upon more so that having Warframe be a strict SEQUEL (see DE Livestream #10 interview)

Personally, I am attracted to the idea that the "Technocyte Virus" is itself a "faction" ... one with it's own agenda

The Technocyte is some form of metallic life form capable of "channeling energy" and thus capable of changing itself (perhaps even self directed evolution?) which can bonding with and "integrate" with organic life forms

Even calling it a "virus" is quite possibly an over simplification by the Orokin/Tenno/Humans ...

Perhaps ALL parties never really understood it, dismissing it's true nature even to the point of misclassifying it as a "virus" because "virus" was a concept THEY understood

Whether the Technocyte is an artificial construct (Dark Sector lore), repurposed technology (again see Livestream #10) or a natural phenomenon (that was manipulated by humans/Orokin) could be argued both ways ...

Once again history steps in - we just don't have sufficient information

Edited by ElHefe

@ Kao-Snake ...

Just as a point of clarification but does two months of thread "inactivity" necessarily mean that new posting is necrobumping?  (wiki.archinux.org/ ... /Forum-etiquette)

If so, excuse me and I will start a new thread under "What is Warframe History" and link this old thread

Finally, just a suggestion but perhaps this thread should be "closed/archived" for consistency