The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

During all this I can't help but think of how the team over at CIG handled the announcement of the delay of the Star Citizen Dogfighting Module back in December. Compared to this the community backlash was minimal. Chris Roberts himself wrote a long letter to the community apologizing and explaining why he made the decision: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13432-Letter-From-The-Chairman-On-Dogfighting

What makes their approach even better is that they didn't wait until the day the release was expected and the peak of the hype, but delivered the news about a week ahead of time. If anyone at DE reads this I hope they take a look at CIG and learn by their example.

Personally, I was disappointed, but that's probably mostly because my work schedule these few days was perfect for enjoying the new release... will still be playing next week.

Edited by N4Z0M3KU

During all this I can't help but think of how the team over at CIG handled the announcement of the delay of the Star Citizen Dogfighting Module back in December. Compared to this the community backlash was minimal. Chris Roberts himself wrote a long letter to the community apologizing and explaining why he made the decision: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13432-Letter-From-The-Chairman-On-Dogfighting

What's makes their approach even better is that they didn't wait until the day the release was expected and the peak of the hype, but delivered the news about a week ahead of time. If anyone at DE reads this I hope they take a look at CIG and learn by their example.

Personally, I was disappointed, but that's probably mostly because my work schedule these few days was perfect for enjoying the new release... will still be playing next week.

This is what I would have at least expected, or have had done after the fact.

Do we need to know more than it's delayed?

What does a technical explanation dealing with frame rate do to stop people from complaining about a delay?

the same way that answering a "why?" with actual facts is better at stopping complaints than a "F*** off, that's why!".

See this:

What makes their approach even better is that they didn't wait until the day the release was expected and the peak of the hype, but delivered the news about a week ahead of time. If anyone at DE reads this I hope they take a look at CIG and learn by their example.

THIS is how DE should have handled this. Complaining would've been minimal and most people would've been disapponted but understanding.

Instead they hole up in their bunker and don't tell anyone anything. Which is both wrong, counter-productive, unprofessional, and dare I say downright immature.

Edited by Kaian-a-coel

the same way that answering a "why?" with actual facts is better at stopping complaints than a "F*** off, that's why!".

See this:

THIS is how DE should have handled this. Complaining would've been minimal and most people would've been disapponted but understanding.

Instead they hole up in their bunker and don't tell anyone anything. Which is both wrong, counter-productive, unprofessional, and dare I say downright immature.

Unless all lights were green until the day of delivery and the bottom fell out for whatever reason.

See this:

The biggest problem is that it's too similar to the way that developers usually handle something like this. A company that builds it's game upon the backing of a community of thousands should not take any other path than complete disclosure in a situation where people are likely to be upset.

Edited by N4Z0M3KU

Unless all lights were green until the day of delivery and the bottom fell out for whatever reason.

They still took the time to make that countdownception and wait two more hours to tell us anything.

Remember, it was all planned for yesterday, so the current countdown wasn't there until they knew about the just-one-more-week delay.

That means that instead of scrambling to tell us "Uh guys, last minute problem, no update today, it's really, really that bad. More details when the situation is less critical", they took the time to craft that countdown.

And now we have to wait until bloody FRIDAY for an information we should've had before wednesday 12am EST.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/223mux/psa_warthunder_pcps4_cross_play_patch_approved_by/

Could it be that this is the reason why U13 was delayed? Was Warframe meant to be included in the patch?

Read what /u/MrShadowHero said. Could DE be trying to sneak in a long-awaited feature, and the fact that WarThunder had the same problem was why U13 was delayed?

Makes sense.

Tenno, READ the reddit carefully, there is no cross platform play for Warframe. It just means DE could be bringing both PC and PS4 u13 together and trying to get them synced for account migration maybe even cross play if its in the cards later on.

Edited by ViLeDeth

I disagree. In business, silence is not consent, if there is a 150+ page hype thread and something is not coming along, staying quiet is poor decision making no matter how you twist it.

There was no "plan", it was a deadline. The argument that because Scott Steve and Geoff didnt come personally to post a gif or quote 10 others in the Hype Thread doesnt mean it was not confirmed is just weak. The fact that they announced the delay in this thread of all places is weaker. That "deal with it" reply followed by apology alerts and not a single official note in a proper was next is weaker still. And the fact that they knew it wasnt coming, with enough advance to have the Art Team make the countdownception is the icing of the cake. I may come back for the game, I probably will... But DE is surely in the list of companies that I use services/purchase from, but just cant trust. I paid for the vision, and if I spend any platinum now I am spending it on pixels and fleeting fun, and never again because I believe in the artistic vision or business model being used by DE.

Edit - Mak_Gohae, there is no use arguing anything with you, Commander Fail of the Grinner Candyland. Quote as you like, you will get flak but never an argument with me.

What they don't get is, try pulling something like this off in a business where majority of your customers are not blind fanboys worshiping the ground you walk on and acting the apologist for every bad decision you make, while saying the critics are behaving like a bunch of spoilt brats. Your &#! will get fired and your company will go bankrupt in a hurry. The only reason DE gets away with this is because the fans never gave them a chance to learn from their mistakes by shielding them from valid criticism.

Proper interaction with the customers goes a LONG way. A post by DE_Steve or any one of the DE staff explaining what went wrong and an apology would have gone a long way to build trust with the playerbase. Instead, simply going "See you next wednesday or check the livestream", as if we're going to simply forget about it in a day's time is just no way any competent company would handle even the slightest PR mishap. THAT is what has us &!$$ed off. It's not about getting the update.

Only DE_Megan was nice enough to come out and try to calm things down. For that I am thankful to her.

Edited by Deathstroke2000

Tenno piloting planes and shooting down grineer eh?

Pretty funny comments on the Reddit thread about the merge of the 2 games.

And I took one look at the name of this commentator and went, *sigh*

Edited by Z3ROWOLFHD

I wouldn't say it's their fault for delaying the update. I wouldn't really say that for any of the many delays they've had for over a year now. The only thing I believe they are guilty of is not communicating what went wrong each and every time to the player base in a prompt manner.

I believe they work hard, and they do their best to make quality stuff for us. I just really hate how it seems like they don't think we can understand or handle the reasons for why they have so many delays.

What they don't get is, try pulling something like this off in a business where majority of your customers are not blind fanboys worshiping the ground you walk on and acting the apologist for every bad decision you make, while saying the critics are behaving like a bunch of spoilt brats. Your &#! will get fired and your company will go bankrupt in a hurry. The only reason DE gets away with this is because the fans never gave them a chance to learn from their mistakes by shielding them from valid criticism.

Proper interaction with the customers goes a LONG way. A post by DE_Steve or any one of the DE staff explaining what went wrong and an apology would have gone a long way to build trust with the playerbase. Instead, simply going "See you next wednesday or check the livestream", as if we're going to simply forget about it in a day's time is just no way any competent company would handle even the slightest PR mishap. THAT is what has us &!$$ed off. It's not about getting the update.

Only DE_Megan was nice enough to come out and try to calm things down. For that I am thankful to her.

You summed up my feelings pretty much perfectly, I was disappointed that update 13 got delayed again, sure, but the thing that really annoyed me was Rebecca's post just saying to check out the live stream, and play the alerts.

Makes sense.

Tenno, READ the reddit carefully, there is no cross platform play for Warframe. It just means DE could be bringing both PC and PS4 u13 together and trying to get them synced for account migration maybe even cross play if its in the cards later on.

But the fact that in a post it said "Attention PC ANDPS4 Players!"

When they haven't done that with other updates? (I think?)

we don't need to read the reddit, we need to read the warframe forum.

DO you want me to copy every comment? The Reddit thread summarizes it better in the comments and the post. Obviously it wasn't every comment, but a few were about the delay.

just to ask since my patience to read over 200 pages died pretty quickly was that Excalibur holding what i thought it was holding? a katana with sheath cos if so awesome that is a weapon i want more than anything so far