Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About Tweaking The Torid ?

LascarCapable

My idea:

Make it work exactly like the napalms fire grenades:

On impact with an enemy or surface - 10m AOE Detonation for ~50% of the TOTAL damage

After impact - Lingering 3-4M Gas cloud that ticks for 10-15% of the TOTAL damage per tick

Like acrid: 100% chance of toxic DOT on impact or enemy touching the cloud, high status chance per impact and tick

Keep current mag size and low ROF

Currently, a 10% status chance hurts it's already poor interaction with other elements, and low ROF combined with tiny clouds makes it super hard to effectively deny any kind of area (Since cold isn't a 100% proc now)

Secondary idea: Swap the innate damage to Gas, but leave the 100% chance for a toxic DOT, combined with the above tweaks to it's impact and status chance. (Due to gas spawning spats of AOE damage, enemies walking into the cloud could essentially trigger secondary impacts from procs)

This sounds very nice, +1.

I don't think any of the people in this thread actually use the Torid.  The proc chance is good currently.  I frequently irradiate or knock down large groups of enemies, and I can completely reduce the armor or health of an enemy in seconds with corrosive or viral procs due to the proc rate of the clouds.  I pretty much 1-shot Vay Hek with this weapon using radiation and viral damage.  The viral proc halves his health repeatedly while the radiation kills him through his armor.  I think all the Torid needs is a 20% damage buff to put it in line with other "OP" weapons.  It is ok for the Torid to have overpowered damage due to the slow, deliberate nature of its firing mechanics.  A small magazine or fire rate buff to make it feel more responsive could be good as well.    

I don't think any of the people in this thread actually use the Torid.  The proc chance is good currently.  I frequently irradiate or knock down large groups of enemies, and I can completely reduce the armor or health of an enemy in seconds with corrosive or viral procs due to the proc rate of the clouds.  I pretty much 1-shot Vay Hek with this weapon using radiation and viral damage.  The viral proc halves his health repeatedly while the radiation kills him through his armor.  I think all the Torid needs is a 20% damage buff to put it in line with other "OP" weapons.  It is ok for the Torid to have overpowered damage due to the slow, deliberate nature of its firing mechanics.  A small magazine or fire rate buff to make it feel more responsive could be good as well.    

I'd rather it have a larger area and/or be effected by firestorm, or get better spamability (larger clip/faster firerate/faster reload) so you can spread more grenades around than get a damage bonus. My main issue with it right now is that it's hard to fill up even a single choke-point with enough grenades since the gas patch is so small. Larger AoE or letting us lay down a lot more grenades would make it much better.

I'd rather it have a larger area and/or be effected by firestorm, or get better spamability (larger clip/faster firerate/faster reload) so you can spread more grenades around than get a damage bonus. My main issue with it right now is that it's hard to fill up even a single choke-point with enough grenades since the gas patch is so small. Larger AoE or letting us lay down a lot more grenades would make it much better.

Firestorm is a no-brainer.  Increase the damage and allow it to take Firestorm and the weapon will be golden.  It's already a fantastic boss killer.  All it needs is some better crowd control.  

Edited by RealPandemonium