Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im Too Dump To Pick A Gun In Each Hand (Bp For Duals Seriously?)

The_Sharp_Demonologist

Actually the point stands that there is simply a lack of lore or information related. It's designated a separate weapon because weapons are not separated by which hand they are equipped in. So let's break this down into two categories of reasons as people are a bit indecisive as to what aspect they are referring to:

Technical reason: Secondaries are singular items. You're not equipping one in each hand, nor is there any real reason to implement such a system. Would also be considerably overpowered to wield two weapons that are already powerful in their singular version.

Lore reason: You need the ability to holster and reload two weapons simultaneously. No one is inherently gifted with the ability to wield two of the same weapon, regardless of how ninja you think you are.

Personally, I prefer it the way it is for the sake of balance, simplicity, and more mastery fodder.

I mean the rank of the weapon not your Mastery as a whole, if you fuse a rank 30 Viper whit a rank 3 Viper the dual viper will be unranked. Like if it was a brand new weapon

Yep, this allows you to gain Mastery, it's freakin' worth it lad, if all ya had to do was pick up two of them it'd be a little too easy to gain some of the most devastating sidearms in the game! (Why have Vasto at all? Or just a Cestra? Especially when a single Cestra is pretty terrible!)

THE CAKE IS A LIE! no i wont just "go whit it", if i see a problem i point it out. Thats how improvements occur you know

Read again. I was referring to the weapon, not your suggestion, Mr. Knee-jerk Reaction.

EDIT:

Yep, this allows you to gain Mastery

Actually this is a good point.

Edited by Guest

Actually the point stands that there is simply a lack of lore or information related. It's designated a separate weapon because weapons are not separated by which hand they are equipped in. So let's break this down into two categories of reasons as people are a bit indecisive as to what aspect they are referring to:

Technical reason: Secondaries are singular items. You're not equipping one in each hand, nor is there any real reason to implement such a system. Would also be considerably overpowered to wield two weapons that are already powerful in their singular version.

Lore reason: You need the ability to holster and reload two weapons simultaneously. No one is inherently gifted with the ability to wield two of the same weapon, regardless of how ninja you think you are.

Personally, I prefer it the way it is for the sake of balance, simplicity, and more mastery fodder.

I guess it should come whit a new system as a whole, been able to equip two single handed weapons at the same time. If you speak of balance how can i aim down the sight whit dual weapons? isnt the point of Dual wielding increasing the firepower but lowering the accuracy?

Necesary Why? and if i want mastery why would i master a single Cestra then craft another cestra THEN crafting the Dual so i can master that one if i can just craft a new weapon alltogether and get even more Mastery without wasting resources and time.

soo... if you want Mastery, instead of crafting two Weapons and then making them into a new item to get Mastery, which is apparently a waste of time and resources, you'd instead rather spend time and resources to build a different item, which also gives the same amount of Mastery?

both are a waste of time by that standard.

and i explained it in the quote - which apparently was ignored after the first 4 words.

so here's the long version.

it's a necessary evil due to how the systems in the game work. it's a simple enough solution to the issue of dual Weaponry. it could be better, but it was easy to implement and did not require breaking down walls and rebuilding them.

while it could certainly be improved for the future, and could be more streamlined (such as what i mentioned, two Secondary Slots, and some Weapons simply taking up two slots), what we have now functionally works good enough, to the level where larger aspects of the game can be focused on.

it's a Development Pipeline choice to make it work in the meantime while other grander projects are worked on, and the rest of the game is created and refined.

most things get a look back on over time in Video Games, however you need to have a framework in place to start with, before you can build on top of it.

similar to building very simple archaic rendering functions in a brand new Engine so that it runs in the meantime while you're polishing and refining things like Input, UI, content, Networking, etc. some day though, you'll surely go back and rewrite those rendering functions, as they were created as a pseudo place holder.

Maybe i dont Want dual Cestras, maybe i want a Viper and a Tysis.

again, that is something for the future. that can come on the day we have a true Alternate Fire button, instead of Fine Aim and Alternate Fire being the same button. 

there's already some Primaries that are begging for an Alternate Fire control. and hopefully someday we'll have that. then rewriting Weapons from scratch so that there are no Duals but instead two Secondary Slots of which to fill with whatever your heart desires will be practical.

however, that's a lot of cards stacked against each other, fixing just one of them will make the house fall, all of them would need to be dealt with at once.

Maybe i dont Want dual Cestras, maybe i want a Viper and a Tysis. It has been a constant mistake in all FPS to just simplify Akimbo Weapons. The only game i have played that handles dual wielding well is Salvador from Borderlands 2. Whit his especial you can have a shotgun in one hand and a Machine Gun in the other. Each whit its own ammo, aiming and all.

Yes, but BL2 is a completely different game.

Last time we checked, we are not gunzerkers, capable of wielding a rocket launcher and a sniper launcher.

DE don't want to cross-wield different weapons, and I have to agree with this.

BL2 is a game which enjoys being ridiculous(Bonerfarts, for one example), and WF doesn't do the same.

I'm fine with pistols being the same, to put it simply.

however on a serious note if you for example for the cestra have it potatoed and formaed before the release of the dual varient why not just use that? your not being forced to get it.

also if you'd like another example look at the Bronco Prime and the AkBronco Prime, according to the warframe wiki the single varient of the bronco prime has more damage than the AkBronco Prime, and you know the rest akbronco prime has larger mag fast rate of fire blah blah blah

but sometimes its just best to just roll with it

Because you dont want to put a catalyst on one gun and Forma just os when you use it to forge the dual one your Catalyst and your forma AND mastery are all gone. Cause thats better right?

except no one actually forced you to use your modded gun for the dual model, if you wanted to keep the single one you could had build 2 normal ones and used those, and if you only meant to mod the dual then you shouldn't had used the potato or formas in the single to begin with.

bottom line deal with it.

Being able remove a potato would mean never needing more than 3, bad for DE. However the core problem here is deciding between single and dual use, try maxing a wep first, if you like it and it needs a potato to tap it's potential go for it. Furthermore, take a look at the wiki at the dual version of the weapon, if the stats are to your liking save the potato, max a single for mastery, craft a second and make the dual. Add potato and kill some S#&$.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe i dont Want dual Cestras, maybe i want a Viper and a Tysis. It has been a constant mistake in all FPS to just simplify Akimbo Weapons. The only game i have played that handles dual wielding well is Salvador from Borderlands 2. Whit his especial you can have a shotgun in one hand and a Machine Gun in the other. Each whit its own ammo, aiming and all.

Just Cause 2

Getting on topic though. The biggest reason why we don't have this is because it would require a major overhaul in the weapon mechanics.

Also this:

soo... if you want Mastery, instead of crafting two Weapons and then making them into a new item to get Mastery, which is apparently a waste of time and resources, you'd instead rather spend time and resources to build a different item, which also gives the same amount of Mastery?

both are a waste of time by that standard.

and i explained it in the quote - which apparently was ignored after the first 4 words.

so here's the long version.

it's a necessary evil due to how the systems in the game work. it's a simple enough solution to the issue of dual Weaponry. it could be better, but it was easy to implement and did not require breaking down walls and rebuilding them.

while it could certainly be improved for the future, and could be more streamlined (such as what i mentioned, two Secondary Slots, and some Weapons simply taking up two slots), what we have now functionally works good enough, to the level where larger aspects of the game can be focused on.

it's a Development Pipeline choice to make it work in the meantime while other grander projects are worked on, and the rest of the game is created and refined.

most things get a look back on over time in Video Games, however you need to have a framework in place to start with, before you can build on top of it.

similar to building very simple archaic rendering functions in a brand new Engine so that it runs in the meantime while you're polishing and refining things like Input, UI, content, Networking, etc. some day though, you'll surely go back and rewrite those rendering functions, as they were created as a pseudo place holder.

again, that is something for the future. that can come on the day we have a true Alternate Fire button, instead of Fine Aim and Alternate Fire being the same button. 

there's already some Primaries that are begging for an Alternate Fire control. and hopefully someday we'll have that. then rewriting Weapons from scratch so that there are no Duals but instead two Secondary Slots of which to fill with whatever your heart desires will be practical.

however, that's a lot of cards stacked against each other, fixing just one of them will make the house fall, all of them would need to be dealt with at once.