The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

Well from watching the stream it was pretty apparent it was no where near finished enough to roll out. Seems odd they would put out the grineer systems knowing how far off it was.

Only other comment is, I hope this doesnt break Valkyr too much in respect to Hysteria relies on max crit weapon (ichors or zorens) with no charge mods.

From what I understood, they thought they would make it for this week, and the marketing department decided to engage the hypetrain.

However, it appears that the devs were, well, overly optimistic. And they admitted that there was shouting between them and marketing guys about the failure.

I will forgive DE this mistake. It's no big deal in itself. And U13 looks like the biggest, most badass update to this day. So yeah.

But there is two lessons to learn from the catastrophy:

1) Do not engage the hypetrain until the update is DONE. Not "until you're sure it'll be done by next wednesday". I mean DONE. Yes, that means withholding a finished update for up to a week, but hey, you can polish a little bit more in the meantime, we'll never know, and won't mind anyway. The hypetrain is worth that.

2) Do not hide things. The explanation you gave us on the livestream ("we thought it would be ready for last wednesday, so marketing department put up the website, and turns out we were wrong") should've been given as soon as you found out you wouldn't make it. Mistakes happens. But if your rocket has a missing part, for the love of god stop the countdown.

From what I understood, they thought they would make it for this week, and the marketing department decided to engage the hypetrain.

However, it appears that the devs were, well, overly optimistic. And they admitted that there was shouting between them and marketing guys about the failure.

I will forgive DE this mistake. It's no big deal in itself. And U13 looks like the biggest, most badass update to this day. So yeah.

But there is two lessons to learn from the catastrophy:

1) Do not engage the hypetrain until the update is DONE. Not "until you're sure it'll be done by next wednesday". I mean DONE. Yes, that means withholding a finished update for up to a week, but hey, you can polish a little bit more in the meantime, we'll never know, and won't mind anyway. The hypetrain is worth that.

2) Do not hide things. The explanation you gave us on the livestream ("we thought it would be ready for last wednesday, so marketing department put up the website, and turns out we were wrong") should've been given as soon as you found out you wouldn't make it. Mistakes happens. But if your rocket has a missing part, for the love of god stop the countdown.

I agree.

But I was a bit sad during the stream, they didn't talk about the GrineerSystems failure until almost one hour after the beginning of the stream.

I was wondering if they were going to say anything about it at all.

Frankly, I watched all the stream thinking "Okay, that's cool. Oh, this feature is nice... But when ?"

So I will wait until next Wednesday. Like Seren77 said, it was no where near finished enough to roll out.

I think it is interesting how the tide turns...5 more days of naruto un3 strider and Godhand and then back unto the shelves they go... I definitely want the Cervantes Frame...

For reference:

Sc4-cervantes.jpg

Really happy we're getting a cutlass as well. So we're getting 3 new melee weapons in a single update, right?