The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

I don't understand why you would complain about an update taking so long to be deployed when we all know that it's coming today. 

They work until the last possible second to make everything as perfect as they can, but it's only a couple hours away. This really is the weirdest time to ask why it's taking so long.

It's a very reasonable question though, the update was meant for a week ago, they weren't ready, one would assume that it was close to being done but not there just yet and so a few days and they should have it ready but wait for wednsday release. It's resonable to expect we would not be getting another midnight or aftermidnight launch and yet it seems for reasons we obviously can not know nor have been told it might be one. It'd be nice to hear an estimate or something, its nice not to be in the dark.

The one thing I"m confused on is-on Friday they had a playable version of the game to show us on the DevStream.  So dafuq is it taking so long today? I'd have expected it to drop at 6am

Did you actually watch the dev stream? It was "playable" with 3 weapons(out of 126), one of which had to be installed and debugged WHILE they were streaming.

The game didn't have half the renders it needed to even load a level, the star map is full of inconsistencies, the UI they wanted wasn't in place... That version was CLEARLY not ready, at all. They have to clean that up, they have to add in everything, they have to make final tests to make sure everything is working, do test compiles...

They literally made a whole new game(Prodframe: The Wreckoning!) and are installing it on top of the existing one, adding a whole new tileset, new boss, new gear, the whole "Dark Sectors" mechanic thing... This is a massive update by any measure.(Also, slightly insane. Who builds a whole second game, just to install it into an existing one?)

Competition time!

How many donuts can Homer eat before U13 releases?

af7gcie.gif

Closest guess gets 6 plat

Homer is going about 144 DPM (donuts per minute) so at an average of 3 hours + remaining, I'd say between 25,920 ~ 50,000 donuts so I'm going to say 36,293 donuts.

U12 was a 10 - 11 PM release.

Same with U11 I believe.

It's not uncommon for this too happen.

For the Gravidus event they stayed till midnight just releasing it and were still pushing out hotfixes at 2 AM. DE = Dedicated.

Well.

Midnight for DE is 6 AM for me.

But I didn't know they already stayed that late for an update.

Homer is going about 144 DPM (donuts per minute) so at an average of 3 hours + remaining, I'd say between 25,920 ~ 50,000 donuts so I'm going to say 36,293 donuts.

Lol. Would have been much harder if Homer's DPM increased exponentially. 

Well.

Midnight for DE is 6 AM for me.

But I didn't know they already stayed that late for an update.

Yeah.

but I have to say it does win them a lot of my respect that they try as hard as they possibly can to get a update out.

Which is why I wasn't angry about the delay because if they could of they would of.

Edited by Utarious

What do you guys think? Do you think it will be released before then or no? I think if its not released by a couple i can wait another 8 hours lol i've waited this long enough already lol.

well midnight would technically be another delay because if it happens at midnight it happens at the beggining of the 10th not today, i really hope they release before midnight becuase this is getting just annoying.

Every update is getting out later and later...as a european guy this is annoying...and it is right...they took an extra week to touch this up...wouldn't it be in their interest now to put it out in a timely matter to maybe even hotfix 1 or 2 "critical" things that they won't see while working on it, anyway?

Oh well...here's me thinking that devs work with logic ;D