The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

im just gonna sit back and watch this case of gamer entitlement

Gamer entitlement!?

Do you honestly believe that everyone in the warframe community is just a bunch of spoiled teenagers that want everything NOW!?

NO! We've been waiting for such a long time, it just can not continue to be like this! 

DE is a company, and companies must keep their word. This is horrible for business, it's WORST than the idea of WarZ!

Do you understand how long we all waited for this? This really isn't the case of getting your phone right this minute, it's more of the case that WE'VE WAITED FOR MONTHS, SEEN  THE GRINEER SYSTEM HYPE CREATORS, AND A LOT MORE! How would YOU feel if your parents (since I'm guessing you're 12) took away your phone/computer/whatever for 6 months and at the end of the 6 months taunt you with it, showing you how wonderful it is, until FINALLY they decided to not give it to you with a lazy excuse of "You're not ready." 

They didn't bring it out when you wanted it, what's the big deal?

DE works for profit, not for charity. If they can't respect their costumers enough to say "Guys, sorry to say it, but the update is going to be delayed" then they deserve the hate.

Instead we got "Yeah, potato alert. You can take it or leave it, Either way, shut up and go watch the livestream.''

Well I agree that kicking yelling and screaming isn't going to get anything done taking this from a different stand point DE has let down countless members.

As a COMPANY this is very bad practice and as a COMPANY you should not do this to your members. If you know it's not going to be ready than don't show everyone what's to come, hold it off till you are 100% sure you are good to release this new product. (In this case melee 2.0).

I like DE, I like their game, I don't like the way they're handling melee 2.0 release.

If you know something isn't going to meet peoples expectations don't wait till the last day to say. "Hey sorry guys I know we were going to give you this but we saw how excited you were so were just going to hold it off longer so it actually is what you thought it was going to be." I'd rather DE had taken down the grineer system spoiler page much earlier than kept on going with it.

Also I'm curious, had melee 2.0 released today what was DE planning on giving us? What would it have been if they hadn't delayed it again? Clearly if they were planning on releasing it today there has been a significant amount of progress done to it to let them at least show it off on a spoiler page and let everyone know that something big was coming.

This is bad business practice to say the least. I have Elder Scrolls Online to play, so I don;t really care what DE does anymore. I really wanted U13 today, as I might not have time to play from next week onwards, but this is a disappointment. They should have at least given us some part of U13. At least some of the weapons or the new frame. Other than the white knights running around defending DE's every mistake, moves like this actually make people lose faith in the company responsible.

Not ALL of it can be so bugged that they cannot release anything right now. Also, I hope the hype kiddies learn their lesson from this.

DE already said a few times that they wanted to release it today, they planned to. But something happened and it has caused them to delay it another work so they can fix the issue and make sure the game works properly.

Imo, people should stop complaining. I personally thought it was way to early to release U13 today anyway, im kinda happy it got delayed. Id rather them make sure everything works then have them release an update that doesn't work properly.

Boss: hey EX (me) did you finish that web application?

Me: almost done, just doing the final and some CSS (inside my mind: shi* I totally forgot about it!!!)

Boss: can you give it to me next week?

Me: yes of course.

--skip to next week--

Me: sh**! still not finish yet...what I can do...?

--create a few hardcode example--

--take screenshot of it--

--write a few pages of report--

Me: hey boss, I just found a few critical bugs which need to be fix asap but here is what I have done so far.

Boss: well, carry on.

--loop start all over again--

Now I think most of us won't have a problem with the lotus being thrown into the sun.

I'm not so sure I"d have an issue with that at this point.  Rebecca's 5-line "apology" doesn't help anything, when Sheldon's apology in U7 took nearly a full page, and included Platinum and Mutagen.  I am angry with the Lotus.

Gamer entitlement!?

Do you honestly believe that everyone in the warframe community is just a bunch of spoiled teenagers that want everything NOW!?

NO! We've been waiting for such a long time, it just can not continue to be like this! 

DE is a company, and companies must keep their word. This is horrible for business, it's WORST than the idea of WarZ!

Do you understand how long we all waited for this? This really isn't the case of getting your phone right this minute, it's more of the case that WE'VE WAITED FOR MONTHS, SEEN  THE GRINEER SYSTEM HYPE CREATORS, AND A LOT MORE! How would YOU feel if your parents (since I'm guessing you're 12) took away your phone/computer/whatever for 6 months and at the end of the 6 months taunt you with it, showing you how wonderful it is, until FINALLY they decided to not give it to you with a lazy excuse of "You're not ready." 

It is gamer entitlement 

They tried to release it today but they realized they couldn't 

They've apologized and  tried to compensate us but you are  all crying foul DE betrayed us 

what more do you want a handwritten apology letter from DE

Gamer entitlement!?

xf4l80H.gif

So much this.

And who gives them the money?

We do. We're the customers.

They're not doing us a favor and neither are them volunteers making the game for charity. They're professionals employed for a job and we should expect a professional conduct from them.

They've been hyping the patch for a long time and more so as wednesday neared, then today they pull a fast one and delay it another week. That's borderline incompetence and in any other job that would get you fired.

But devs get away with bs like that because there's countless fanboys to white knight them in the forum and make them feel like it's ok to screw up.

Boss: hey EX (me) did you finish that web application?

Me: almost done, just doing the final and some CSS (inside my mind: shi* I totally forgot about it!!!)

Boss: can you give it to me next week?

Me: yes of course.

--skip to next week--

Me: sh**! still not finish yet...what I can do...?

--create a few hardcode example--

--take screenshot of it--

--write a few pages of report--

Me: hey boss, I just found a few critical bugs which need to be fix asap but here is what I have done so far.

Boss: well, carry on.

--loop start all over again--

Had a similar experience.

Boss: Is that report ready?

Me: Not yet, here's what I have now. Should be ready next week.

Boss: Ok.

- One week later -

Boss: Is the report ready?

Me: Uh...not yet, sir...I wanted it to be ready, but something hapenned. I'll have it next week.

Boss: No, you won't. You're fired.

:D

It is gamer entitlement 

They tried to release it today but they realized they couldn't 

They've apologized and  tried to compensate us but you are  all crying foul DE betrayed us 

what more do you want a handwritten apology letter from DE

I would appreciate that, yes, since at least I know that they care enough to do that. 

I love the idealist in this thread that get on their high moral horses...

Sickening. 

These people shouldn't be considered just normal humans, DE is a company, and thus should be treated as such. 

Getting dangerously close to Godwin's Law territory.

I'm not so sure I"d have an issue with that at this point.  Rebecca's 5-line "apology" doesn't help anything, when Sheldon's apology in U7 took nearly a full page, and included Platinum and Mutagen.  I am angry with the Lotus.

...she's community management. She has absolutely nothing to do with any of that, lol.