Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are People So Obssessed With Prime Warframes?

kscott190

I'm the opposite. I loathe the prime variants. I find gold gaudy and thoroughly unattractive on several levels. I got a 'Calibur Prime I have to FORCE myself to level from time to time and can only deal with it for an hour, tops before I swap out. Now were there options for the primes to alter that gold color to silver, chrome, platinum or onyx, i'd be all over them. They just don't go with my chosen color scheme of Black & Red.

-Equip Excal Prime.

-Equip original helm. instead of prime helm.

-(Personal) Profit.

People are obsses with prime frames because they can't get over their inferiority complex and pretend like anyone's going to care if they use the prime variant instead of regular.

inb4 someone telling me polarities and all that jazzercise

Please, you won't believe how many comments I get when I run my Excalibur Prime. The Primes look cool first and foremost. Yes, people do care. Either people care about the looks, or they care about how much they can spam their powers.

Eh

just get one thing right, silly.

You're not the one getting commented on though. Just your excal prime which people find cool. Still an unnecessary decision.

No different than if I'm running my Rhino Prime either. You can downplay how much others like the Primes all you want. Doesn't change the fact that there are people that find them appealing. Nothing to do with an inferiority complex. Why don't you get over your anti-Prime superiority complex and realize that people liking primes doesn't affect you in any way, eh?

Edited by AntoineFlemming

People are obsses with prime frames because they can't get over their inferiority complex and pretend like anyone's going to care if they use the prime variant instead of regular.

inb4 someone telling me polarities and all that jazzercise

There are lots of benefits to Primes. If you are a Rhino players, you get a speed bonus. Ember Prime is just gorgeous. I want an actual statue of her - I don't really care what other people think. They are also an extra 4 revives a day for your frames of choice and some mastery... Edited by PoorCensored

Except I never said it affects me. You went from getting comments to finding primes appealing yourself LOL ;]

Well the way you're posting it sure does seem like it bothers you, with you making baseless assumptions that people who like/are-obsessed-with Primes have some inferiority complex...

Primes used to show that you actually know how to play, then trading happened and they cost less Plat than a normal variant.

Know how to play? I can go into Void, run around like headless chicken and let the group carry me.

If you base your skill on Void, you are doing it wrong. Void missions are the same as regular ones, mobs just have higher levels and you fight all 3 factions at once. No skill needed in there.

Because any frame that exists primed that isn't is considered a peasant in my book.

Don't know when I started calling them that but my friends and I laughed our butts off the first time I said "Oh look, we have a peasant frost on our team."

I mean nothing against anyone, its all in good fun, and humor.

umm....this game is point and click  anyway once you get all the mods. My 4 forma marelock helps, and a good quick thinking+rage valkyrie or perma blessing trinity give me immortality apparently equate to some form of...skill? lol. You don't even need skill to make it up to wave 60+ in odd, or any of the boss fights. Before anyone says "I GAHT SKILLZ, COM DUEAL ME IN TEH CONCLAIVE!" ya that is skill less as well at high level play. 6 forma boltor prime ends all fights, hell a soma does as well.

Point is primes just look pretty, and in no way equate to any form of skill, even the people that farmed it. All it means is you either farmed the parts, traded, or a mixture of the two. Prime means  nothing aside from polarity (in some cases increases in damage...... or speed "Cough" Rhino Prime "Cough") thats it really

Edited by CrimsonMOON

Interesting... I wasn't around long enough to know what you mean but that would be amazing.

Eh, I don't know mastery rank can be used in the same way but both as metrics are flawed. A prime user could have just gotten lucky being carried through some voids and a low rank mastery player could have all six of their things forma'd to high heaven. I know personally about the getting lucky void drops while being carried. It's how I got frost prime.

Primes used to show that you actually know how to play, then trading happened and they cost less Plat than a normal variant.

The first Prime was Excalibur Prime, so no, Primes didn't use to show that you knew how to play the game.

People who spend large sums of money on lottery tickets correlates really well with the same people who score low on intelligence tests.  In essence the lottery system acts a virtual intelligence meter.  This idea can be extended to people who spend large amounts of time or money on Prime Warframes.  What people don't realize is "they" are keeping track.  "They" are always watching.  When Gor finally appears and is on a collision course with our planet, "they" will arrive with their Arc to ferry the chosen off to Titan.  

Lottery ticket buyers and WF Prime owners will not be invited.  

People who spend large sums of money on lottery tickets correlates really well with the same people who score low on intelligence tests.  In essence the lottery system acts a virtual intelligence meter.  This idea can be extended to people who spend large amounts of time or money on Prime Warframes.  What people don't realize is "they" are keeping track.  "They" are always watching.  When Gor finally appears and is on a collision course with our planet, "they" will arrive with their Arc to ferry the chosen off to Titan.  

Lottery ticket buyers and WF Prime owners will not be invited.  

Do you have proof of the "study?"