Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About Tweaking The Torid ?

LascarCapable

That little buddy just got his new skin today : huzzah ! But there's still a little problem : I don't know if that thing is actually underpowered or not, but it's really a pain in the &#! to use the way it seems to be designed. A weapon that work somewhat like Napalm's weapon, looks quite great on the paper... But ennemies have feets. And legs. And they are simply able to run out of your too small DoT dealing aera of effect. IMO that's quite a pity.

How about changing the way the grenades work ? Something like the dot stay on ennemies that travels the aera of effect, or innate poison proc. That would be cool in order to make the gun much more viable and fun to play in something other than defense missions. A good buff in rate of fire looks fine to me too.

What do you guys think ?

Edited by Einde

I say they should bump up the mag-size a bit and turn it into a charge weapon: the longer you charge a shot, the larger the AoE becomes and the more damage it deals per tick. Like the Stug, charging shots consumes more ammo, so having +magazine size is beneficial to creating larger, more damaging poison clouds.

And of course it should have a 100% chance to proc poison for those enemies who run out of the cloud.

I'd like to see direct hit damage lowered or removed, but a bigger clip, higher fire rate, and much bigger cloud size. It would make it a unique weapon for quickly blanketing large areas with DOT. Not sure about what the damage and proc chance should be if it were like that though.

If you hit the ground the cloud stays there, but if you hit an enemy the cloud travels with them. The downside of this is that if the enemy dies the cloud disappears.

the cloud stays for me after the sticked one dies.

also... I am still waiting for those two small tweaks:

-1% of the damage is caused by the projectile impact and the rest of 99% damage are on the clouds

- Firestorm can be used on Torid

Give it a 20 clip size make it automatic (still at a low fire rate), and give it much smaller impact damage. Just throw gas grenades everywhere.

Unrelated, but I'm not a huge fan of the new skin. I don't like the 'biological weapon' look.

I'd like to see direct hit damage lowered or removed, but a bigger clip, higher fire rate, and much bigger cloud size. It would make it a unique weapon for quickly blanketing large areas with DOT. Not sure about what the damage and proc chance should be if it were like that though.

Looks fine to me. If ye make it like this, I think the actual status proc chances would be fine.

the cloud stays for me after the sticked one dies.

also... I am still waiting for those two small tweaks:

-1% of the damage is caused by the projectile impact and the rest of 99% damage are on the clouds

- Firestorm can be used on Torid

1% damage caused by direct hit looks harsh. I think we should be a bit more rewarded on hit. I'd see more something like 30% direct hit, 70% DoT.

+1 for firestorm, but we'll need a better AoE before.

I say they should bump up the mag-size a bit and turn it into a charge weapon: the longer you charge a shot, the larger the AoE becomes and the more damage it deals per tick. Like the Stug, charging shots consumes more ammo, so having +magazine size is beneficial to creating larger, more damaging poison clouds.

And of course it should have a 100% chance to proc poison for those enemies who run out of the cloud.

This sounds like the best idea so far.

But they also should increase the range and speed of the projectile.

1% damage caused by direct hit looks harsh. I think we should be a bit more rewarded on hit. I'd see more something like 30% direct hit, 70% DoT.

+1 for firestorm, but we'll need a better AoE before.

The projectile size is too little and too slow to bother making it a damaging part. if it was some big eggsack grenade from the launcher, sure, stay at the 50 impact/50 cloud damage.

but for me, I'd rather utilize its gas clouds.

maybe a Torid-only mod where projectile size is scaled, affecting the damage distribution between projectile's damage and cloud's damage. The bigger sack, the higher impact damage.

Thing of it is, the new skin doesn't really look like something you'd expect a "sticky launcher" to look like. It looks more like an Infested Sniper of some kind than it does a sticky launcher. Cool nevertheless.

If anything else, increase the AoE along with Firestorm added for more range, I wouldn't say to make it full auto, but keep it semi-auto with an increased firerate. Clipsize....eeeh. Keep it at 5. There needs to be some kind of downside to it than enemies needing to stand inside of the AoE to take damage. Too big of a magazine and it may turn into the next Acrid (with FPS reducing power!).

1. Increase proc chance anywhere from 20-35%, that is what this gun is made for. (or make the DoT twice as fast.) Tysis has 50%, and for some reason the Jat Kittag has 25% proc and it's a hammer! Make the poison cloud poison enemies easier, it only makes sense!

2. Let it use the Firestorm mod to generate bigger clouds.

3. I think increase flight speed would be nice too. 

Minor tweaks could make this gun good.

Personally I think the best thing you could do is a bigger radius that has a puncthrough gas aoe. That would be the only thing you would need to make this weapon better. Because of the S#&$ty arcing knowing it is a fartbarncle shooter (they also revamped the weapons projectiles look) the projectile makes it hard to aim sometimes and missing has a lot of punishment I mean for a bullet it makes sense but with something with aoe it should have less punishment for shooting the general area with something that has to be a gernade like projectile that emits gas. But that is just my 2 cents a bigger AoE will allow most of the dot to apply to many enemies at once and be immensly effective when using elemental mods (radiation/blast/etc). Now with a set back of causing it hard to see through.

TLDR

Advantages:
+Bigger aoe (better elemental use and spreads the dot damage in a big area)

+Punch through gas aoe (bypasses cover and works that way a airborne attack would)

Disadvantages

-Makes a big gas cloud that you can't see through ( it would be pretty cool and I am sure people wouldn't mind it since anything in there will be surely to be damaged by it)

Thing of it is, the new skin doesn't really look like something you'd expect a "sticky launcher" to look like. It looks more like an Infested Sniper of some kind than it does a sticky launcher. Cool nevertheless.

yeah... It'll be cool if Torid becomes a toxin sniper... I'd accept it if the bullet/projectile is hitscan...

My idea:

Make it work exactly like the napalms fire grenades:

On impact with an enemy or surface - 10m AOE Detonation for ~50% of the TOTAL damage
After impact - Lingering 3-4M Gas cloud that ticks for 10-15% of the TOTAL damage per tick

Like acrid: 100% chance of toxic DOT on impact or enemy touching the cloud, high status chance per impact and tick

Keep current mag size and low ROF

Currently, a 10% status chance hurts it's already poor interaction with other elements, and low ROF combined with tiny clouds makes it super hard to effectively deny any kind of area (Since cold isn't a 100% proc now)

Secondary idea: Swap the innate damage to Gas, but leave the 100% chance for a toxic DOT, combined with the above tweaks to it's impact and status chance. (Due to gas spawning spats of AOE damage, enemies walking into the cloud could essentially trigger secondary impacts from procs)

I'd like some innate Gas damage, a confirmed Toxin proc like with Acrid and Embolist and perhaps a small damage buff

that would make it way too op than it already can be dmgwise vs infested, with innate gas youd also be able to fit corrosive and fire giving a colossal buff to infested dmg, with zero downsides.

that would make it way too op than it already can be dmgwise vs infested, with innate gas youd also be able to fit corrosive and fire giving a colossal buff to infested dmg, with zero downsides.

B-b-b-but I wanted big boom everything die cloud Q__________Q And to cleanse the Infested with their own