The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur's Ultimate Is Lacking

Pixues

I suggest that Radial Javelin is changed into Radial Glaive.

Excalibur launches an equal amount of (giant) glaives of equal power with the addition that they can rebound from objects and hit multiple targets. 

Edit: For clarification. Punch through targets, rebound from environment. Javelin with rebound.

Edited by Pixues

my only problem with javelin is that it only goes straight out so if you do it on a ramp you will miss all of them above you and most of them below you, if they could aim toward enemies or at least follow the terrain angles that would suffice, since it does go through some obstacles already

Excalibur is a sword, not a spinning circle 

would not fit his style

Is there some official statement/thing you base this on?

I haven't finished Dark Sector yet. But that game would suggest this/you are wrong. 

Edited by Pixues

I haven't finished Dark Sector yet. But that game would suggest this/you are wrong. 

ffs.. king arthur.. excalibur..

are people really so ignorant or just trolling?.......

Edited by n7snk

At best, Dark Sector and Warframe are within the same universe, but their places within the timelines are so far apart that they're different. One analogy is the relationship between Vindictus and Mabinogi. You can tell from lore that they share a relationship, but it's so...vague.

Of course, more lore can disprove that...

ffs.. king arthur.. excalibur..

are people really so ignorant or just trolling?.......

I thought he was comparing the warframe excalibur to a sword in some way and not referring to the name excalibur, the actual sword. As in some ingame lore or play style that somehow connects the warframe excalibur to a sword. There is nothing in this game that connects the warframe excalibur to the sword or the story of king arthur.

That's why i referred to Dark Sector. 

The fact that excalibur is spawning Javelins and not swords would mean excalibur could just as well spawn anything else. 

Javelins would fit knights more, but excalibur is not a knight in this game. 

calm down.

Edit: well there is the stance at the end of Radial Javelin that would refer to excalibur the sword. Still vague tho. 

Edit Edit: But then again, that is completely lost if you have a melee weapon equiped other than a sword. 

Conclusion: Wall running, gun wielding Excalibur is closer to Dark Sector than King Arthur if you ask me. 

Edited by Pixues

i agree Radial Javelin has little use, you have to wait until you're surrounded and then spend all your energy... to unleash a not so powerful attack that hits limited targets and no punch through, honestly that energy would be better expended into 2 radial blinds,  how about we replace it with something like drawing an energy blade and making a Wide Spinning Cut, the animation could be a sligthly modified single longsword spin attack, and it would fit more into excalibur swordman style too.

I feel like the best buff to his current ult is just to add punchthrough and a slight damage buff, I just find it really stupid that it doesn't go through light cover or Grineer Shields. As to new ult ideas, on activation, he could wear a belt of rotating Skanas which damage the enemies he hits. Totally ripping this off from Vergil in Devil May Cry, but I think it fits his swordsman ways.

I thought he was comparing the warframe excalibur to a sword in some way and not referring to the name excalibur, the actual sword. As in some ingame lore or play style that somehow connects the warframe excalibur to a sword. There is nothing in this game that connects the warframe excalibur to the sword or the story of king arthur.

Slash Dash cuts everything in half with a sword.

Radial Blind blinds everything with a flash of light from a sword.

Radial Javelin plants a sword into the ground and spouts out around 13 swords.

Excalibur was given his name for a reason. Magnets are Mag's theme. Electricity is Volt's theme. Swords are Excalibur's theme.

Edited by SortaRandom

just make it ignore armor and ignore environment/objects please DE.

if worried about lore, just change the javelin model with some ethereal sword to make it logical to ignore environment/objects. :)

unfortunatly the whole "armor ignore" mechanic was utterly removed in dmg2.0, nothing has it, otherwise we'd be back to asking for the torid, flux rifle and more to reaquire that old chestnut.

Edited by Methanoid

Slash Dash cuts everything in half with a sword.

Radial Blind blinds everything with a flash of light from a sword.

Radial Javelin plants a sword into the ground and spouts out around 13 swords.

Excalibur was given his name for a reason. Magnets are Mag's theme. Electricity is Volt's theme. Swords are Excalibur's theme.

Just to be technically correct:

Slash Dash cuts everything in half with whatever melee weapon you have equiped
Radial Blind blinds everything with a flash of light from whatever melee weapon you have equiped
Radial Javelin plants whatever melee weapon you have equiped into the ground and spouts out around 13 Javelins.

Any ult that does Damage only is lacking in Warframe. In Excal's case it's even more so considering the actual mechanics of the javelins. 

Making it into giant Glaives with punch through and rebounds increases it's usefulness but honestly, Excal's ult could really use some decent Utility on top of decent damage.

my only problem with javelin is that it only goes straight out so if you do it on a ramp you will miss all of them above you and most of them below you, if they could aim toward enemies or at least follow the terrain angles that would suffice, since it does go through some obstacles already

False.  I've hit enemies above and below many times.

I've even leapt off crates to fire over cover and hit enemies when I was still a full body length higher up than them.

Radial Javelin works just fine as it is.

Edited by Seasonsofclarity

Just to be technically correct:

Slash Dash cuts everything in half with whatever melee weapon you have equiped

Radial Blind blinds everything with a flash of light from whatever melee weapon you have equiped

Radial Javelin plants whatever melee weapon you have equiped into the ground and spouts out around 13 Javelins.

Those animations don't look like they were designed for knuckles or 2H hammers, mate.

He could just let it rain blades... how cool would that be?

Or better they come out of the ground.

Then the cover thing gets fixed, it would still look cool and an top it would nail enemies to the ceiling which would be creepy but still cool.

For everyone who says they're javelins, take a closer look. They're actually skanas :P Two of them stuck together for each "javelin"

The bouncing glaive idea sounds cool, but I never thought Excal need a new ultimate at all. Just some buffs/tweaks would be nice. Piercing, more javelins, variable angles...

I don't actually play Excalibur, but I rarely feel like they're contributing much when I see them. I usually sigh and wonder why they're still playing him (unless they're going Blindbro, which is still kind of toxic in an OP way). This shouldn't happen. There honestly should not be a Warframe that I don't want to play alongside. They should all have something meaningful to contribute, but as of right now all he contributes is Slash Dash's mobility (which isn't as good as Speed or Wormhole because Slash Dash is selfish) and Radial Blind.

It depends...

I think it's still the player and his style which contributes the most to a fun gameplay.

When it boils down to utter most efficiency, then the selection is limited to very few frames which is boring like hell. Instead of seeing how far you can go with a team of Novas, Rhinos and a Trinitys, it's more fun to push the underdogs to the limit and see, what they can do.

I play Excalibur more lately and it's fun to play. If the Radial Javelin is well placed, it's a satisfying way of pressing 4.

Excal has mobility and CC... In my opinion it's a decent frame without beeing just plain op.

Radial Javelin should have innate punch through and armor ignore, or pin targets to walls for a set duration, ragdolling them.

Second that. And maybe make him invincible during the quite long animation when he pulls out his sword... or shorten that time.