Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Is Now Canon

How can they not believe you... on the Dev livestream several times, "Dark Sector was way way way in the past, thousands upon thousands of years in the past in this universe..." and so many other references. Lol

Because people can always deny ANYTHING.

Read the description for the skin ma dude.

I did. I see nothing specifically stating Dark Sector happened, or rather nothing stating that it is significant to Warframe's world. Just the same vague sort of stuff they put on anything.

It is a reference. A skin that means something to us as players but means little to the world unless they keep going that route with future content.

I did. I see nothing specifically stating Dark Sector happened, or rather nothing stating that it is significant to Warframe's world. Just the same vague sort of stuff they put on anything.

It is a reference. A skin that means something to us as players but means little to the world unless they keep going that route with future content.

Thank you.

That's exactly it.

Candy Cane aside:

This confirms Dark Sector's Hayden Tenno, but WHICH Dark Sector and WHICH Hayden Tenno is up to debate:

Are we looking at the modern-military Dark Sector game that was published being connected, or are we looking at a revival of the original Sci Fi version of the game (in some form)? Personally, I think it's the latter - given that the talk of the Technocyte being invented by the Orokin (although maybe it means that in the same vein we would call Pre-Successful Revolution George Washington an American when we was really just a rebellious British Citizen?) and the original Dark Sector had it invented by a modern-day human scientist.

Uh, clearly the released, modern, Dark Sector one, seeing as the outfit is that armor and not the original 2001 suit (although I think they should release that one as well, maybe next year). 

Seriously? It's not just a "reference". If it were just a reference, the description would have said "the suit from Dark Sector". It clearly didn't say that. It specifically says that it was rediscovered, and that it's origins, while unknown, may predate the Orokin Empire. That's lore.

Uh, clearly the released, modern, Dark Sector one, seeing as the outfit is that armor and not the original 2001 suit (although I think they should release that one as well, maybe next year). 

There's a difference?

*rewatches trailer*

Hmm, so it is. Well, that said I return to my statement about Orokin being used to refer to humans even in the past as a means of reconciling discrepancies. 

Seriously? It's not just a "reference". If it were just a reference, the description would have said "the suit from Dark Sector". It clearly didn't say that. It specifically says that it was rediscovered, and that it's origins, while unknown, may predate the Orokin Empire. That's lore.

My thoughts exactly.
Edited by Morec0

Well I think he means, or at least I mean, just changing up the explanation of some things and tweaking things in the story of Dark Sector. Just basically snipping some strings and tying them with some of warframe's

Edited by SolidSp33d

Seriously? It's not just a "reference". If it were just a reference, the description would have said "the suit from Dark Sector". It clearly didn't say that. It specifically says that it was rediscovered, and that it's origins, while unknown, may predate the Orokin Empire. That's lore.

Saying that doesn't mean anything unless they keep rolling with it.

It is useless information by itself, just like the flavor text on Syandanas.

Right now it doesn't confirmed anything in particular, other then open up the fact that Orokin engineers borrowed the look and design of their suits from somewhere else.

That and Sheldon said we'd be getting origin lore this week.

So yeah.

gg

I'm pretty sure it is anti-lore (like Batman, but with lore!)

In order to prevent confusion, they added that bit to avoid people speculating if Dark Sector took place during the Orokin era. They're putting as much chronological space between the two as possible. Hayden was the first Dark Sector Tenno, but he was not the first Warframe Tenno; this piece of "anti-lore" confirms that he wasn't by putting the distance between the two.

If Hayden's suit dates back before the Orokin Era as this bit of "anti-lore" tells us, then he (and as a result Dark Sector) would have minimal impact on the events that make up the lore of Warframe.

Edited by Brimir

I'm pretty sure it is anti-lore (like Batman, but with lore!)

In order to prevent confusion, they added that bit to avoid people speculating if Dark Sector took place during the Orokin era. They're putting as much chronological space between the two as possible. Hayden was the first Dark Sector Tenno, but he was not the first Warframe Tenno; this piece of "anti-lore" confirms that he wasn't by putting the distance between the two.

'May predate the Orokin Empire'

They have neither confirmed NOR denied the canon yet. But this IS a tenuous link.

Edited by Kalenath

What's the problem if Dark Sector's Lore is all true in Warframe universe? I have no problem with that. 

it completely throws off their Stalker theories and Tenno romance parings!

"how is my Vauban going to date Valkyr if Hayden was the first Orokin!? DE ur all my OTPs!!!"

it completely throws off their Stalker theories and Tenno romance parings!

"how is my Vauban going to date Valkyr if Hayden was the first Orokin!? DE ur all my OTPs!!!"

I don't see why that's an issue. Technically we're ALL related anyway, but we're so vastly diverse through bloodlines and varying marriages it doesn't really matter. Even IF Hayden is someone the ancestor of ALL Tenno, he's far enough back that is isn't incest anymore (unless incest was used to keep Tenno bloodlines pure or something).

I bet all the Tenno had to attend a secret high-school where they learned to control their scary new-found powers.

They were ruled over by an old telepathic Tenno headmaster in a wheelchair, too.

I get more of an Ender's Game/Spartan feel, personally.

Edited by Morec0

I don't see why that's an issue. Technically we're ALL related anyway, but we're so vastly diverse through bloodlines and varying marriages it doesn't really matter. Even IF Hayden is someone the ancestor of ALL Tenno, he's far enough back that is isn't incest anymore (unless incest was used to keep Tenno bloodlines pure or something).

*fightingoftheurgetotalkaboutsarynxnyxmommydaughterincestandcompletelydisrailthisthreadforever* nah man what i said was complete non-sense! as to represent the complete non-sense that these anti-DS+WF peeps are sayin :'D